Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: You ARE NOT going to BELIEVE what just HAPPENED TO ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    I am in SHOCK. I am SHAKING. I was in my sunroom posting away. It is FOUR AM and someone knocked on my DOOR. The dogs started barking and I went to the door thinking MAYBE it was one of my kids. Of course, my lights were on and I had inadvertanly left on my walkway light when I let the dogs back in earlier. When I looked out the window part of my door, there was a MAN that I've never laid eyes on and he was HISPANIC. NO LIE. I MOUTHED, "WHAT DO YOU WANT". He said something that I couldn't understand because the dogs were still barking. I TOLD HIM I WAS NOT OPENING MY DOOR. I'm here ALONE and I couldn't see a car anywhere on the road. I set the alarm system, got my gun and walked by the front porch windows HOLDING THE GUN UP IN THE AIR SO, if he was still standing there, he would see it! I just can't BELIEVE this. I have NEVER had anything like this happen. And, the WORST part is that I got out and WALK UP MY DRIVEWAY at this hour MOST MORNINGS TO GET MY PAPER. BOY, I will NEVER do that again.

I'm glade you did not let the terror of this stop you. I had a gut feeling you would get out and resolve the problem rather than sit behind closed doors.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

She's brave, Charles. I'm proud of her too. I hate to admit it, but I would not have been so brave. She's more brave than most.

We do have a toy rifle which my son bought on his field trip to Washington D.C. in the fifth grade. It was an awsome trip for a fifth grader to fly from Fla-DC for three days. He purchased a rifle which was in one of the gift shops. The head of the field trip told me "it" delayed their flight for about 15 minutes while they tried to decide whether or not the toy rifle would be allowed to go on the flight back home!

Anyway, that toy rifle is very real, and I'm at least glad that we have that.
    We have baseball bats too.

I think we need a real gun though.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am glad to hear you are ok, Bootsie. I would have been afraid to open my door for anyone at 4:00am, especially the way things are nowadays. It looks like you have an extended family here at ALIPAC watching over you, thank goodness!
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

I didn't go out in the car until after 7 and it was broad daylight then!!! I really don't feel THAT unsafe. We've never had trouble BEFORE and, since there really was a stranded vehicle, I THINK I will sleep just fine IF JUDY DOESN'T think up ANY MORE WORSE-CASE SCENARIOS!!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Thanks to ALL OF MY FRIENDS AT ALIPAC. I KNEW I could count on y'all.

Legal--a REAL gun would probably work a little better. I'm not gonna wait to see if SHOWING THEM A GUN WOULD SCARE THEM OFF!!! Believe me, if he had started messing with the door, I would have run to one of the other rooms and started shooting at him out of the window!!!

I'm just going to have to remember all of my "equipment" in my pockets from now on. I would probably try to pull a trigger on the phone, dial the alarm remote and push a button on the GUN!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

That makes a big difference that you waited until daylight. Whew. I thought you went out in the dark. You would probably NEVER have done that, nor would most people.

My kids just told me that the name of that toy rifle is a muskit. When I took the kids on vacation alone last summer, I brought it with us.

I don't even know how to start the process of buying a gun. I guess step one would be to go to our local police station and ask them what to do first. Either that or just go to a store that sells them. I would want to be trained on how to use it, and take all the precautions involved in having one.

But, there are times when it would be a good feeling to have one. I hate the idea, but if we ever needed one, I would like to have it. Especially with all these hurricanes. That's a time when I've thought it would be good to have one. Things can seem very uncertain following a bad hurricane, it can make people very vulnerable and communications can ALL be out.

Anyway, Happy New Year, Bootsie. I hope you can relax and feel good today, and as Rebellady said, everyone was very concerned about you.
    Sorry we have a president who doesn't consider yours and everyone elses safety as a priority. Take care, Boots.

All of y'all are just SO GOOD!

I just don't think a hispanic male in his right mind would want to tangle with her.

An illegal alien, a terrorist and the POTUS would be WISE not to tangle with her !!

Can't you just PICTURE someone KAYAKING ACROSS THE RIO GRANDE?? I guess stranger things have happened.
    Yeah! Especially since the Rio Grande usually doesn't have water in it deep enough to even swim in. LOL Most of the time it's dry as a bone.

Bootsie--how awful! I don't know what I'd have done.

I wonder if they guy knocked on your door because he saw your lights on and most people aren't up at that hour.

But the kayak is a mystery. Perhaps it was "borrowed without the owner's permission?"

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast