Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

What Makes America so great?

Illegal immigration, we are angered by it, we are outraged. We should be, it is blatant crime breaking, in the least.

What Americans have always had, those on the outside looking in want, just like those old Christmas movies with chldren pressing their noses against the store window, wishing, hoping for what they see beyond that glass barrier.

Americans have been taking this all for granted, not working to earn their rightful citizenship, it all has been too easy for us. What America has, other countries lack, and may always lack, the ideal that it takes to form this national cohesiveness we posses, which others find so elusive. Instead they place their hopes in leaders who fail them miserably time and again. They hold election after election, all with the show of freedom, with the hopes of relief finally, hoping the leader they chose will save their beleagured nation at last.

What is it that makes America so great? What keeps this enormous nation, with it's myriad of nationalities and religions cohesive, it is definitely not race, and certainly is not religion, nor is it our political opinions. Is our bond because of our leaders? Do our leaders we vote in posses some kind of greatness that other leaders, of less fortunate nations do not?

I do not think this is what makes us so great. I think we are prosperous so far, because of our own loyalty to each other. Although those of us who are Christians believe that our greatness was only bestowed upon us because of God's grace, we acknowledge that Americans have a loyalty to each other, and our nation, unheard of at least in contempory history. A nation of 50 smaller independent states, which together form a bond which has been unshakable since it's inception in 1776.

However, we are in danger of losing that which our ancestors had worked so hard to win and what they established for us. Why would we allow this to happen? Apathy. Pure and simple. Todays Americans have lost their desire to fight hard for what they have, and risk having it taken out of their very own hands, because they are simply not paying attention.

This has given those here illegally the sense that we do not care, and therefore they can take whatever they want, and we will not do anything about it. They have had our possesion in their hands now for long enough that they feel bold enough to demand it all from us now. We need to take it back now, and tell them to leave.

We have a long road ahead of us, we have to work hard, like our founding fathers did, because we became lazy, now we have made our own lives more difficult.

We have to again bond together, to retake our strength and speak up, like those before us did, or we risk losing this great nation, and all that not only we have worked for, but those that came before us. We are the reason we have the nation we have, not our leaders. It is our loyalty to each other, and the loyalty to the ideals of America that made us great, and we still are. Now we have to tell our elected officials to do what WE want, and secure our borders, enforce our laws. It is us, the people who call all the shots here, not someone we elected, they are just our voices, nor any third world leader who has the audacity to tell our leaders what they will do for their own benefit, no, it is us, the Americans.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    What is it that makes America so great?
    I could have answered that question easily 20 years ago.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You're right Elizabeth. The problem is that we are just now, maybe in the nick of time, unlearning all the political correctness we had drumed into us instead of being able to look at situations in the light of truth.

We also have had so much immigration that although most of our new legal immigrants have the desire to see America continue to be a great and strong country, it cannot be denied that even many legal immigrants do not embrace America and lack a strong desire to assimilate.

This is very serious. It has watered down Americanism, and our courage to stand up and speak out and our ability to insist that we pass on a great country to our children.

We must wake up today and address that which needs to be corrected.

We're not going to let Dr. John McCain and Dr. Ted Kennedy put America on crutches......America is going to walk again !!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    We also have had so much immigration that although most of our new legal immigrants have the desire to see America continue to be a great and strong country, it cannot be denied that even many legal immigrants do not embrace America and lack a strong desire to assimilate.
    Aren't some of these "NEW" legal immigrants....only legal because they broke into this country illegally ....and through time have applied for citizenship? I don't think this should be allowed. If you came across the border illegally...you should not be able to apply for citizenship.
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JAK
    Aren't some of these "NEW" legal immigrants....only legal because they broke into this country illegally ....and through time have applied for citizenship? I don't think this should be allowed. If you came across the border illegally...you should not be able to apply for citizenship.
    never,never,,ever...

Most of the "Baby Boomer" crowd showered their kids with what ever they
    wanted most did not have to work for what they got - lets face it this has
    weakened America. And their kids gave their kids even more.
    I have to ask - do we have that loyalty any more - seems to me that
    the only loyalty out there is to oneself. Are we on the brink of
    dictatorship - I think so. Do we want it - NO. What action can we take?
    Can we gather our past loyalty to each other ?

Suggestion - Stop shopping Xmas right now. Money talks.
    If Corporate Business see no year end profits; if they can not make up
    for bad sales; does that not make a big sucking sound in their pockets?
    How many Americans can tough out no Xmas this year?

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    usaave, for many of us, it is the one time of year we allow ourselves to buy anything for each other, and I mean that literally. Don't know about you all, but my kids get excited over clothers for Christmas, since it is one of the few times they get them. Yes we do buy a few small frivolous things for them, we're not talking video games, as we own not one single one, just little wish items.

So although I am on board for bannig frivolous shopping, not at Christmas. Besides, most bans seem pointless to me, even though I participate in word, I never shop for anything but the esentials, these businesses do not get any extra money from us anyways.

For us Christmas is about being together and having fun, eating and visiting, but it is not about buying, never has been.

I do think too many people go overboard with it all. I see them in the stores around Christmas, carts loaded with all sorts of stuff, and their credit cards (slave cards) ready. I stood behind a woman two years ago, in Walmart, who bought over $800.00 worth of toys just for five kids. I thought I was going to pass out from lack of oxygen to my brain, I was sweaty watching them ring her up, and it wasn't even me paying!!!LOL

I digress, yes people I do think we still have that loyalty, I think it is going to take those who have always had a lot to be down in the ditch kind of broke to see it though. With us, we have never had free money, so our love and loyalty is all we have had, but to those who could just buy their love and happiness, have forgotten what is really important.

I do think it is going to take another outright "depression" for people to wake up, it seems we are heading into that.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)