Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Why are African Americans brainwashed about illegal immigration?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member 6 Million Dollar Man's Avatar
    Illegal Immigration Hurts Black Americans Most

I
    n the 19th century, savvy American saloon-owners offered free lunches to attract noontime patrons. Inevitably, the diners would get thirsty and buy expensive drinks—thus was born the expression, “there’s no such thing as a free lunch.” Despite its humble origins, the phrase captures a deep and omnipresent truth: everything has a price, an opportunity cost, a trade-off.

This is as true of lunches as it is of America’s immigration policy. Although The Economist‘s propaganda-artists claim otherwise, mass immigration does not enrich all Americans. There are obvious winners and losers. The winners are wealthy Americans and the immigrants themselves; the losers are everyone else, especially the working class, Millennials, and black Americans.

Black Americans are an interesting demographic. On the one hand, black Americans vote for Democrats by obsequious margins—often in excess of 90 percent. And yet black Americans are hurt most by the Democrats’ immigration policy.
    In short: mass immigration, legal and illegal, disproportionately hurts black Americans because they are the ones most likely to compete directly with immigrants for work.
    At the Hot Gates
    A great mob of men marches towards our southern border—thousands strong and growing daily. All eyes are on them. But what do they matter? As of Tuesday, the number had grown to an estimated 14,000 people. But the size of this particular group is insignificant compared to the tens of millions who already reside within our borders.

Before we can begin assess the economic impact of illegal immigration, we need to wrap our heads around just how many aliens live in America already. Pew Research estimates that some 11.1 million illegals reside within our borders. Although this falls in line with figures from the Department of Homeland Security, many—myself included—believe the true figure is much higher.

There are two reasons for this. First, the “official” figures do not include the children of illegal immigrants who were born in America—the “anchor babies.” Although natural-born citizens, these individuals are only here and only “Americans” because of their parents’ illegal activity.

Can we blame them for their parents’ actions? No. But there’s no denying that the addition of 6.5 millionchildren is a burden on our welfare state and educational system—especially since their parents contributed nothing toward its creation, and now contribute very little toward its operating costs.

Second, the official aggregate figures (suspiciously) plateau around 2007. The explanation is that after 2008 the number of migrants fell and deportations rose to a point of equilibrium. There is little evidence that migration rates fell, however, and the reason deportations increased is that the Obama Administration simply changed the definition of “deportation” to inflate the numbers.
    If the official figures are flawed, then just how many illegal aliens reside in America?
    A relatively recent study conducted by Dr. Mohammad Fazel Zarandi of the Yale School of Management estimates that some 22.8 million illegal immigrants live in the United States. This figure draws upon more recent data and a variety of (sometimes-ignored) sources, and is likely more accurate than estimates from Pew or the DHS.
    Regardless of which estimate we use, the impact of illegal immigration is magnified because alien populations are heavily concentration in a number of specific states and cities. For example, California alone is home to nearly one-in-four illegal migrants, and the majority of these live in the Greater Los Angeles area. Meanwhile, cities like St. Louis and states such as North Dakota have very few illegal aliens.
    To sum up: there are at least 22.8 million illegal aliens in America, and they are heavily concentrated in a few particular urban areas.
    Into the Octagon
    In 2008, Vernon Briggs, Emeritus Professor of Labor Economics at Cornell University, testified before the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights. He stated matter-of-factly that there was “little doubt” that black Americans are the “major loser” in the immigration equation. Briggs explained:

Because most illegal immigrants overwhelmingly seek work in the low skilled labor market and because the black American labor force is so disproportionately concentrated in this same low wage sector, there is little doubt that there is significant overlap in competition for jobs in this sector of the labor market. Given the inordinately high unemployment rates for low skilled black workers…it is obvious that the major loser in this competition are low skilled black workers.
    Basically, illegal migrants generally work low-wage jobs—the very jobs so many black Americans tend to work. Likewise, both aliens and blacks tend to reside in major cities. Taken together, this means that migrants and black Americans compete directly for the same jobs, which reduces wages and employment opportunities.
    Unfortunately, black Americans fare worse in this head-to-head struggle because illegal aliens often work under-the-table for less than minimum wage and forgo expensive employer-provided healthcare plans. They undercut the labor-market’s mandated floor, and pull the rug out from under American workers.
    These findings are backed up by decades of studies. For example, a 1995 study conducted by Augustine Kposowa found that when compared to white Americans, “non-whites appear to lose jobs to immigrants and their earnings are more depressed by immigrants.” These non-whites mostly include black and Hispanic American citizens.
    A 1998 study of the New York area by David Howell and Elizabeth Mueller of the New School for Social Research found that a 10 percent increase in the immigrant share of any given occupation reduced wages of the black men working in that occupation by five percentage points. Furthermore, the relationship held across a wide range of jobs. Basically, more immigration meant lower wages for black Americans.
    I have cited these older papers not because nothing newer exists—feel free to browse the work of Harvard University’s George Borjas, or read my recent article on the economics of immigration—but to show that we have known about this for decades. And yet, the Democrats have done nothing to save their most stalwart voters from the ravages of illegal migration.
    I cannot help but wonder: why?

https://amgreatness.com/2018/10/24/i...mericans-most/

There's a lot of good comments in that last article. For example, here's one:

Tex 3 months agoAs a former independent small business owner, I offer a little known reason illegal immigrants take jobs from legal American workers. This is rarely if ever mentioned by university "experts." Business owners are required by law to deduct 6.2 % (FICA) from legal worker's salary. Plus they deduct 1.5 % for medicare tax. But here is the dirty secret. Employers have to match those deductions out of profits. So the Worker is taxed 7.7 % and the employer matches it at 7.7%. 15.4 % for the government. This does not include state taxes. There is no incentive to hire black, white or any American citizen when businesses regularly hire illegals under the table. Illegals are paid in cash. The illegal worker willingly works for less but in reality, gets paid more than legal employees because of current tax code. This practice is prevalent in building trades. The bottom line.? Naive university "experts" never discuss this, as you can see from this article. The Chamber of Commerce, is very simpatico toward illegals, in case you didn't notice. In addition, illegals get all the social goodies the government hands out. Regular Citizens are out of luck for certain benefits. Thus, low wage black or otherwise citizens, are trapped in endless poverty and welfare dependence.

Note: But most illegals are on the books. I worked at a couple places that had illegals, but they all got a regular check, with taxes taken out, but they still stole jobs from Americans, because if they weren't there, Americans would have those jobs, and at better wages.

Last edited by 6 Million Dollar Man; 01-29-2019 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 6 Million Dollar Man View Post
    There's a lot of good comments in that last article. For example, here's one:

[FONT="][/FONT]
    [FONT="]Tex 3 months agoAs a former independent small business owner, I offer a little known reason illegal immigrants take jobs from legal American workers. This is rarely if ever mentioned by university "experts." Business owners are required by law to deduct 6.2 % (FICA) from legal worker's salary. Plus they deduct 1.5 % for medicare tax. But here is the dirty secret. Employers have to match those deductions out of profits. So the Worker is taxed 7.7 % and the employer matches it at 7.7%. 15.4 % for the government. This does not include state taxes. There is no incentive to hire black, white or any American citizen when businesses regularly hire illegals under the table. Illegals are paid in cash. The illegal worker willingly works for less but in reality, gets paid more than legal employees because of current tax code. This practice is prevalent in building trades. The bottom line.? Naive university "experts" never discuss this, as you can see from this article. The Chamber of Commerce, is very simpatico toward illegals, in case you didn't notice. In addition, illegals get all the social goodies the government hands out. Regular Citizens are out of luck for certain benefits. Thus, low wage black or otherwise citizens, are trapped in endless poverty and welfare dependence.

[/FONT]
    Pass the FairTax and you turn this table all the way around. The FairTax helps us in so many different ways to stop illegal immigration. I've never understood why we haven't as an organization supported it.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Pass the FairTax and you turn this table all the way around. The FairTax helps us in so many different ways to stop illegal immigration. I've never understood why we haven't as an organization supported it.
    I just edited it to add this:

Note: But most illegals are on the books. I worked at a couple places that had illegals, but they all got a regular check, with taxes taken out, but they still stole jobs from Americans, because if they weren't there, Americans would have those jobs, and at better wages.
    Since most illegals are getting regular pay checks, like everyone else, ICE needs to start doing the I-9 checks on all these businesses asap. I-9 checks obviously won't work on the businesses that pay illegals under the table. But most employers do pay their illegal employees with a check, like everyone else.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    While illegal immigration is a priority issue for me, I'm not going to cut my nose off to spite my face. The cons of the unfair tax plan outweigh the pros. The plan is a non-starter for good reason.

https://mises.org/library/fair-tax-fraud

https://www.factcheck.org/2007/05/un...g-the-fairtax/

https://www.businessplexus.com/listi...tax-scam-55025

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...dding-fairtax/

http://distributism.blogspot.com/200...tax-fraud.html

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by 6 Million Dollar Man View Post
    I just edited it to add this:

Since most illegals are getting regular pay checks, like everyone else, ICE needs to start doing the I-9 checks on all these businesses asap. I-9 checks obviously won't work on the businesses that pay illegals under the table. But most employers do pay their illegal employees with a check, like everyone else.
    Yes, and for that group they run down at tax time, file their tax returns and claim all those tax credit welfare checks. Pass the FairTax and that ends all that tax credit welfare incentive.

They really should rename it the SmartTax.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Non-Citizens Earn More Than Black Americans

By Rick Oltman, July 11, 2019

Census and immigration are in the news, again. The U.S. Census Bureau’s Current Population Report, “Income and Poverty in the United States: 2017”, published in September 2018, shows that non-citizens earn almost $10,000 a year more than Black American citizens do.

On page 10 of the report, go to “2017” “Medium Income (dollars)”, and on row 11, you will see that Black Americans earn an average annual salary of $40,258. “Not a citizen” workers earn $49,739. “Foreign Born” workers average $57, 273 a year and includes naturalized citizens ($65,859) and non-citizens. There is no category showing the earnings of illegal aliens.

This data shows irrefutably that immigration, legal and illegal, hurts Black American citizens.
    An Op-Ed in the Los Angeles Times (March 16, 201 points out:

… at a large bakery in Chicago that supplies buns to McDonald’s. Some 800 immigrant laborers, most of them from Mexico, lost their jobs last year (2017) after an audit by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). The Cloverhill Bakery, owned by Aryzta, a big Swiss food conglomerate, had to hire new workers, 80% to 90% of whom are African American. According to the Chicago Sun Times, the new workers are paid $14 per hour, or $4 per hour more than the (illegal) immigrant workers.

Well, thank you ICE, and thank you Law-of-Supply-and-Demand. What this one example proves is that lower-paid foreign workers, in this situation illegal alien workers from Mexico, hurt American citizens, particularly young black males.

This is wrong! American citizens should NOT be hurt by our immigration policies, including both our legal immigration policy and our porous borders.

And Black Americans know what is happening. In 2018, a Harvard-Harris poll found that Black Americans were in favor of reducing legal immigration more than any other ethnic group: 85% want less than the million-plus we currently allow in every year (more than all the rest of the nations of the world combined), and 54% approved of the most strict choices offered — 250,000 immigrants per year or fewer, or none at all.

I recall watching Alan Greenspan, former Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank, testify to Congress several years ago that America needed to keep importing foreign workers to hold down “wage inflation.”
    “Wage inflation” is your pay raise.

Greenspan and the cheap labor lobby, including the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, be damned. It is time to require E-Verify in America to protect all American citizens from being crowded out by cheap foreign workers.

You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life. [Winston Churchill.]

https://usinc.org/non-citizens-earn-...LAonN1XUPmnb_Q

Last edited by 6 Million Dollar Man; 07-12-2019 at 01:33 PM.

NAACP Abandons Blacks for Illegal Immigrants

A Central American migrant takes part in a caravan called 'Migrant Via Crucis' towards the U.S., and hangs clothes to dry in Matias Romero, Oaxaca State, Mexico, on April 3, 2018. (Victoria Razo/AFP/Getty)
    By Clarence McKee
    Tuesday, 03 April 2018 04:23 PMCurrent | Bio | Archive

A caravan of an estimated 1,500 future illegal aliens from Central America is marching across Mexico on its way to sanctuary cities in the United States.

You can bet that Gov. Jerry Brown, D-Calif., the two Democratic U.S. senators from California — Diane Feinstein and Kamala Harris — Libby Schaaf, the Democratic mayor of Oakland, Democratic Party leaders in the Congress and progressives throughout the nation will welcome them with open arms.

Included in this illegal alien cheering squad is the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP). It's just shown that it has forsaken its original black constituency and become a wholly owned subsidiary of the Democratic party and its open borders lobby, which welcomes the illegal immigrant invasion.

The NAACP has filed a lawsuit against the federal government over its decision to include a question on citizenship in the 2020 Census form. It argues that the addition of a citizenship status question will lead to an undercount of minority and immigrant communities, and that it will misrepresent true U.S. population.

As a black American, I say "Yes" to whether such a question should be included.

April 4 of this year will mark the 50th anniversary of the assassination of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Black Americans have paid in blood, and the nation fought a Civil War over their right to citizenship. Something which was not gained until the adoption of the 13th Amendment ending slavery and the 14th Amendment which guaranteed their citizenship.

The 14th Amendment says, in part, "All persons born or naturalized in the United States . . . are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

Therefore, black Americans should have no problem with any census question on citizenship. They should respond with a resounding "Yes," meaning that "you are right I am an American citizen — my ancestors were brutalized and murdered for that right!"

Note that the 14th Amendment also guarantees citizenship to naturalized persons. That means that legal immigrants are citizens and should also have no problem answering a question on citizenship — and should also be proud to do so.

Unfortunately, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) feels otherwise.
    It is not alone.

California has filed a similar lawsuit. New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said he will follow and initiate a multi-state lawsuit; and, at least 10 other states have announced they would join his suit.

Why are they so concerned?

They fear that a citizenship question will deter illegal immigrants from participating and decrease the numbers used to determine congressional representation and how billions of federal dollars are allocated.

As NAACP President Derrick Johnson said at a National Press Club press conference in Washington, D.C., "We know , , , that the under-counted African-American Latino community has been a persistent problem across the country."

Wait a minute.

Since when has the mandate of the NAACP been expanded to represent the Latinos?

Isn’t that what Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organizations are charged with doing?

When was the last time any Hispanic advocacy group, or for that matter, any liberal white group — or even the NAACP — demanded intervention from the Department of Justice (DOJ) to address the ongoing slaughter of black youths in Chicago, South Florida, Baltimore, and other cities?

This entire crusade against inclusion of a question on citizenship is merely an attempt to protect illegal immigrants and make sure that sanctuary and other cities with large numbers of illegals, including criminals, do not lose federal funds or congressional representation.

As I have written in this space on numerous occasions, blacks and legal Hispanic immigrants are economically harmed by illegal immigration and open borders policies.

At a time when black unemployment rates are at historic lows, here comes the NAACP assisting those working to make sure that as many illegal immigrants, including criminals, get into our country as possible. The result: they take low skilled jobs; burden taxpayers with increased education and healthcare costs; and, will be recruited to become Democratic voters — by fraud or any other means.

When was the last time a mayor warned their black communities when feds were going to conduct operations against criminals in the black community as the mayor of Oakland is doing to protect illegal immigrant criminals in her city?
    Wake up blacks. You are no longer the favored minority.

Democrats and the NAACP are telling you to "move to the back of the political bus" which now only stops for illegal aliens.
    Does anyone think that Democratic leaders would be as protective of illegal aliens and the criminals among them if they were from Haiti or Africa?

Don’t bet on it.

Clarence V. McKee is president of McKee Communications, Inc., a government, political, and media relations consulting firm in Florida. He held several positions in the Reagan administration as well as in the Reagan presidential campaigns. He is a former co-owner of WTVT-TV in Tampa and former president of the Florida Association of Broadcasters. Read more of his reports — Go Here Now.

https://www.newsmax.com/clarencevmck.../03/id/852370/

Black conservatives: Ban services to undocumented immigrants
    Think tank urges end to 'strain' on lower-income
    Published Sunday, June 24, 2018 6:20 pm
    byHerbert L. White | The Charlotte Post

A black conservative think tank wants undocumented immigrants banned from all public services – including education and social services.

Project 21, a free-market think tank, insists use of taxpayer-funded services for the undocumented disproportionately cost African Americans, according to its "Blueprint for a Better Deal for Black America." The manifesto is a 57-point plan for removing barriers to African American empowerment.

Undocumented immigrants strain public services and place a disproportionate burden on black communities, the blueprint contends. In education, for example, Project 21 says black students are more likely to suffer from class overcrowding to accommodate immigrants than whites, noting that in 83 of the largest 100 cities, African American and Hispanics attend majority-minority schools.

According to a 2017 report by the Center for Immigration Studies, 23 percent of students in public schools are from immigrant families, more than triple the percentage from 1980, when they represented 7 percent of enrollment.

“Millions of people being able to stay in our country illegally not only demonstrates the failure of our immigration system, but also causes a significant strain on public services – especially at the state and local level,” said Project 21 Co-Chair Horace Cooper. “Our neediest Americans, particularly blacks in urban communities, must compete for education and health programs with those who shouldn't even be here. At the same time, much of the funding for these local programs comes from regressive taxes that hit poor and working-class blacks the hardest. This means they actually pay for the privilege of having unlawful immigrants in their neighborhoods. This is unfair, and it should end."

Project 21 leaders have been meeting members of President Donald Trump’s White House staff and congressional leadership about the policy platform, which is spread over 10 subjects.

Every Monday until July 9, the think tank plans to release reform recommendations covering a specific subject: strengthening faith communities (June 25); promoting self-determination (July 2) and ending excessive regulation (July 9).

Estimates of illegal immigration’s cost vary from $43 billion to $279 billion a year at the federal, state and local level, according to a study by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine.

Project 21's Blueprint offers four proposals to reduce subsidizing undocumented immigration, and thus give African Americans a better shot:
    • Bar access to any public services, except emergency programs such as public service.

• End federal funding of any social service agency that provides non-emergency services to illegal immigrants.

• Prosecute providers and recipients who allow federally funded social services to be used by illegal immigrants.

• End state-supported programs for undocumented immigrants, and redirect that money to needy citizens.

“To the political left, illegal immigrants are the ‘new blacks,’” said Christopher Arps, a principal with Red Tail Strategies and co-founder of the Move-On-Up black social media network. “Thus, its entitlement agenda now prioritizes those who enter our country illegally over the lawful citizens whose ancestors were here and fought for this country as far back as its founding. It's appalling and a disgrace. What's equally appalling and disgraceful are so-called black leaders who push these policies of unfair wealth transfer. These giveaways to non-citizens must end.”

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast