Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why the gay marriage battle is going to prevent an amnesty.â

Gay marriage is becoming the social fight of the nation. Social fights tend to divide a nation and Obama has plenty of problems (economy, two wars, health care, jobs) to handle a social issue such as gay marriage. He will be draged into this fight by the far left and it will become a mayor drag on his presidency. Obama might be brave enough to take on a social issue such as gay marriage but it will be damn impossible to take on the amnesty issue as well.

Conservatives will labble Obama as a far left liberal if he bends over to the gays and lesbians. Obama and his team will surely advice him not to take on the immigration issue since its very unpopular to give illegals drivers' licenses, benefits and amnesty.

I don't know if your premise is correct or not, but they are already marching in protest of Prop 8 in West Hollywood tonight--less than 24 hours after the results of the election. At least 3 lawsuits were filed today as well, all challenging the outcome/applicability of the proposition. At least in the short term it looks to be messy.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=6491531

WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (CNS) -- The Los Angeles Police Department declared a tactical alert Wednesday night in an attempt to handle opponents of Proposition 8, who marched from West Hollywood to Hollywood to protest the passage of the initiative defining marriage as between one man and one woman.
    Protestors marched together on streets in West Hollywood and Hollywood. Several protesters stopped at Hollywood Boulevard and Highland Avenue, blocking traffic in the busy intersection, according to video footage.
    An additional group of about 500 protesters gathered in the 6400 block of Sunset Boulevard, near the Los Angeles Bureau of CNN, prompting the LAPD to declare a tactical alert because of the need for additional officers, some of whom were brought in from other stations, Officer Jason Lee of the LAPD Media Relations Section said.
    A few people were detained, but "the overall indication is that the demonstrators and marchers are peaceful," Lee said.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

social chaos about gay marriage will force Obama to side step the immigration issue and skip granting amnesty for illegal aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by LawEnforcer
    social chaos about gay marriage will force Obama to side step the immigration issue and skip granting amnesty for illegal aliens.
    No it won't. Illegal aliens and their supporters (La Raza and The Corporate Elite addicted to "free range slaves") are his base. He is "in" now and these people are expecting him to follow through with promised favors for financial backing from that base, with cabinet appointments and other privileges such as amnesty and a pathway paved in gold and freebies for citizenship for all who broke our laws to get here, committed fraud to stay here and stole ID's from American citizens to earn a living here.

This President elect is the face of the future. A country full of outsiders who don't believe in the rule of law and put into a position of power, will bend those rules for all who agree with their sinister, un-American values and agendas.

Trying to soothe yourself by lying to yourself that Obama will forget about the "Mexican flag waving, illegal alien, "Si se Puede Crowd" is useless. Remember? They gave lazy American citizens a warning in 2006, "Today they march, yesterday they voted and as of this moment, we are a Mexican territory, because Obama will allow more meddling and illegal interference from the Mexican government into OUR affairs than what already has been allowed by the Bush administration. Remember, Obama said your kids NEED to learn to speak SPANISH! 72 "Mexican Consulates" stretched across the breadth of this nation, into Alaska AND HAWAII? No..... those are Mexican government OUTPOSTS put into place for the service of the illegal Mexican population that unlawfully invaded this nation with encouragement of the Mexican government, occupied it and is colonizing this country right under your clueless nose!!! Too many lazy, arrogant American citizens have been standing in a corner, twirling their hair, sucking their thumbs in the headlights of this oncoming train, instead of making plans to stop it! HOPING that the Feds will wake up and stop illegal immigration is a lesson in futility. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN! The only thing that will stop this is Americans themselves!
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

If the far left wackos and Democratic bozos want to pick a fight with the American people over these issues then bring it on! Reminds me of the schoolyard bully who constantly picks on the friendly kid on the playground. The friendly kid tolerates this for a while but reaches a point where he has decided, enough is enough and tears into the bully with the ferocity of a cornered tiger. I don't think that I'm the only one who feels this way.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Why can't these gays just be happy with a civil union that affords them the same rights as married straight couples???? Why Why Why do they continue to push thier perverted agenda on heteros?

They are going to keep pushing for this (even tho we keep voting it down) until they get thier way like a bunch of petulent children! I hope they have a LONG fight on thier hands. I have to keep telling myself "Love the person, hate the sin."

Truth be told, if I had to choose between the two-I'd rather give "marriage" to a bunch of gays than amnesty to a bunch of IA's.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Truth be told, if I had to choose between the two-I'd rather give "marriage" to a bunch of gays than amnesty to a bunch of IA's.
    Notice in CA Obama won by a large margin but gay marriage failed. That means millions who voted for Obama opposed gay marriage, and I bet the majority who voted this way were non-whites. So much for the Dems liberal coalition helping each other.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Notice in CA Obama won by a large margin but gay marriage failed. That means millions who voted for Obama opposed gay marriage, and I bet the majority who voted this way were non-whites. So much for the Dems liberal coalition helping each other.
    As a matter of fact, a lot who voted against it were non whites. 70% of blacks voted for Prop 8 I heard on the radio yesterday.

Just think about how many illegals could benefit by marring their citizen friend for a while to get their citizenship!!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Re: Why the gay marriage battle is going to prevent an amnes

Quote Originally Posted by LawEnforcer
    Gay marriage is becoming the social fight of the nation. Social fights tend to divide a nation and Obama has plenty of problems (economy, two wars, health care, jobs) to handle a social issue such as gay marriage. He will be draged into this fight by the far left and it will become a mayor drag on his presidency. Obama might be brave enough to take on a social issue such as gay marriage but it will be damn impossible to take on the amnesty issue as well.

Conservatives will labble Obama as a far left liberal if he bends over to the gays and lesbians. Obama and his team will surely advice him not to take on the immigration issue since its very unpopular to give illegals drivers' licenses, benefits and amnesty.
    Interesting analysis. Clinton's "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy definitely didn't help his first term because it wasn't good enough for the libs (they wanted gays to have the right to wear assless chaps in foxholes) and most conservatives didn't like it either (for different reasons). However, Barry has already said that he opposes gay marriage and his core constituency, black voters, really have a problem with Adam and Steve tying the knot.

I think you'll be surprised how hard the dems will try to push amnesty during Barry's first term. Hispanics (half of them are illegals) are now the largest minority and overwhelmingly vote Democrat. Since the Dems will never be able to win the war of ideas, they have to win the war of demographics if they want to remain in power so that means amnesty will be a high priority. My prediction is that the dems will come up with a new amnesty package that will be the same as the last one except illegals who are gainfully employed and don't have a rap sheet will be the only ones who will qualify for amnesty. That proposal might just be palatable enough for all of the RINO's to jump on board. Boosh and McAmnesty tried their best to put the GOP in the wilderness and Barry will surely attempt to finish the job.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast