Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why Did One of Bush's Key Advisers Resign Today?

Things are getting curioser and curioser!

Today one of Bush's key advisors and member of the original "Texas Team', Dan Bartlett, "resigned" to "spend more time with his family". Bartlett, 36 years old, has worked for Rove and Bush for the past 14 years and was considered to be one of Bush's confidants and most trusted advisors.

Is he leaving a sinking ship...or was he fired? Hmmm!

Now there are only two left from the original Texas Team...Rove and Gonzales. Oops...I forgot about Laura and Barney!

Abandon ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Well from the last article, "I'm President", questioning Bush's sanity, I think people are going to continue ot distance themselves from this President.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=66320

Did'nt many of his security team leave recently too?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Why Did One of Bush's Key Advisers Resign Today?

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    Now there are only two left from the original Texas Team...Rove and Gonzales.
    Rove and Gonzales are already tagets of investigation, I don't know if Bush is protecting them or if they would be better off to quit also. Right now I think all three of them are part of the Axis of Evil, they would probably all sink or swim together.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    AmericanMe wrote:

Bartlett, 36 years old, has worked for Rove and Bush for the past 14 years and was considered to be one of Bush's confidants and most trusted advisors.
    A very good reason to abandon ship if you ask me, since none of the "advice" has been working for Bush!

Today one of Bush's key advisors and member of the original "Texas Team', Dan Bartlett, "resigned" to "spend more time with his family". Bartlett, 36 years old, has worked for Rove and Bush for the past 14 years and was considered to be one of Bush's confidants and most trusted advisors.

Now there are only two left from the original Texas Team...Rove and Gonzales. Oops...I forgot about Laura and Barney!
    Source and link to this information ??

W

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC

Source and link to this information ??

W....
    The story has been the lead story on many cable news programs tonite. I last saw it on the Keith Oberman (MSNBC) program 30 minutes ago.

I haven't checked the internet for the story yet...but I'm sure it's all over the net.

AM

W

I've been hearing the story all day on the regular radio news stations, KABC and KFI in Los Angeles

WASHINGTON, D.C. - June 1, 2007 - Dan Bartlett announced Friday at a White House off-camera briefing that he is leaving the White House staff to join the private sector.

The announcement comes on Bartlett's 36th birthday. He has been an employee of George W. Bush for all of his adult life, rising to the post of counselor to the president, one of the most trusted advisers in the West Wing.
    Bartlett is announcing his resignation at a time when the president is struggling with a Democratic Congress on policy in Iraq, immigration, and climate change. Bartlett has been loyal but says he is heading into the private sector.

President Bush reacted to Bartlett's departure by praising him as a "true counselor to the president."

"Since coming to work for me 14 years ago as I prepared to run for governor, Dan has become a husband and a father," said President Bush in a statement released by the White House. "I understand his decision to make his young family his priority. His most important job is to be a loving husband and father of three young sons. We wish him all the best."

At a press conference announcing his exit, Bartlett spoke about his decision saying the Bush family prevailed on him many times to stay, but "It was high time for the Bartlett family to prevail."

Bartlett said that one of moments that "crystallized" his decision for him was the last vacation his family took, where he had to drag along with him a White House Communications Agency unit for secure video-teleconferencing in case he was needed. Describing communications in the 24-hour news cycle, Bartlett said, "You are never able to turn it off." His wife, he says, wakes up to the sound of tapping on a Blackberry.

Bartlett noted that there are 600 days left in President Bush's term, and while there is never a good time to leave, he said, "you've just gotta to it."

When asked if his decision to leave is akin to deserting the Titanic, Bartlett forcefully scoffed at the notion, saying that he has been with the administration through many tough moments, and that he relishes the fight.

"It has been an honor to be at the president's side," he said.

Bartlett, the father of three-year-old twins, Jake and Sutton, as well as four-month-old Whit, also told ABC News that when he and his wife Allyson were unable to decide what to name Whit before he was born, his wife suggested "Exit Strategy."

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...ics&id=5358196

Bartlett's resignation "is a problem for George Bush, who needs strong and politically savvy advisers to crawl through the next year and a half of his term as president," said Tobe Bercovitz, a veteran political communications consultant and interim dean of Boston University's College of Communication. "Compounding the problem is the lack of first-rate political gurus who want to have their reputations tarnished by being part of the Bush White House."
    For full article..........
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... eheadlines

I was reading the article and particularly liked the line I bolderized!!!! Makes you laugh out loud.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast