Worry not, freeloaders

Not allow illegals into public housing? How mean-spirited, how nativist, how xenophobic, how racist.
Boston Herald
By Howie Carr
Sunday, May 27, 2012

Auntie Zeituni

Uncle Omar and Auntie Zeituni and all the rest of their fellow freeloaders and illegal aliens can relax — I mean, even more than they’ve already been relaxing all these years.

The state is going to do absolutely nothing to disturb their lifelong vacations at the expense of American taxpayers. In the state Senate’s budget deliberations last week, no serious proposal to reform the EBT card program by restricting the freeloaders’ access to cash could garner more than 13 votes.

Thirteen out of 40, and that was the max. Two other motions got eight and 11 votes, respectively. It was a landslide for the loafers.

Of course, the Democrats did propose some reforms of their own. With 20,000 cards a month “lost,” the Department of Transitional Assistance is instructed to begin sending notices to everyone who “loses” more than three cards a year. The non-workers will be sternly informed that the state will “monitor future requests for replacement cards.”

That should put the fear of God in ’em, right?

You’ve heard the stories — excuse me, anecdotes — about illegal aliens in public housing? The Republicans put in an amendment to strike all illegals from the waiting lists, which have 100,000 or more people on them.

Not allow illegals into public housing? How mean-spirited, how nativist, how xenophobic, how racist.

When the Democratic leadership got through with it, here’s how the public-housing amendment read:
“(Anyone) who does not reside in the U.S. under color of law shall not be given priority over or otherwise displace an applicant who has such status.”

In other words, an American. That was the compromise — Americans will not be forced to the back of the waiting list by foreign freeloaders. This is what passes for a taxpayer victory (however temporary) in the State House, although you can be sure that the “immigration advocates” will eventually kill it. What kind of racist nation have we become when an illegal alien can’t cut in line in front of the stupid gringos?

Another source of dozens of anecdotes — illegal aliens on the roads, often drunk, often reckless. Many of them have cars thanks to the RMV’s “X” registration, which enables illegal aliens to register cars without having a license or IDs of any sort. All they need is a certificate of insurance. A Senate amendment would require that anyone registering a car in Massachusetts provide “proof of legal residence.”

How dare they! Gov. Deval Patrick will make short work of this assault on diversity.

In the city of Milford alone, three U.S. citizens have been killed in recent years by “New Americans” driving without licenses. They don’t worry too much about no stinkin’ drunken-driving laws either, right Uncle Omar?
Anyway, the Senate decided to increase the penalties for first-offense driving without a license from $100 to $500 and second offense, from $500 to $1000.

“The only problem,” said state Sen. Bob Hedlund (R-Weymouth), “is that I’m afraid it’s going to hit more American kids than illegals, because so many police departments have stopped writing up illegals because they always just blow off the court dates.”

If I ever get in a jam, I ask for no special favors. Just treat me like an illegal alien, like Uncle Omar or Auntie Zeituni.

source: Worry not, freeloaders - BostonHerald.com