Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

WHO ARE THESE KOOKS?

WHO ARE THESE KOOKS?
    Tuesday, 18 December 2007
    By Pastor Chuck Baldwin

According to the Associated Press , "Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul's supporters raised over $6 million Sunday to boost the 10-term congressman's campaign for the White House."

The AP report also said, "The [Paul] campaign's previous fundraiser brought in $4.2 million."

According to the Paul campaign website, "In a 24-hour period on December 16, the campaign raised $6.026 million dollars, surpassing the one-day record of $5.7 million held by John Kerry.

"During the day, over 58,000 people contributed to Dr. Paul's campaign, including 24,940 first-time donors. Over 118,000 Americans have donated to the campaign in the fourth quarter.

"The $6 million one-day total means the campaign has raised over $18 million this quarter, far exceeding its goal of $12 million."

Now, if one listens to most of the political pundits in the major media, Ron Paul is some kind of "kook," and his supporters are also a bunch of "kooks." So, the question must be asked, Just who are these kooks that are supporting him, and where did they get all this money?

First, let's take a look at this "kook" who is receiving all this money. Ron Paul was born the third son of Howard and Margaret Paul, and was brought up with a work ethic in which one worked six days a week and went to church on Sunday. His first job was at age 5 helping his uncle wash bottles. He worked all the way through his youth mowing lawns, delivering newspapers, working in a drug store, delivering furniture and laundry, etc.

In high school, Ron was a track star, winning state as a junior in the 220-yard dash and running 2nd in the 440. His time in the 100-yard dash was 9.8. That's pretty good. I was never able to break 10-flat in the 100. Although, I bet I could have beaten him in the 50-yard dash. He also wrestled in high school. Coincidentally, so did I. But here Ron leaves me: he was president of the student council and an honor student. I never accomplished that. I was just glad to get promoted to the next grade. Even as a senior statesman, Ron Paul keeps himself in terrific shape. Have you seen him lately? He still maintains a rigorous exercise regimen.

Ron's two brothers are both ministers, and he became a medical doctor. He graduated from Duke University School of Medicine. When the Cuban Missile Crisis arose, Ron became a flight surgeon in the U.S. Air Force. He also served in the Air National Guard.

As an OB/GYN physician, Dr. Paul has delivered more than 4,000 babies, and he and his wife, Carol, have been married for more than 50 years. They have 5 children, 18 grandchildren and 1 great-grandchild. Ron Paul is currently in his 10th term as a Congressman from Texas.

As a congressman, Ron Paul has never taken a government-paid junket. He is not accepting a government pension. He returns a portion of his office budget every year to the taxpayers. As a member of Congress, he has never voted a raise for himself. Do you know any other member of Congress that can make such a claim? Of course you don't, because Ron Paul is truly one-of-a-kind.

Former President Ronald Reagan said this about Ron Paul, "Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country."

Perhaps this helps explain why many of the "kooks" supporting Ron Paul are active-duty military personnel. In fact, Ron Paul has received more campaign contributions from active-duty military personnel than any other Presidential candidate from either party.

But who are the other "kooks" supporting Ron Paul? What kind of people give more than $18 million in a quarter-year to a Presidential candidate that is almost universally ignored by the mainstream press? What kind of people give record contributions to a Presidential candidate that is lampooned by his fellow Republican presidential contenders?

For example, Mike Huckabee recently said he could support any of the other Republican Presidential contenders (including Rudy Giuliani), except Ron Paul. That means, Mike Huckabee would rather support a pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, pro-gun control liberal such as Giuliani than support the pro-life, pro-traditional marriage, pro-Second Amendment candidacy of Ron Paul. Why is that?

Furthermore, why are the entire major media and establishment Republican machine either ignoring or lampooning a distinguished Air Force veteran, medical doctor, and ten-term Congressman? What is it about Ron Paul that the elite are so afraid of?

Here is something else: while Ron Paul's contributions have exploded, Mike Huckabee is all but broke! How can that be? How can a political "front-runner" be out of money, while a man who "doesn't have a chance" is breaking fundraising records?

So, who are these "kooks" who are sending Ron Paul so much money? And just why are they sending him so much money? I will tell you who they are, because I am one of them. They are rank-and-file, tax-paying citizens who are sick and tired of out-of-control federal spending and deficits. They have had it with an arrogant federal government that runs roughshod over both the Constitution and the liberties of the American people. They are people who have had enough of the IRS, the BATFE, and a thousand other federal agencies that have "erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance." (Declaration of Independence)

They are people who see through the phony, disingenuous federal politicians who only want to fleece the American citizenry for the purpose of building their own personal fortunes. They have had it with the Military-Industrial complex that desires to build international empires at the expense of the blood and sacrifice of the American people. They have had it with David Rockefeller and his Council on Foreign Relations. They have had it with the arrogance of George W. Bush and Nancy Pelosi.

They are sick and tired of paying outlandish taxes for a public education system that produces high school graduates who cannot read and write. They are sick and tired of working for 30 years to pay off a mortgage, only then to be forced to pay extortion money (a.k.a. property taxes) for the rest of their lives to the feudal state. They are sick and tired of the government telling them what they can and cannot do with their own property. They are sick and tired of watching people with food stamps buy T-bone steaks and expensive Nike tennis shoes while they are forced to buy fatty hamburger and cheap sneakers.

They are sick and tired of watching their manufacturing jobs go to China and India. They have had it with money-hungry businessmen who hire illegal Mexicans at slave labor wages. They have had it with labor unions promoting politicians who support NAFTA, CAFTA, and the FTAA. They are sick and tired of being bled dry at the gas pump.

They have had it with this phony "war on terrorism" that sends trillions of dollars to nations throughout the Middle East, but refuses to close our own borders to illegal immigration. They have had it with the "war on drugs" and the "war on terror" being used as excuses to trample people's freedoms. They have it with Vicente Fox and Felipe Calderon. They have had it with Bush's North American Union. They have had it with Joel Osteen and Rick Warren. In short, they have just had it!

They also know that a vote for any other Presidential candidate is a vote for more of the same. Democrat or Republican: it is more of the same. Ron Paul, and Ron Paul alone, will bring a revolution of freedom and independence to America. Believe me, the Ron Paul revolution is bigger than Ron Paul. This is the beginning of a movement.

No matter what ultimately happens to Ron Paul's candidacy, the fight to return America to its roots of freedom and independence has started. The fire is lit. There is no putting it out. There will be other Ron Pauls, other campaigns, other spokesmen, other fundraising. The people supporting Ron Paul will not be silenced; they will not be ignored; they will not be intimidated. In truth, Ron Paul's campaign may just be the beginning of the end of the elitist, globalist, stranglehold over America.

As one who is also fed up with the globalist goons that dominate the two major parties, I join the Ron Paul revolution and vow to fight for the rest of my life for the freedom and independence of these United States. This means I will never again support a business-as-usual, millionaires-club, globalist toady from either party ever again! I will only support candidates who are fully committed to restoring constitutional government. If that makes me a kook, so be it.
    http://www.borderfirereport.net/dr.-chu ... kooks.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ron Paul represents a lot of change, some of what I term radical from today's status quo, but most of what he proposes is needed. Our voting system is so corrupt that I will predict he doesn't make the nomination, which is frightening knowing that he leads in the polls. The CFR, the US Commerce Dept and the Aluminati will decide who will be President, not our voting system. Our votes are still in place to pacify us. We have not been sucessful in seeing to it that we have a paper trail in place. This won't happen because our outcry for it hasn't been significant enough. If I end up eating my words, I would gladly do that than take part in an election that is bogus.

The only three Americans in this race are Tancredo, Hunter and Paul. All of the others are traitors and have been bought out.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

As a group we have to see to it that one of the three Paul, Tancredo or Hunter becomes the republican nominee. And so far it appears Paul has the best chance to finance a campaign.

Vote for who you like not who the media says can win.!!!Corporations
    control the government and the election however we still can make our
    own decision when in the voting booth.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Very telling about Hucks feelings... He talks about his "faith", yet he has no problem capitulating it in support of others 'who will continue the agenda'...

Yup... the last two paragraphs are what I am most interested in... the elite/globalists have a HUGE stranglehold on us.. and this is causing the open borders, the ridicuous policies and so forth...

Look at "open secrets" - this is where the big funding is coming from. Look to see who the elites choose - and why do you think they are funding these guys , promotion of the agenda.

HEDGE FUNDS AND PRIVATE EQUITY:
    http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/select.asp?Ind=F27

COMMERCIAL BANKS:
    http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/select.asp?Ind=F03

LAWYERS/LAW FIRMS
    http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/select.asp?Ind=K01

LOBBYIST CONTRIBUTIONS:
    http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/select.asp?cycle=2008

This is who is bought and sold in our candidates...

Banned
    I'll be totally honest here

If Ron Paul had a reasonable foreign policy he might have had a chance,

He advocates cut and run and I just can't support that

I agree we should not be in Iraq anymore and it was done wrong but
    his isolationist policies is whats turning a lot of Americans off ,

I know and agree that their are a lot of places we shouldn't be anymore
    but I think the way he is putting it is going to cost him the whole banana

Its a shame though because he does have so many good points

They also know that a vote for any other Presidential candidate is a vote for more of the same. Democrat or Republican: it is more of the same.
    That right there says it all to me in this election, no other candidate even acknowledges that our government is on the wrong path.
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Actually, I think Paul's foreign policy is a plus for him -

His main attraction to me is state's rights. To me, that is a cornerstone of our government.

I like his policy on immigration - it seems plain, straightforward and reasonable.

As for 'cut and run' - I just don't see it that way. The war was not only just wrong or ill advised - it was heinous. We have sacrificed thousands of American lives and untold Iraq lives to satisfy some corporations greed. That is almost unimagineable.

Just me, but I think IF we leave Iraq - we will simply have to leave it. There will be no winning - the poor Iraqis certainly can't be winners - no matter what. WE can't win, because we had nothing to win - as in national interest. Unless we stay there forever, and fight forever, there will be fighting and chaos in that country - until they just get tired of fighting.

We can stay and sacrifice more and more Americans lives and limbs, spend billions more of borrowed money - or we can leave now and let Iraq handle it - they must do it someday.

We do owe them money to help rebuild.

As for bringing them home from around the world, I just don't see a problem. Certainly,the EU can protect itself - it doesn't need us there.
    If others need protecting in that part of the world, let that part of the world play the watchdog. We can no longer afford it.

Why are we in Asia? Are we still afraid of communism. That's a laugh. We are making China rich and borrowing money from them - probably selling parts of the country to them. The 'threat of communism' is truly, truly silly in light of our China policy.

We need our NG, etc., on our border - years ago. We need the good paying jobs the bases and military support pays. We need the money we spend around the world on bases to be spend and kept here in the US.

It's a plus, plus as I see it.

I was really impressed after reading this article. The MSM has treated Ron Paul as a "kook", and I have even heard sarcastic spouts of giggling from panelists during the debates. But Ron Paul isn't a "kook" at all. He is probably everything I was looking for in a candidate. But the media has distorted and distracted me from considering him as a good and well qualified candidate.
    I am almost convenced that he will be my choice.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I've seen him all over TV this week and I thought his interviews were great. He seemed standoff-ishs during the debates, but was very likable on Glenn Beck and The Colbert Report. I agree with usanevada that only his foreign policies are perhaps too extreme for most. I'd really like to see him win, but I can only imagine the disaster of the Ron Paul vs Hillary run. Despite all his good ideas and honesty, could he handle a Clinton?
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast