Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why Illegals Are Winning

It's all about dedication to their cause...I just did a Google search for anti-immigration groups for the State of New York...on the top of the list was not people OPPOSING immigration, but a pro-immigrants right group here in New York. Below I have pasted a part of their web site...take a look at what all they have going on, how organized and active they are. They have a FIST full of WORKING GROUPS that are meeting on regular basis to map out and implement strategies...we have message boards.

http://www.thenyic.org/content.asp?sid=8

NYIC Task Force List

Get Involved!! There are many ways that members of The New York Immigration Coalition can join together to push for changes that better the lives of immigrant and refugee families. Please consider joining a task force or getting more involved to help move our collective agenda forward.

Quarterly Forums is designed to hold quarterly forums with prominent speakers to address key issues and challenges facing the immigrant community. Forums may address big-picture, economic or political analysis; other sessions may focus on narrower issues but present in-depth information and analysis. For more information, call Chung-Wha Hong at ext. 228

Legalization Strategy Working Group brings together immigrant groups from across the state to coordinate local and national legalization efforts and to develop a New York State campaign for comprehensive immigration reform. Through regular monthly meetings, organizations share information, develop advocacy strategies and get involved in legalization campaign activities. For more information, contact Avideh Moussavian at ext. 244.

Post 9/11 Civil Rights and Civil Liberties Working Group is a wide range of community, advocacy and legal organizations that meet regularly to develop and implement an integrated advocacy response to increased anti-immigrant measures at the federal, state and local levels in the wake of the 9/11 attacks. For more information, contact Avideh Moussavian at ext. 244.

Driver’s Licenses Working Group meets regularly to discuss state driver’s license policies and to fight for expanded access to driver’s licenses and non-driver ID for all immigrant New Yorkers. For more information, contact Avideh Moussavian at ext. 244.

Immigrant and ELL Education Reform Task Force consists of immigrant, education and legal advocacy organizations that meet regularly to coordinate advocacy and exchange information around issues affecting English Language Learners and immigrant students. To get involved, please contact Jose Davila at ext. 241.

DREAM Act Task Force was formed to advocate for legislation that would enable eligible undocumented students to obtain legal status and also ensure that undocumented students are not charged higher tuition rates when attending college. For more information or to join, email Minerva Moya at mmoya@thenyic.org.

Immigrant Opportunities Initiative Task Force works to preserve and expand government funding for English-as-Second-Languages classes, immigration legal services and worker legal services run by community-based organizations. For more information, email Minerva Moya at mmoya@thenyic.org.

Labor Law Enforcement Working Group brings together local organizing groups, lawyers and advocates to promote ways to strengthen labor law enforcement and to address other low-wage immigrant workers issues in New York State. For more information, contact Avideh Moussavian at ext. 244.

Naturalization Test Working Group is made up of ESOL, civics, adult language educators and community groups that meet as needed to monitor the ongoing re-design of the naturalization exam and to ensure that the changes do not result in a more difficult citizenship process. For more information, contact Julie Dinerstein at ext. 226.

Legal Services Task Force is made up of NYIC member organizations that have attorneys or accredited representatives on- staff. Members of the task force are invited to set agendas and meet regularly with the supervisory staff of the New York DHS District Office and the New York and New Jersey Asylum Offices. Task Force members are kept apprised of major changes in law and advocacy opportunities. To participate in the task force, contact Julie Dinnerstein at ext. 226.

Immigrant Concerns Training Institute offers in-depth training on a variety of immigration, public benefits and other issues affecting immigrant communities. For more information or a copy of the training calendar, call Alex Guerrero at ext. 227.
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Google has been know to lean way left. They wouldn't allow some ads that promoted an organization that supported the troops.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

yeah well

A lot of these groups seem to be getting funding left, right and center from OUR taxpayers. They are fighting us using OUR own money!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Try Googling anti "illegal immigration" or "stop illegal immigration". Anti immigrant is a open borders key word, as is migrant, undocumented and foreign national.Check out the links on ALIPAC. They are not winning they are running scared. Protesting in great numbers waving foreign flags only helps our cause. We don't just have message boards have you called your Senator or congressman lately?William and a very large group of leaders from other organizations met it D.C. not too long ago. The Minutemen are going back down to the border next month. D.A. King's group in Georgia and are quite vocal about their efforts and has appeared on CNN. Our elected officials get very nervous when the silent majority starts getting loud on a particular issue especially during an election year. They do return home often and not only do they see what is going on in their neighborhoods, they get an ear full from their constituants.
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Virginia:

In the last two days alone, I have made around 30 calls to elected officials, and additionally sent a letter out to every person running for national office in my area of the nation...interestingly enough, NONE of those canidates (some such as Hilliary already in office) so far has bothered to answer my questions on their own positions on illegal aliens, Amnesty and a Guest Worker program...literally, everyone of them is MOOT on those issues, refusing to go on record either way.

I know about the Minutemen's efforst, know they are soon to be back on the borders again...BUT, it's not enough, and we are not making enough noise.

If this whole situation were a horse race, Washington is rounding the last turn and getting ready to HEAD DOWN THE HOME STRETCH, and right now our side is a VERY DARK HORSE that is going to have to come on AWFULLY STRONG in the last few furloughs if we are going to win this thing.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Virginiamama
    Try Googling anti "illegal immigration" or "stop illegal immigration". Anti immigrant is a open borders key word, as is migrant, undocumented and foreign national.Check out the links on ALIPAC. They are not winning they are running scared. Protesting in great numbers waving foreign flags only helps our cause. We don't just have message boards have you called your Senator or congressman lately?William and a very large group of leaders from other organizations met it D.C. not too long ago. The Minutemen are going back down to the border next month. D.A. King's group in Georgia and are quite vocal about their efforts and has appeared on CNN. Our elected officials get very nervous when the silent majority starts getting loud on a particular issue especially during an election year. They do return home often and not only do they see what is going on in their neighborhoods, they get an ear full from their constituants.
    When I first started coming to this site back in february 05, I noticed there were ALOT of anti-immigration sites. I happened to find this website and liked it because of its set-up.
    I have also noticed that 'illegal immigrant' and 'illegal alien' have been replaced 'migrant' and 'undocumented immigrant'. And now illegals have a new term 'without status'. So its hard to google anti-illegal immigration now because there are hardly any articles that mention this term. But I will always call them illegal aliens.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Pinto Bean,

They cannot and will not wear us down that is their intention. The original Patriots of this great Nation probably felt like they were treading water at times but the pushed forward and that is what we must do. It is a battle of wills. Behind every person that is vocal about this issue like the individuals on this board and many others there are thousands of people that stand behind them. We will win. PERIOD. We are Americans. We did not become the strongest country in the world because we are weak minded. Don't despair They can organize and chant all they want we still have a say around around here and honestly do you think they have ever experience a ticked off American we are force to be reckoned with.

Vmama

P.S. Check the polls on illegal immigration it will make you feel a whole lot better
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

You said it, Vmama. We are a force to be reckoned with. Some of them just have a short memory up in Washington. What do you expect, they don't believe in retirement up there.

I'm beginning to think Ted Kennedy is really a cat with 9 lives.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Why Illegals Are Winning

Quote Originally Posted by PintoBean
    It's all about dedication to their cause...I just did a Google search for anti-immigration groups for the State of New York...on the top of the list was not people OPPOSING immigration, but a pro-immigrants right group here in New York. Below I have pasted a part of their web site...take a look at what all they have going on, how organized and active they are. They have a FIST full of WORKING GROUPS that are meeting on regular basis to map out and implement strategies...we have message boards.
    Pinto,

One of the things that I first liked about this site is the message boards. We have people posting news articles of local stories dealing with illegal immigration that never would have made it to the national media. At the same time we have thousands of people from all across the country reading these articles. So if anything else, we are spreading the word about a problem that some people may not even see yet.

We are also a national group so having personal face to face group meetings is not possible or practical. Check out the Web Links pages. There are links to more localized groups around the country. We actually have several people who are also members of these groups. Things are not that bad and I don't believe the illegals are really winning. They just have people backing them more with money for fancy web sites and newspaper ads.

You have probably heard about the planned protests for this coming Saturday. I've heard predictions of some very high numbers for LA, over twice the number they had in Chicago. I feel that seeing groups that large will be more of an eye opener for the general public. People will start remembering what recently happened in France. Doing the same thing that most of us did, start searching the web for information and coming across sites like ours!

By the way, I just checked the forecast for LA for Sat. Only 68 degrees and occasional rain. I hope they don't catch the bird flu!

PintoBean, I often get into that mode where it looks like they are winning around here because they, and the people who bring them and support them, outnumber the Americans.

I know that they talk louder than us and that they wander around in mobs demonstrating but that is because so many are brought up in a "gang member" mode. We, who were taught to stand on our own two feet, not look for handouts or expect someone else to feed us, clothe us, educate our kids and house us for a lifetime are stronger for taking care of ourselves.

When Americans band together, things happen. We are doing that. If we hadn't, a guest worker bill would have been crammed down our throats long ago.

I think that living in a city full of liberals where a fair percentage of illegal aliens have been allowed to roam free for a good number of years has skewed your view of the country. I feel isolated here, where I'm outnumbered 7 to 1 by people who speak Spanish!

Don't lose heart. We are going to fight together and we are going to win. There are still a whole lot more of us than there are of them. K?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast