Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

WND Exclusive: Rush Limbaugh offers to sit down with Obama

WND Exclusive

Rush Limbaugh offers to sit down with Obama

'If it were not for me, the news media would be able to protect him'

Published: 6 hours ago
    Joe Kovacs

Radio host Rush Limbaugh

PALM BEACH, Fla. – In the wake of news reports that President Obama is blaming Rush Limbaugh for the political gridlock in Washington, the radio powerhouse is now offering to sit down with the commander in chief to hold face-to-face discussions.

“In the spirit of doing whatever I can to move things forward in this country,” Limbaugh said Tuesday afternoon, “I would like to make myself available to the president of the United States to sit down and talk with him at a place of his choosing and discuss the problems facing the country, and maybe working together, since I am the opposition, since I am the obstacle, since I am the reason he can’t get things done.”

“I’ll be glad to sit down with him, any time, any place that he wants. Perhaps we can hash this out and come to a … mutual understanding or agreement of how to get things off the dime and to move things forward.”

Audio of Rush Limbaugh’s comments can be heard here:

Video at the Page Link: http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/rush-limb...4r7wQmviUXp.99

On Monday, Obama reportedly met with top-name fundraisers including entertainer Justin Timberlake and his wife, actress Jessica Biel, as well as designer Tommy Hilfiger at the Greenwich Village home of producer Harvey Weinstein.

Obama complained about the lack of progress on his agenda, specifically blaming Limbaugh.

“My thinking was when we beat [Republicans] in 2012 that might break the fever, and it’s not quite broken yet,” Obama said, according to the White House pool report. “I genuinely believe there are Republicans out there who would like to work with us but they’re fearful of their base and they’re concerned about what Rush Limbaugh might say about them. And as a consequence we get the kind of gridlock that makes people cynical about government.”

Actress Jessica Biel and her husband, entertainer Justin Timberlake

“Let me translate this for you,” Limbaugh responded during his top-rated radio program.

“What the president of the United States is really saying is that Republican senators, Republican members of the House of Representatives do not vote the way he wants them to because they’re afraid that I will tell the truth about them. If it were not for me, the news media would be able to protect him.

“In fact, what the president is saying is that these elected Republicans actually do want to help him. They do want to vote with him. They do want to join him in his agenda. But they can’t, since I will actually report what they’re doing, they have to worry that their constituents will hear the truth from me and get mad at them. If I weren’t around, they could for vote for Obama and vote with Obama and the media would cover for them and there would not be any media criticism of them. This is what the president is saying. The president is telling his donors that there are plenty of Republicans that can’t wait to help him move his agenda forward if not for their fear of me.”

Limbaugh also noted, “This is the third olive branch that I have offered in this spirit of cooperation, assistance, and help.”

“You remember, ladies and gentlemen, I even extended an invitation to play golf with President Obama. The invitation was extended via Zev Chafets, the author of the book “An Army of One,” that book about me. Zev Chafets extended the invitation to Obama via David Axelrod. He called Axelrod, and he said, ‘Rush would love to play golf with President Obama and hash things out.’ Axelrod said to Zev Chafets, ‘No. He can go play with himself.’”

http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/rush-limb...ffer-to-obama/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)