Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why Help Them? says a LEGAL Immigrant

Wilmington Star-news April 24, 2005
    Why Help Them?

EDITOR: I cannot believe your April 16 editorial "We need their brains." Where are you going to stop in your agenda? I happened to have been a legal immigrant to this country and have been a proud American citizen since 1992.

I resent my tax dollars going to any illegal immigrant, whatever their nationality of origin. There are plenty of young American citizens who deserve any help they can get.

I am also a supporter of U.S. English. I lived for eight years in Canada and know how divisive language can be in a country. The same can be said about Belgium.

… Anybody who comes to this country should learn the language, period. As a matter of fact English is one of the easiest language to learn, that is why it has become the almost universal language of the world.

Christiane Jackson
    Wilmington

Christiane Jackson--welcome to the ALIPAC mission!! Those who want to stop illegal immigration want to do so for everyone who is here legally as of this date. Welcome to the United States and thank you for showing the Wilmington Star how all American Citizens feel about this issue, regardless of country of origin, nationality, or ethnic group!

Here's my By-Line in case you haven't seen it yet.

What's afoot will never happen here. We'll stop it. But it's going to take alot of work and alot of committed voices, e-mails, letters, phone calls, but we'll get it done, because:

This is the United States.

We are the Americans.

We not only decide what happens here.

We CONTROL what happens here!!

Again, welcome to the mission and thanks for standing up for all American citizens including all who have migrated legally to the United States.

Judy
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

A decent if not very good command of English should be in order before you can even apply for a VISA should be in order.I've read of people in Korea that actually have surgery on their tongues to 'eliminate' what they see as a problem accent if coming to the US and trying to make it.Now that's dedication.Just imagine how the ones that have the surgery and don't make it feel.