Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What Happened in NC today?

Hi:

I've been gone all day today. Does anyone have any feedback on the rally? What happened?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

News story at this link...Comments can be left there also.

http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/raleig ... _anti.html

TIREDOFPATHY:

Thank you for your directions. I wrote an opinion, maybe this will bring more people to our site:

vmonkey56 wrote:
    Thank you everyone for all your efforts in letting the legislators know how unhappy we are in North Carolina with the illegals in our state/nation. Many offices I called told me that the phones were ringing constantly. And believe me I e-mailed as many as I called.
    And by listening to the following site, I hope you will join us at ALIPAC :
    http://www.blogtalkradio.com/troylaplan ... Raleigh-NC

We got a lot of things done today, but we took a gamble on holding the rally.

Only about 30 supporters showed up and that has given our opposition in the media ammunition to blast at us to try and stop us from being effective.

Kristin Collins at the News and Observer is claiming we spoke to only a dozen supporters when there were 30.

We took a gamble, not enough supporters responded, and now we have to take the hits from the opposition.

I'm sorry folks, I really thought more of our people would show up to support.

We took a gamble on the rally and it was a mistake that has handed our opposition a tool to use against us.

W

Actually, she wrote that a FEW dozen showed up. http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1112135.html

We had over 320 listeners online just today.

Yes, it was a gamble on the rally, being on such short notice. If I was not helping, in all honesty, I probably would not have taken most of a day off work and come down. I am sure many people are in the same situation. I am glad I did, though.

Rest assured that mid-day at mid-week had a lot to do with it. I also was advised by some who had previously commited that they were wary of employer reprisals, and peer pressure within families and communities. I have been told at previous events people just couldn't participate because they truly do not know who in their neighborhoods are illegal and might come after them if recognized. True enough, you simply do not know who is lurking in the shadows! And the folks over at El Pueblo want to talk about us using scare tactics....

Anybody read the posts at other sites where the moderators don't clean up the vile filth and threats? Check it out sometime and see if it doesn't make you a little more selective about offering your opinion.

I'd say all-in-all it was a good day for North Carolina and a good day for America. Wait a few more months and let the failing economy do it's work. There will be lots more people waking up and figuring out that their silence is exactly what is exacerbating the problem!

William - Thank you for putting it together. I'm sorry there wasn't a bigger turnout but I'm glad I was able to make it. I would have loved to stay to help out with the legislator meetings after the rally but I had my kids.

Definitely if we would have had more lead time, my husband would have attended for sure as well as several friends and neighbors. Work commitments are difficult to rearrange with little notice.

I really enjoyed listening to all of the speakers and really appreciate all of your efforts.

MW
    The N&O article, written by Kristin Collins, I have here in front of me at this very moment says a dozen supporters showed up. Why does the number differ from this:

excerpt:

By Kristin Collins, Staff Writer
    Comment on this story

RALEIGH - A few dozen people turned out for a rally this morning to protest illegal immigration.
    http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1112135.html

Did the N&O modify her numbers before the story went to print in the newspaper or are they implying that the other couple dozen were illegal alien advocates?

Looks like the N&O editor manipulated Ms. Collins' numbers to better fit the papers agenda.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

April
    Thanks for standing up William, you had no control over who showed up. You and the Alipac callers, and those who showed up did a great job as usual. I am sure we still had an impact and made a difference. No matter what the enemy does or says our cause is a just one, theirs is not, and WE WILL NOT GIVE UP AND WE WILL NOT GIVE IN!!

UNITED WE STAND!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast