Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I took the turkey out to baste and inspect after 45 minutes and found the neck in the other end and pulled it out
    LOL....knew it had to be in there somewhere! I don't put stuffing in my bird either.....I cook it on the side.....it does cut the cooking time as well. I am terrible with how long to cook things......I'll over cook before I undercook.

4 1/2 to 5 hrs. is what I come with when searching for cook times.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/FactSheets/Let ... /index.asp

It is safe to cook a turkey from the frozen state. The cooking time will take at least 50 percent longer than recommended for a fully thawed turkey. Remember to remove the giblet packages during the cooking time. Remove carefully with tongs or a fork.
    (in case your turkey was not fully thawed)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I took the turkey out to baste and inspect after 45 minutes and found the neck in the other end and pulled it out. The plastic things are still in there but she's cooking without any inserts now

Im not doing stuffing inside the turkey, will prob make some instant when I work on the fixings.

I'm a big fan of rosemary spice on Turkeys

W
    William I'm laughing my butt off. My suggestion is find a woman to help or maybe have a doctor on call.. LOL
    "Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy

William I'm laughing my butt off. My suggestion is find a woman to help or maybe have a doctor on call.. LOL
    LOL.......it's not imprinted in our gene code......I've baked a turkey with the neck in the hole....how else do you think I know thats where they hid it? LOL Trial and error, trial and error and no casualities as yet. LOL

Hey now! I've had some great successes, and no failures (knock on wood) so far with my rapid thawing turkey cooking excursions.

I've just never tackled one this big before. I'm going to shoot for 4.5 hours and then try to get that internal temp up around 180 and I should be good.

W

Hey now! I've had some great successes, and no failures (knock on wood) so far with my rapid thawing turkey cooking excursions.

I've just never tackled one this big before. I'm going to shoot for 4.5 hours and then try to get that internal temp up around 180 and I should be good.

W
    God be with you!!!
    "Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy

To a woman who remembers the 1950s, such as myself, the idea of leaving a man alone to cook a turkey is scary. Good luck to you.

April
    Quote Originally Posted by wmarincic

W
    God be with you!!!

I bet it will be wonderful........most guys I know cook better than me anyway even when they don't know what they're doing. LOL Heck my Dad felt like Chef Boyardee when he mastered boiling hot dogs and never wanted to venture beyond that. It's a challenge to master the Thanksgiving Feast.....kudo's for going for it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast