Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    While I don't have any more concrete answer than anyone else, one thing that makes sense regarding the push to cut down on identity theft is that, if I am correct that a primary impetus for the illegal immigrant situation is the need for more chattel to secure additional federal debt, immigrants who steal the identities of others rather than registering for their own ITINs (which register them as chattel)create problems for the federal government while providing few of the benefits, including the primary desired benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    I agree with Crocket's Ghost. I need better explanation please. Is it possibly due to the size of the company and the competition ratted them out?
    ICE has gone on record as saying the investigation started after a former SWIFT worker who was in ICE custody back in the first couple of months of 06 told them about everything that was going on
    They had some indictments of Swift workers here a while back. They were done way before this raid. This has been an ongoing investigation. The OBL might be capitalizing on the press of the children, etc., but many Americans are quite upset that identity thieves are portrayed as victims. The true victims of this crime surely have some children too? Bush ends up looking like an idiot again to the many people aware of the alien invasion.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Im a tancredo anti-immigrant supporter...what are you talking about...im just speaking the truth...the truth hurts but must be spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    While I don't have any more concrete answer than anyone else, one thing that makes sense regarding the push to cut down on identity theft is that, if I am correct that a primary impetus for the illegal immigrant situation is the need for more chattel to secure additional federal debt, immigrants who steal the identities of others rather than registering for their own ITINs (which register them as chattel)create problems for the federal government while providing few of the benefits, including the primary desired benefit.
    Thanks for reigning in this untrained mind. I believe based on very little evidence it's true.

Two persons on one number would cost the value of one monetized body. That would defeat the purpose. This crap started up in high gear after Hu visited from China? I'm believing on little evidence again.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    MovingForward wrote:

Im a tancredo anti-immigrant supporter...what are you talking about...im just speaking the truth...the truth hurts but must be spoken.
    You could have fooled me. Why didn't you say, we're cutting our own throats vice "you will only cut your own throat." If what you say is true, we're on the same team - so "we" or "our" seems more appropriate than "you" or "you're." Fine, I apologize for misunderstanding your position, but honestly - your positions appears to be a little cloudy to me. Guess it's all in the word usage.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MovingForward
    MF, anything, good or ill, will be spun by the media into a need for "comprehensive reform." That the media is spinning this as they are in no way speaks to the intent of the raids. You are speaking what you believe to be the truth. That's called an opinion, and may or may not be actual truth.

Again, there's plenty of speculation here, but most of it, at least as actually relates to the impetus for the raids themselves, makes little sense. I understand and share the frustration with this administration, but I find it hilarious that *I* am being accused of seeing things in black and white when most posting here refuse to consider any scenario that is outside their own preconcieved notions, particualrly when those notions can in many cases be shown to have at least some logical flaw.

The raids smell fishy to me.

Maybe I'm getting (getting! Hee Hee) a little skeptical with any thing the government does.

I expect the media is going to milk some slant on the story. Or perhaps it is part of a media circus the congress is about to orchestrate.

Quote Originally Posted by StokeyBob
    The raids smell fishy to me.

Maybe I'm getting (getting! Hee Hee) a little skeptical with any thing the government does.

I expect the media is going to milk some slant on the story. Or perhaps it is part of a media circus the congress is about to orchestrate.
    Yeah. That's the thing Bob. The media spin is getting so blatant and desperate that you'd have to be from Mars to buy any of it. The police arrest identity thieves and the media says they were "stormed" and the criminals caught were "victims?" If this whole thing were a movie everyone would turn the channel. Rediculous!

From what I know about ICE, if they get complaints they have to investigate them and go through with it. They have to go to the agent in charge of a district and it goes from there. If there are more than one district involved then they go to that district and the agent incharge notifies his superior which is incharge of an area comprised of several states. It does not always get up to the person at the top in the chain of command.
    It depends who the agent in charge is in an area as to how aggressive they are in nabbing illegals. I know in Miami they are constantly catching people and the only ones you hear about are the ones who were quickly deported due to criminal records or have returned after being deported. If Elvira was in Miami she would have been long gone.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sorry for not elaborating earlier. Unexpected company arrived shortly after I posted and we all know how that goes.....

Wait a minute... You're going to have to explain the premise to me. Is it your contention that Swift was targeted because it's owned by Tom Hicks, who is an acquaintance of Bush? How does that work? If the premise is that Bush and Hicks are cozy, why would one of his holdings be targeted for enforcement? Clarification, please.
    Look at the diabolic beauty of it! Bush is now using the threat of identity theft as yet another reason America must have a guest worker program/amnesty and he has the Swift "raids" to hold up as proof. I am sure you have heard the term "taking one for the team" and Tom Hick$ and Co./Swift (and all big business interests) have little to lose compared to what they stand to gain. Swift has walked away practically blameless because they strictly abided by the governments own Basic Pilot program to verify their workers, and further they can claim that when they tried even stricter methods they were successfully sued. Indeed, on the surface, they appear to have bent over backwards to be a role model employer in terms of hiring practices.

Do I think Bush and Hicks are Cozy? Actually, I prefer the term thick as theives.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast