Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I FINALLY HAD to let the dogs out so I stuffed my pockets with the gun, the panic remote for the alarm system and the phone and walked up the driveway and got the paper while they were out with me. I kept talking to them saying real LOUDLY, "Don't y'all worry, girls. If anyone tries to hurt us and y'all don't tear them to shreds, I've got this loaded gun and I will blow his brains out"!!! I really don't think the dogs would do anything since they are NOT aggressive breeds but Molly, the basset hound, is older and HAS shown signs of being a little menacing to strangers that come in the yard. Now, whether she would do anything like bite them or not, I don't know. BUT, at least, STRANGERS don't know whether they are vicious or not so MAYBE just hearing two dogs barking their blooming heads off would make them think twice anyway.

I am SERIOUS. I was FRANTIC. I was NEVER SO GLAD TO SEE THAT JUDY was posting because I knew I could count on her to check on me if I didn't post for awhile. I would have HATED to call a neighbor and wake them up at 4 AM on New Years' day!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Bootsie, that is just too bizarre. What is happening to your neighborhood? You need to make contact with the neighbors across the street and just ask them outright...maybe catch the son out in the yard one day and ask him what that woman wanted.

I don't answer my door unless it's delivery or someone I'm expecting or I recognize the car or I can physcially see them through one of the blinds and know who they are.

When I first moved here, there was a stream of people wanting this wanting that and being new, I was nice and friendly. Then one day I went to lunch and when I came back, someone had come through the back door which I'd forgotten to lock and stole some valuable business records.

After that, I don't answer the door for anyone and keep all the doors locked 24/7/365. I carry my keys in my pocket and lock the door behind me when I take out the trash.

People can come with some excuse and be eye-balling your house, you, your set-up...then come back later.

It's no longer safe in America, anywhere. We have too much poverty which will increase robberies and the rapes and murders committed in their course. We have too much illegal immigration with too many people used to taking and using women and who have no connection to us and because they are unknown with no records, the likelihood of them every being caught are slim to none and they know that which makes them bolder and more arrogant and more confident as criminals and thus more active.

Bootsie, this happened for a reason. It was a Wake Up Call for all of US.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I sure agree that this was a wake-up call for us. NO QUESTION.

What I had decided to do was, once my ACROSS the STREET neighbors are up, I wil call them. It's my NEXT DOOR neighbors on one side that I don't speak to BUT they are friendly with the ones across the street and the man WORKS for the man across the street so they will PROBABLY know about the woman. If not, I will ask them to find out. I really SUSPECT that was innocent because the old woman LOOKED frail and, if there was anything sinister going on, I don't think she would have gone on next door after I LOCKED HER OUT! I think she was just SENILE or SURELY she wouldn't have just OPENED A STRANGER'S door with two DOGS right there. The ONLY thing that I found a LITTLE odd, well BESIDES the opening of the DOOR, was that there didn't appear to be anyone else in her van. USUALLY those Jehovah's Witnesses travel in pairs, I think. AND, she DIDN'T have any pamphlets like they usually do either.

I'll let you know what I find out about that one.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

She was not a Jehovah's Witness. We have them here and they were active in my neighborhood in Philly too. They do not travel alone; they always have pamphlets; and they never ever drive a car into your driveway. They park on the street somewhere else and walk down. Same with the Mormons.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Now, they HAVE driven down my driveway because I live on a busy, county road rather than a street BUT I can't remember ever having one ALONE. Like you, I have always had them in at least PAIRS and sometimes 3 have been together. AND, also like you, they have ALWAYS been carrying some type of pamphlets. NO--I don't think that's what she was. Now I HAVE had a couple of visits from members of a small church down the road from me YEARS ago but they were men. I need to pursue this one.

Thank goodness--it is not DAYLIGHT. I don't see any stranded cars on the road. I probably should get the car out and ride up and down the road for a mile or so each way and see if there are any stranded cars. Yep--that's what I'm gonna do!

BACK IN A FEW!

Call the sheriff's department back to see what they came up with. You never know.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

GOOD NEWS! MYSTERY SOLVED!

Boy, do I EVER feel better. I got the car out and chose one direction to check first and, sure enough, RIGHT BEYOND the curve in the road was a stranded truck on the side of the road. The weirdest thing was that it had a KAYAK in the back! Now, who in the HELL is gonna be KAYAKING at FOUR AM On New Years' Day?? Anyway, I got the make of the truck, the color and the license number but I think it FORTUNATELY was harmless. Maybe the Deputy found him and gave him a ride to somewhere.

WHEW! WHAT A RELIEF. THANKS to all of you who walked me through my TRAUMA!! Thanks to you, Judy, for being on STANDBY for me. Now, if I can solve the mystery of the woman who opened my door, I'll feel a little safer!

Okay, that's sounds promising but it is not yet conclusive. Call the Sheriff's Department and see if that was the case. Could be he was wanted, they found him and arrested him which is why the vehicle is still there waiting to be towed to IMPOUND. Second, he may have taken off on foot and dropped the vehicle and could be hiding in the woods somehwere waiting to come out and pick up his vehicle after everything calms down. He would have assumed you called the police and they would be coming. Third, maybe he used the Kayak to cross the Rio Grande; bought a truck; went back for his Kayak and keeps it when he hides out in the Wilderness. Fourth, this could be someone else's vehicle and not have anything to do with the man who knocked on your door. Fifth, he could be sleeping in the vehicle right now underneath the Kayak. Sixth, a multitude of other possibilities exist.

Follow through. Call the Sheriff's Department to check out the vehicle and ask them to get back to you.

You may be right, but there are still "open" other possibilities.

THANKS A LOT! I WAS gonna be able to SLEEP TONIGHT!!!

Can't you just PICTURE someone KAYAKING ACROSS THE RIO GRANDE?? I guess stranger things have happened.

I will call the Sheriff's Dept. but I BET they didn't even write up a report! And, if I don't get the same person, they probably won't even know what I'm talking about. I remember calling long time ago about SOMETHING and I didn't file a report--just ALERTED them to some situation. I called back later and they didn't have a CLUE what I was talking about. Maybe they only write a call up IF you actually have it investigated. I'll try to keep my eye on the truck and see if he comes CRAWLING OUT OF THE WOODS and SNEAKS OFF IN IT!! THAT is, IF he doesn't waylay me before I can get all of the EQUIPMENT out of my POCKETS!!!

THANKS, GANG and JUDY, for protecting me!

I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through that, Bootsie. Many of us have had that feeling where your heart is in your throat. It's terrible.

You probably might feel uncomfortable for a while at night. Why don't you have your son add a lock or two, it might give you a good feeling to know that you've made your home even more secure.

You are certainly brave to have gone out in the car. More brave than me. I also would have told the Sheriff to send as many officers over as he could.

Happy New Year, Bootsie, glad you're alright !!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast