Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

what can I do that will get a real response - illegals

I live next to a new subdivision that is being built and at any given time there are at least 15 illegals working there... sometimes as many as 30-40.

I want to report them and get a real response and hopefully get the employers of these people fined... but calling the town has yielded nothing.

What can I do that will make the developer, empolyers and illegals take notice ? Very frustrating that they are there and everyone knows it but no one will do anything about it.

Re: what can I do that will get a real response - illegals

Quote Originally Posted by over40
    I live next to a new subdivision that is being built and at any given time there are at least 15 illegals working there... sometimes as many as 30-40.

I want to report them and get a real response and hopefully get the employers of these people fined... but calling the town has yielded nothing.

What can I do that will make the developer, empolyers and illegals take notice ? Very frustrating that they are there and everyone knows it but no one will do anything about it.
    Unless you are 100% sure they are illegal and have solid proof, nothing much is going to happen. Just because a person is a different color and speaks a different language in public doesn't mean (s)he is illegal. With that logic everyone could be illegal. If you heard a couple speaking French or German would you think they were illegal, visitors from another country, or just rude? I lean towards the latter, as it's rude as heck.

That whole group could be here on a work visa, legal citizens, etc.. The problem has a lot to do with respect, and it's pretty common knowledge that Governments to the south of us like to fill their citizens with lies and hatred all the way down the education system (brainwash). Hey, it's a money thing...

I would start by contacting your State Attorney General... Local officials are concerned about losing money (taxes,permit fees ect.), so you would most likely want to contact the U.S. Marshals office or Immigration,Customs, Enforcement (ICE). Do not know the number off hand but I am sure it would be in the telephone book under Govt. listings...
    Good luck, YOU are doing the right thing. NOW, if we could get everyone else to do the same thing.
    God Bless, Take Care.
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

Yes, what proof do you have that they are illegal alien workers?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Now, if there are code violations happening you should definitely report a complaint (about the violation of course, and really nothing else). You might want to look up the local codes and see if there are any problems that need to be addressed.

Other crimes can be reported as well (urinating in public, littering, etc.), again it's probably in your best interest to just report the crime. Including illegals this and illegals that in your report will not help unless you know they are.

58 percent of North Carolina’s foreign-born population are illegal immigrants.
    So, 6 out of 10 "foreigners" are also illegal aliens. Depending on what part of the country you are in, the numbers could be higher...as in CA, AZ, TX, CO, NV
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Half of Immigrants in Texas Are Illegal, Report Finds
    By BOB DART
    Cox News Service
    Thursday, November 29, 2007

WASHINGTON — Half of the nearly 3.5 million immigrants living in Texas are in the country illegally, the Center for Immigration Studies says in a report released Thursday.

Based on the latest Census Bureau data, the report said Texas has one of the fastest growing immigrant populations of any state. It said that 50 percent of the state's foreign-born population — slightly more than 1.7 million people — are illegal immigrants. Only Arizona at 65 percent, North Carolina at 58 percent and Georgia at 53 percent had a higher proportion of illegal immigrants in their immigrant populations.
    http://tinyurl.com/5fxzlj

o.k....

well then let me ask this question: how do I verify that they are illegal? the arguments about them being here on work visas are valid but we all know that this is not the case.

so i will make the effort to verify that they are illegal... but how?

Quote Originally Posted by over40
    o.k....

well then let me ask this question: how do I verify that they are illegal? the arguments about them being here on work visas are valid but we all know that this is not the case.

so i will make the effort to verify that they are illegal... but how?
    You have to have someone that works for the company or that has first hand knowledge that is not speculative tell you they are illegal.

You have to see them bolt their jobs because of a nearby raid or something substantial.

Or you have to prove this company is bidding on contracts far below what companies playing by the rules could.

If you have made this post here stating they are illegals simply because you have seen Hispanic workers, then that is true racism and an opinion based on appearances which is not welcome at the Homeland Security tip line and not welcome here at ALIPAC.

W

"If you have made this post here stating they are illegals simply because you have seen Hispanic workers, then that is true racism and an opinion based on appearances which is not welcome at the Homeland Security tip line and not welcome here at ALIPAC. "

I am really surprised at this comment. I support LEGAL immigration but am totally against illegal immigration. The fact that there is a high concentration of Mexican workers at a job site substantially increases the likelyhood that there are illegals present. Am I just to ignore it?

Rather then preach to me... give me some constructive advice on how to prove that they are here illegally. Help me help you fix the system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast