Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If this soldier, Darwin, is a legal immigrant, then certainly he should get a fast track to citizenship.

If he is an illegal alien, he should face the law and not be allowed in the military in the first place.

What I believe we have a case of here is Rick Sanchez calling a legal immigrant an illegal alien.

Apples and Oranges.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I totally agree. And I agree they shouldn't be here in the first place. I also agree with the fact that this is apples and oranges. I'm not an expert in the military but how do you get in the service if you're an illegal or do you?

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    No, Potts! ILLEGAL ALIENS should never be allowed to join the U.S. Military, nor recruited!!!
    no no i'm talking about the legal immigrant. of course no illegals should join the military. that is crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    If this soldier, Darwin, is a legal immigrant, then certainly he should get a fast track to citizenship.

If he is an illegal alien, he should face the law and not be allowed in the military in the first place.

What I believe we have a case of here is Rick Sanchez calling a legal immigrant an illegal alien.

Apples and Oranges.

W
    It happens all the time William. There are even a few here who forget the difference between Legal immigrants and Illegal Aliens. The other side wants the line to be so smeared that the average person can not see the difference.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Federal Law allows the military to enlist anyone in times of need. Under that law it is legal for them to enlist them. However, they are not currently enlisting illegal aliens. Some illegals do get in with fake documents, which the military is now checking. There was a recruiter court martialed a couple of years ago for recruiting illegals that he knew were illegal. I don't remember if he was found guilty but I do remember that happening.

If the military decided to recruit illegal aliens because of need, they would also have the "path to citizenship" as other legal immigrants.

Point? We don't need the dream act for that, and the dream act was "uniformed services". Another case of smoke & mirrors.

Thanks for clearing some of these issues up. On the other hand if we told all the illegals they had to serve they might just run home. Just joking, even though it isn't funny. Wow Bush really screwed things up and to think I voted for him ouch!

I remember during the Vietnam war there were a lot of immigrants that earned a fast track to being a U.S. citizen by serving in the military. Also don't forget law states that all aliens in the U.S. that are male and between the ages of 18 and 26 are required to register for draft.

I too was watching Rick Sanchez, I watched the video very closely and not once did the military or anyone say anything about illegals. It was obvious what Rick Sanchez was doing so I turned him off and came to my computer.

This has been the case in all wars. My Grandfather came here from Norway in 1926 and went to war for US. He did get his citizenship papers faster this way. He joined the Navy. He came here and landed at Ellis Island the correct way. On the papers on Ellis Island it tells us who came to greet him at the ship, who the sponser was, how his heath was, his hair color and eye color, and also height. It made me so proud to see that ships record. To know he came here legally and to a foreign country, not speaking the language and he served for our country.
    This is the way it should be.

Thank You William for your work.

Paige
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    The Philippine Islands are no longer a US territory like Puerto Rico. It stopped being one after World War 2. Since then Filipinos have to go through the visa process which takes a lot of money and time.
    The Phillipino's could no longer join the military when Aquino won the election from Marcos and expelled the US military (Navy / Marine Corp / Air Force). That is when they lost the ability to join the US military and get citizenship.

Included were Subic Bay / Clark Air Force Base all US Port of calls.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: William was just on Rick Sanchez - Rick Lied to you Will

Quote Originally Posted by loneprotester
    The Philippine Islands are no longer a US territory like Puerto Rico. It stopped being one after World War 2. Since then Filipinos have to go through the visa process which takes a lot of money and time.
    One thing you should know William is many of the Filipinos who fought against the Japanese during WWII were promised US Citizenship by I think Roosevelt (because it was still a US territory at the time), but the government never followed through. The governnment made them go through the normal immigration process like everyone else. Yet now you have all these politicians who want to let illegals serve for a couple of years as a Customs officer and then they get Citizenship? What a travesty and slap to those Filipinos who earned their Citizenship the right way but were not given it within a couple of years as promised.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast