Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTG LOU

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by tencz57
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    tencz57 wrote:

MW wrote:
    I was shocked to hear that Lou was a supporter of NAFTA.

i didn't hear that . i'll try and search it out .
    I heard it with my own two ears.

Perhaps we can come up with a transcript later.
    I don't doubt your word one bit . Transcipt would be ok . But i need a clarification from Dobbs on that statement . I hope he doesn't mean as Nafta is now . Or is this a way for him to take pressure off from a Independent run ?
    Lou said he supported NAFTA in the start but that it was exploited and did not have the desired effect.Not excactly his words but that is how I took it.I do not think that he meant that he likes it now.

I think (well hope) that every one here would like to see Mexico and Mexicans doing well but in thier own country.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

MW
    JustOneHero wrote:

Lou said he supported NAFTA in the start but that it was exploited and did not have the desired effect.Not excactly his words but that is how I took it.
    You're right, those weren't his exact words. However, that very well may have been his meaning. I don't know for sure because he wasn't real clear on his current position. Even so, I'm surprised to find out that he supported NAFTA in the beginning. Not shocked, just surprised.

I think (well hope) that every one here would like to see Mexico and Mexicans doing well but in thier own country.
    I have absolutely no problem with a prosperous Mexico and a flourishing people. However, I do have a problem when it happens at our expense.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes, Lou initially supported NAFTA. He thought that the investments in the deal would actually take hold -- those on securing labor and environmental conditions in Mexico. he also thought that if we should enrich anyone (other than ourselves) we should enrich our neighbors. Lou writes about this in his book War on the Middle Class, as well as an extensive critique of NAFTA. Lou is very much opposed to what NAFTA has brought about, and explains that the side agreements within it were never carried out.

I think Lou has come a long way since the early '90s. He used to be a pretty pro-business reporter. His populism has developed over the years because of the war being waged on the middle-class through illegal immigration, outsourcing and other methods. I think it is a good evolution. A Harvard graduate in economics, and an award winner on business reporting is likely to have a pro-big business background. Which is why most economists support globalism. But Lou has LEARNED and grown. Now using his expertise in economics to fight for the little guy. He is a great asset to us.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Yes, Lou initially supported NAFTA. He thought that the investments in the deal would actually take hold -- those on securing labor and environmental conditions in Mexico. he also thought that if we should enrich anyone (other than ourselves) we should enrich our neighbors. Lou writes about this in his book War on the Middle Class, as well as an extensive critique of NAFTA. Lou is very much opposed to what NAFTA has brought about, and explains that the side agreements within it were never carried out.

I think Lou has come a long way since the early '90s. He used to be a pretty pro-business reporter. His populism has developed over the years because of the war being waged on the middle-class through illegal immigration, outsourcing and other methods. I think it is a good evolution. A Harvard graduate in economics, and an award winner on business reporting is likely to have a pro-big business background. Which is why most economists support globalism. But Lou has LEARNED and grown. Now using his expertise in economics to fight for the little guy. He is a great asset to us.
    I couldn't have said it any better

Also, did anyone catch Lars Larson on Dobbs? Just curious. If so, what did you think? I've written Dobbs' program and urged him to bring Lars back because a). I generally like what he has to say (even when I disagree with him - which is fairly rare) and b). he is right inline with our views on illegal immigration and isn't at all afraid to speak up on the issue.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    I couldn't have said it any better
    Thanx, Phred. 'Cause I know you can say it pretty darn well

"I was wrong; Perot, Gephardt, Dorgan, and everyone else who opposed NAFTA were right."

--Lou Dobbs, War on the Middle Class
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Lou

Did a great job last night. Richardson is a complete liar and a typical 2 faced politician.

MW
    "I was wrong; Perot, Gephardt, Dorgan, and everyone else who opposed NAFTA were right."

--Lou Dobbs, War on the Middle Class
    Well, I guess that answers any questions concerning Lou's position on NAFTA. Thanks, BearFlagRepublic.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    I was shocked to hear that Lou was a supporter of NAFTA.
    Don't be. Lou is closer to neocon than to paleocon. His solution to all problems is to make the government bigger.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Lou did say he was for NAFTA. However, you have to remember that he had the same information on it that we did. Its intent was to boost Mexico. What none of us knew was that big business never planned to put their factories down there. They wanted the cheap labor of China. So both us and Mexico got screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Qflash
    Lou did say he was for NAFTA. However, you have to remember that he had the same information on it that we did. Its intent was to boost Mexico. What none of us knew was that big business never planned to put their factories down there. They wanted the cheap labor of China. So both us and Mexico got screwed.
    Moral to the story: Don't trust big business; let alone, allow them undue influence over important governmental matters.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast