Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My lengthy narrative above was intended to come up with some sort of solution to the problem we face. Like it or not, and it is apparent most do not, we have huge numbers of people in this country who arrived here illegally. However, if you think it is even feasible to round them all up and ship them back to their native countries, then you really do need to stop and take a reality check. If this is the attitude that comes to the table when it is time to actually SOLVE the problem, not just bitch about it, then there is no solution and we may as well start a new exodus.
    It is not that hard. Look at the common activities that can be used to identify illegals and deal with them.
    • Voting.
      Mandate proof of citizenship to vote. Failure to provide verified documentation of citizenship means immedate one way ticket out of the Country.
      [/*:m:2g4i61sh]
    • Driver's Liscense
      You already have the computers and Government databases connections needed to verify legal citizenship or legal visa status. Failure to verify means immediate deportation. For visa holders, experation date = DL experation date.
    • Traffic stop
      You already do a check for "wants and warrents". It is not hard to do a status verification step at the same time.
    • Hospitals
      Treat illegals as they do now. However, while under Hospital care validate citizenship status. If illegal, turn over to Feds along with sending a Bill for treatment to MX Government. If MX gov. fails to pay, sue in international court.
    • Schools
      Proof of Citizenship or legal visa status on enrolment that is verified. Failure to prove = deportation.
    • Social Services
      Medicaid, Welfare, Public Aid, Aid to Dependant Children, and all other social services that our taxes pay for. Failure to prove citizenship means immediate deportation.
    • Prisons
      Illegals in Prison are deported. MX government billed for all costs associated with arrest, trial, and jail time. If MX government fails to pay, sue in international court.[/*:m:2g4i61sh]

That is a start. Those deported are refused re-entry for any reason. For transportation of the vast number of illegals found through the above, cattle cars would work just fine. It is most likely better than the accomidations they used getting here.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin

rarius, excuse me but I didn't consider those as solutions, but extenuations and exacerbations of the problem. You're advocating amnesty for millions. Which would attract MORE millions..forget it. I don't think I'm the one that's out of contact with reality.

Did you realize that if we could but just get the laws on the books ENFORCED that most illegals would self deport? They'd have to. No work, no government or state freebies, no welcome mat...we wouldn't have to round them up, as you say.

Yes, there would most likely be some still hiding out with relatives, etc..but it wouldn't be in the millions as it is today.

This subject is such a hot button issue that soon states will be making laws that put some teeth into illegal immigration, not waiting for the federal government to do the nothing that it's been doing for three decades. Illegal immigration is costing my state 4.7 Billion per year..it would cost much less than that to enforce the law.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Driver's Liscense
    You already have the computers and Government databases connections needed to verify legal citizenship or legal visa status. Failure to verify means immediate deportation. For visa holders, experation date = DL experation date.
    there are far too many legal citizens that work for the DMV that have a price or illegal relative or friend for this to work.Besides,their counterfeiting is all state of the art and cops and such never know the difference.
    As for the traffic stops-it's already been tried and failed throughout California.It failed because of protests from Latino groups and ACLU type groups.
    Everything unfortunately has a price.You can get rich as a civil servant that helps these people.Walking a load of heroin or coke or crank weighing less than 1lb with bring the courier $400 a trip.There are thousands of people who cross the border and back every day.Many Americans do this.Capitalism is great but it can tear you up too.When our country can truly show we don't need them as well as not want them maybe things will change.

However, if you think it is even feasible to round them all up and ship them back to their native countries, then you really do need to stop and take a reality check. If this is the attitude that comes to the table when it is time to actually SOLVE the problem, not just bitch about it, then there is no solution and we may as well start a new exodus.
    Rarius, amnesty is amnesty and illegal is illegal.

There are legal means whereby people can enter this country. The people who are deported can quickly be replaced by legal entrants in about the blink of any eye if that becomes necessary. However, I believe that the jobs vacated by the hoardes of illegal workers should first be offered to the Americans that were displaced because of them. Then and only then, should the remainder of the jobs be offered to legal "guest workers" who will go home after a pre-determined length of time.

Obviously, we can't stick 20 million people on busses headed south in a mass exodous. For one thing, Mexico wouldn't take them back en masse. But we can certainly round up a few hundred at a time and get them out of here. In the meantime if we cut off all aid to those who are already here and just ignore them as if they didn't exist at all, we could send the message that they aren't welcome and encourage them to quit inviting their relatives to sneak across the border to join them. If we fine the daylights out of the people who give them jobs, and that means even the people who hire household help illegally, there won't be any jobs for them to come to.

I don't know where you live, Rarius, but it really sucks to live in a border town where American rights are trampled constantly in favor of illegal aliens. It's exasperating to know you just paid over a hundred bucks to register your vehicle while the guy across the road who has lived there over a year has Mexican license plates on the car he drives home from work every day. You sometimes go check the latest map to make sure you still live in the USA.

Solving the problem involves enforcing exisiting laws as well as enacting new laws to prevent the problem from re-occurring. It doesn't mean that American citizens should have to cave in and give amnesty to yet other millions who broke the law to come here or hold our our arms to receive still more. We did this amnesty thing twice now. All it produced was more illegal immigrants who are sitting around waiting for the next amnesty. No thanks.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234