Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why am I NOT hearing this.....

Even though it seems common knowledge that he health care bill WILL cover illegal immigrants regardless of the loopholed writings in the bill, I am not hearing AT ALL any mention from raido/tv/print that the obamacare will cover illegals.

I think this is a HUGE wedge issue and should be known by the masses.

The dems are saying it doesn't cover.. YET, it does cover them via the lack of definition.

SO, why aren't the talk shows taking this up? Are we not reaching out to them to let them know this monstrousity?

Infact, I would take a fair bet that there will be more illegals covered that actually citizens. (who will take the freebies).

I WILL NOT PAY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS TO GET HEALTH CARE!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

numbers usa has a banner circulating around the web, plus callers are blasting talk radio about it. but not much else
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

It's because illegals are not mentioned anywhere in the Bill.

But it's open ended so they can let them in.

People are trying to get them to say specifically, NO ILLEGAL'S, but they refuse.
    People are so stupid and uninformed, it's sad.
    This is a President voted in by Gays, Hollywood, Hispanic's and uninformed young people.
    I specifically left out another group.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

working4change
    I have only seen Numbers and Caps alerting people. Of course our reps can't explain why they voted against the Heller Amendment and instead in favor of the illegal immigrants. They don't answer that question when you write or call them.

http://www.capsweb.org/wrapper.php?wrap ... item_id=19

MW
    Emanon wrote:

Even though it seems common knowledge that he health care bill WILL cover illegal immigrants regardless of the loopholed writings in the bill, I am not hearing AT ALL any mention from raido/tv/print that the obamacare will cover illegals.
    I wouldn't say it's common knowledge that the health care bill will cover illegals. Actually, at this time it is not a foregone conclusion that they will be covered.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Heard Pelosi said they would not be covered, however there is a loophole, something about no funding to verify their eligibility or something like that. Not clear on the details but I have heard talk radio discussing it and they say they would be covered.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Subject came up on Lou Dobbs show yesterday. Here is part of the transcript:

DOBBS: New concerns in the Democratic Party tonight that the health care plan could provide coverage for illegal immigrants. However, part of the Democratic Party is the reason that it would.

A proposed system to verify eligibility was killed by House Democrats. The Heller Amendment. Republican critics saying that that means there would be no way to know whether people applying for health care benefits in this country are here illegally or not.

Lisa Sylvester has our report.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

LISA SYLVESTER, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): Demonstrators at a mayday rally demanding equal rights, including health coverage for the millions of illegal immigrant in the United States.

Opponents say that people who break immigration laws should not be rewarded. Robert Rector of the conservative Heritage Foundation says the House health care bill will do just that.

ROBERT RECTOR, HERITAGE FOUNDATION: What we're doing is creating a new program for low-income people to give them free medical care and giving illegal immigrants free and total access to that system.

It's a huge transformation. It's radically different than anything the country has done in the past.

SYLVESTER: But Democrats strongly disagree. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says the bill does not benefit illegal immigrants.

JOHN KING, CNN CHIEF NATIONAL CORRESPONDENT: If you're in this country illegally, you should be able to get health care?

REP. NANCY PELOSI (D-CA), SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE: No. Illegal immigrants are not covered by this plan.

SYLVESTER: Section 246 of the bill states, "Nothing in this subtitle shall allow federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States.

Seems pretty straightforward. But several GOP lawmakers still insist that the bill will allow illegal immigrants to receive taxpayer-funded benefits. They point to what they call a gaping loophole. No verification or enforcement system.

REP. LAMAR SMITH (R), TEXAS: You can say all day long if you want to no, it doesn't apply to illegal immigrants. But if you don't have any way to screen them out, if anybody who applies is going to get those healthcare benefits, that is going to include illegal immigrants.

SYLVESTER: An amendment was offered that would have enabled stated to use the Welfare Eligibility data base to keep illegal immigrants from qualifying for healthcare benefits. But that amendment was defeated in committee on a party line vote.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

SYLVESTER: And there's another provision in this bill that some Republicans take issue with. It says that if one member of a family is eligible to receive universal health coverage then the entire family is eligible.

Representative Lamar Smith calls that another loophole that he says will permit illegal immigrants to receive taxpayer funded health coverage -- Lou?

DOBBS: All right. Thank you very much. Lisa Sylvester from Washington.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... dt.01.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

working4change
    SYLVESTER: An amendment was offered that would have enabled stated to use the Welfare Eligibility data base to keep illegal immigrants from qualifying for healthcare benefits. But that amendment was defeated in committee on a party line vote.
    I have heard that this amendment was voted down because it also contained wording that would have mandated that Congress utilize gov't healthcare for their own insurance coverage. Guess that confirms that the plan isn't any good or they would lead by example.

April
    Quote Originally Posted by working4change
    I have heard that this amendment was voted down because it also contained wording that would have mandated that Congress utilize gov't healthcare for their own insurance coverage. Guess that confirms that the plan isn't any good or they would lead by example.
    Absolutely Working, that is the most telling part of this whole travesty!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast