Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Would You Vote For a Democrat Over McCain ?

I'd like to know what people think about this. I realize the obvious answer is "It would depend on WHO the Democrat is ." But many people have indicated that they are really against John McCain for certain reasons.

My personal opinion is that to have John McCain as president is a scarey proposition. I have several reasons why I feel this way, mainly because of the blatant way he goes against the will of the people, and does this in a way that never ceases to amaze me. The other reason is because when we've NEEDED him to take a stand on something, he just sits on the fence trying to be "everybody's friend", as though he wants to keep all of his options opened, such as during the 2004 elections.

Last but not least, I'm sorry to say this and I don't mean to just be disrespectful to an American war hero, but I get the sense that he's like a ticking time bomb. Underneath that easy going demeanor I am concerned could be a person who has been very hungry for"power" and it worries me. I have at least been thankful that GWB has been able to handle ALL the criticism that he has recieved. "Bush bashing" has not brought about any bad consequences to anyone that I know of, and I wonder if that easy going, everybody's friend John McCain would be the same ? Just wondering.

So, would you vote for a DECENT, but not necessarily great Democrat or would you probably vote for John McCain at this point in time.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    I'm a registered Republican that has voted Republican in every presidential election over the last 29 years. I give you my solemn word, should Sen. John McCain receive the presidential nomination in 2008, he will not receive my vote. Should his Democrat opponent favor the legalization of illegal immigrants, he/she will not receive my vote either. Where is Ross Perot when you need him?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

. Where is Ross Perot when you need him?
    We needed him then too. Unfortunatly the Dems and the Reps. make it pretty darn close to impossible for anyone else to have a chance.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'd vote for Tancredo or William.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

John McCain running as a Republican is every Democrat's wet dream. A large chunk of the traditional Republican voters would either not vote or they would vote independent. This would leave the door wide open for a traitor like Hillary to waltz into office. That's just my opinion.

LegalUSCitizen wrote
    ..I am concerned he could be a person who has been very hungry for"power" and it worries me...
    I have that worry about most of them who are pro-illegal. When he told us we couldn't do it, referring to US citizens could not handle working in the fields for just one season, is really stark in contrast to what we are used to hearing..(Americans are the haredest working and the most competitve work force in the world). To me he has an agenda and is trying to convince us that we are no longer capable. That negativism can only be coming from him because he and the others like him will benefit while we, the citizens of the United States continue to struggle. As to whether he can weather the criticism that would come in result of his continuing behavior, especially as President, yes, I don't think he's fit. I have seen him change his tune recently, talking tough on border security, like he's neglected to in the past. To me, he's just another pro-SPP globalist who thinks that combining the US, CA and Mex together is a good way to ward off Al-Quada and compete with the likes of China while willing to give up our soverignty to accomplish that. WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by badthingsman
    John McCain running as a Republican is every Democrat's wet dream. A large chunk of the traditional Republican voters would either not vote or they would vote independent. This would leave the door wide open for a traitor like Hillary to waltz into office. That's just my opinion.
    I agree. The Dems are sitting back and watching the Republicans self-destruct. The Republicans should have all gotten on the illegal immigration issue together to protect we citizens but because of a certain elite bunch (like McCain, Specter, Frist, Graham, etc.) they've split the party big time. I am a Republican too, have been for many years but I'm about to switch to Independent. And I'd never ever vote for Hillary but she just may be the next president thanks to some the Republicans.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

For the first time in my life. Party affiliation will have no determination for whom I vote. I consider myself conservative but no longer know what that means when it comes to todays political parties or candidates. Issues will drive my vote and they better walk it like they talk it because unlike past elections I will be watching and watching closely. We can elect them but we can also recall them. It is time we exercise our full rights and responsibilities.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

I'd vote for Charles Manson before I'd vote for McCain. Actually I'd leave that part of the ballot blank.

California or ground zero of the invasion
    If our choices are between Hillary Clinton and John McCain count me out of voting for either. I would rather throw my vote to a third party candidate.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast