Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why is Prince Charles Really in America?

Prince Charles is here to convience us to embrace Islam. Why else would he bother to come? No one in particular cares whether he pays us a visit or not. These are a few excerpts of the article. To read the entire piece, please go to:

http://www.faithfreedom.org/oped/sina51103.htm

Charles has made several strong and disturbing public statements endorsing Islam “as the solution to the spiritual and cultural ills of Britain and the West�. When Ayatollah Khomeini issued the fatwa against Salman Rushdie for lampooning Muhammad in his novel Satanic Verses, rather than defend Rushdie's right to free speech, Charles reacted to the death decree by reflecting on the positive features that Islam has to offer the spiritually empty lives of his countrymen.

His views on Islamic terrorism are similar to those expressed by the apologists of Islam. He believes that Islam has been hijacked by the extremists. In a major address on Islam on October 27, 1993, at the Sheldonian Theatre at Oxford where he is a vice patron of the Centre for Islamic Studies, Charles declared:

“Our judgment of Islam has been grossly distorted by taking the extremes to the norm. . . . For example, people in this country frequently argue that the Sharia law of the Islamic world is cruel, barbaric and unjust. Our newspapers, above all, love to peddle those unthinking prejudices. The truth is, of course, different and always more complex. My own understanding is that extremes, like the cutting off of hands, are rarely practiced. The guiding principle and spirit of Islamic law, taken straight from the Qur'an, should be those of equity and compassion.�

These are the words of an apologist of Islam. They are of course absurd. The Sharia calls for cutting the hands of thieves. If Muslims rarely practice this law it is a credit to them. It shows they are more humane than their prophet. But Charles is defending ISLAM. He is claiming that the guiding principle and spirit of Islamic law is taken straight from the Quran. Cutting the hands is a clear mandate of the Quran. What spirit of the Quran is Charles advocating when he brushes under the carpet its clear mandate? Which part of the Quran teaches equity and compassion? No one expects kings to be intellectuals, but shouldn’t they be minimally intelligent?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

In Saudia Arabia, if you steal, 3 local judges hear your trial almost on the spot of being caught and if they believe you did it with witnesses, evidence etc., they cut off your hand. It is not an option. That is why they have very little theft in Saudia Arabia.

"Embrace Islam"? Why "embrace" any religion? Religion is a personal choice and while I am very religious I do not want my government or any of our Allies telling anyone to "embrace" one religion pr another.

What was he thinking making such statements?

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I really wonder when this philosophy or trying to cram ANY religion down ANYONE'S throat started?? It seems like we are bombarded from all sides with religious propaganda IN OUR GOVERNMENT. In fact, whether the separation of Church and State was in the Constitution or not, it needed to be. I guess our founding Fathers never dreamed that the country would disintegrate into a theocracy. But, hearing our representatives speak and seeing some of the outrageous things they've done i.e. the Terri Schiavo case and some other equally invasive acts, it sure makes us LOOK like one.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

There is a faction in the GOP that I believe has this theocracy as their key mission. I've named them the Moralists. They want their morals based upon their religious beliefs and their behavior based upon their religious beliefs IMPOSED through Government upon the People.

For those of us who are Christians already know that as God's Children we are all Sinners in God's Eyes. No one fully complies with their own church doctrine...and I'm positive the Moralists don't either....so isn't it ironic that they, Sinners themselves, Christians they claim to be...forget the scripture and the words of Jesus:

Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged...as they try to Legislate Beliefs and Behavior stemmed from their personal religious beliefs, behaviors even they can't abide, and it's just the most hypocritical bunch of fools to ever enter our Political System. And, many of these "religious groups" are using their religious beliefs and organization to aid and abet illegal immigration; using their memberships, money and positions to lobby and influence our political system; and are therefore contributing to the decline of liberty, freedom and justice for all creating a clear path for a Theocracy....just like the "good ole days" millions have fought against now for centuries to improve life for mankind.

Our Founding Fathers were wise.

Separation of Church and State is absolutely essential to a Free Republic.

It is after all the reason ours was founded to begin with.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That is just so true, Judy, that I couldn't have said it better. I am SICK to DEATH of these righteous moralists, to use your term, who forget that one little passage in the Bible--"Judge Not, Lest ye Be Judged". I have known, during my lifetime, MANY of these religious zealots and, if anything, they sin better than most of us! They have this SKEWED belief that they can do whatever they please but, as long as they ask forgiveness, everything is hunky dory. I think it is a DISGRACE to use our CHURCHES as political forums. As the widow of a minister, I KNOW the power a minister has over his congregation and for them to USE that power to influence peoples' political decisions is deplorable.

This country WAS founded so that we could enjoy the FREEDOM of religion. I interpret that to mean that we are ALL entitled to believe however we choose to believe but those MORALISTS just don't see it that way. They only see that their way is the ONLY way and they are THE MOST CONDEMNING BUNCH I've ever dealt with.

I think, if you want to analyze what has ruined this President and his administration, you need to look no further than the RELIGIOUS RIGHT who are making demands on them at every turn. AND, Bush and his cronies are conceding. This is NOT the MAINSTREAM of America. The MAINSTREAM of America RESENTS this dogmatism and arrogance and I have felt all along that they would be the downfall of this administration.

You are right when you say they are using their "religious beliefs to influence illegal immigration". They are using their religious beliefs to influence every aspect of our government from Judges to Supreme Court Justices right on down the line. I personally believe that you need look no further than the Governor's race in Virginia to see a shining example of how MAINSTREAM Americans are taking a stand and fighting to take back their country. They are telling this NEW REPUBLICAN PARTY that it is no longer THEIR PARTY.

This country is NOT a theocracy. YET. But, if we suffer this administration for the next three years, we are sure going to be perilously close to one. It is time for wise and thoughtful, decent, law-abiding citizens to take back our country from these EXTREMISTS. As I've said many times on this forum--extremism is extremism whether it's Muslim, Christian or any other extreme form of a religion.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

While I tend to agree with the "moralist" theory, back to Prince Charles. Did he actually SAY that is why he came here?

I figure he just came on a boondoggle to get away from his Mama for awhile. I bet she's proud of him wanting the world to "embrace" the Moslem religion.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Richard, I didn't hear the statement, but Prince Charles is kind of a "deep thinker", a philospher of sorts...so while the comment made "me Irish skin crawl"...he has an interesting view. For example, I saw him interviewed on 60 Minutes right before the State Visit and he didn't discuss any of this there but did mention that based upon his research, the greatest threat to humanity was Global Warming and the flooding associated with it.

He also talked about his organic food company, his many charities, and his Poundbury development designed so beautifully with all renewable and natural materials, with little winding streets, gardens, cars parked in the back not in the front, window boxes, mixed incomes all living together. It was like a perfect little village of 2500 residents.

I'm not defending his statement, but he thinks deep and some times when you do that, statements come out that you wished you'd never made. Perhaps in a philosophical discussion with other religious philosphers, his comment might have been understood if not accepted...but to make it publicly in America...well....that was just plain dumb.

I feel kind of sorry for the Prince. Everything the man says draws attacks. I really believe he tries to do good for his people and I did see that Sixty Minute segment about the little village. I would like to live there! NEAT. He is kind of strange on some issues but he means well!

Oh, I was so glad I got to see Poundbury. It was adorable. Like a real live dream place. His thinking is that homes and stores should be built to last rather than using all these "throw away" materials. When he first built it, everyone poo pooed it....and now the property values are rising dramatically. So it was a highly successful project. And his organic business is highly successful as well. So he's had alot of good ideas that work, but he has to prove it all the time and is not taken seriously from the outset. And that is shame.

You know--that concept might be a project you could work on here. It really was an amazing little village and I loved the fact that the streets were so narrow and winding that you really couldn't drive but you really didn't NEED to drive because it appeared to be a self-sufficient neighborhood.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast