Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Its my opinion that not even on a good day could McCain beat
    Hillary

She has baggage but McCain is the whole luggage rack

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    Quote Originally Posted by UB
    I read the list of RP votes. I would have voted no on most of them also. You should remember, we are not an anti-immigration group. We are an anti-illegal immigration group. Additionally, RP is a state's rights advocate and a constitutionalist, many of the issues in the list where instances where the federal government was over-reaching into the rights of states and citizens. We need more like him.

UB
    On the issue of national defense, immigration (legal or illegal) and national border security, the power of the federal government should always trump states' rights.
    Those are issues that the Constitution clearly defines as federal rights, and not state rights. There's no conflict there.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Quote Originally Posted by therealjjj777
    With Romney and McCain and Huckabee opposing 75% of the population who want us out of Iraq, we can agree that anything but Ron Paul gives the Democrats the home run they want.
    I think Mitt has a shot at beating Hillary. The war is not the only issue. With Mitt, the Republican base will get out the vote, unlike with McCain or Huckabee. It would be a close race, that could go either way. But Mitt certainly has a chance to beat Hillary.
    Either way we're getting a federal healthcare program.

Hrumph.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by therealjjj777

With Romney and McCain and Huckabee opposing 75% of the population who want us out of Iraq, we can agree that anything but Ron Paul gives the Democrats the home run they want.
    Except that the Democrats aren't even promising to get us out of Iraq. Not that the Dem voters are noticing it, of course.

The media has done an excellent job of taking the war off the front pages. It's the economy now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345