Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

a young man's perspective on illegal immigration

you know what irks me? people criticizing my generation. im 31 years old, and i am a young American white male. i am not lazier than an illegal. i will work hard jobs to support my wife and kids. i do work a job that doesnt pay my bills, but i do it because we need health insurance. it is not a glamorous job, in fact, i make 9.64 an hour. i am a university graduate, and my job is beneath me, but i still do it everyday. my job is physical labor and its something an illegal could do cheaper. i suppose its just a matter of time before they do.

i have 2 girls. they are beautiful. my oldest is 2 and my youngest is 4 months. ive been married to my wonderful wife for 7 years. she stays home to take care of the kids because we decided to be poor and raise them properly. we are just off a year long stint of living with my mother in law. we recently found a way to make ends meet enough to live on our own again despite my meager paycheck.

now, why do i hate illegal immigration? because it screws my generation in one more way.

people call us "the entitlement generation". they say that we expect something for nothing- which is a lie. i busted my ass to go to school at night for 7 years to get my degree, all while working full time. i have lived in an efficiency apartment with my wife for a period of 4 years during our marriage- in one single room. i am an exemplary employee. im intelligent, im hard working and i am loyal. im everything that my grandparents thought a man should be and i will die before i let our society change that. America used to reward people like me, but those days are long gone. ive had the same job for 10 years now, and my company doesnt see the value of loyalty. they dont offer me a promotion or a different position, they just consider me a perfect candidate for forced retirement in 14 years. ive watched people who spent most of their lives working for my company forced out just before retirement, because that is America now. cheap, dirty and only looking out for the almighty dollar.

it would be easy to put our children into daycare and my wife to get a job so that we could have more money, but that is not the way kids should be raised. kids need a mother's love, not a stranger's love. my 2 year old daughter is far happier than i was at her age, as my mother and father were in the process of divorcing. i would rather die than see my own children brought up by a daycare system. when i was a kid, i didnt want to grow up to be a big money maker, i wanted to be a good father.

society has failed my generation. our leaders have failed us. they made it almost financially impossible to live for young people and a big part of that problem is illegal immigration. when you have 10 illegals living in a single home, they can afford to make the pay they make. the problem is that i cannot afford it. i can't compete with people willing to work for 6 bucks an hour because i have student loans and other obligations to repay. try finding a place to raise your kids on 9.64 an hour! people wonder why Americans arent having any kids. ill tell you why, because we cannot afford them. i refuse to go onto food stamps or welfare just to have a family. we would qualify, but its the principle of it to me. im not going to be a leech.

where i live, most jobs pay close to what i make. the wages have been depressed to the point that they only pay enough to live on if you have both parents working. if they pay more, they dont offer health insurance. i need health insurance for my kids and heaven forbid something happen to me or my wife. so here is my dilemma, do i take a job making 12 bucks an hour and give up health insurance or do i keep the crappy one i have and make do with pathetic pay?

you can say its my fault, but its not. maybe its the state i live in, or maybe its a combination of things, but society is failing people my age. i know im not the only one in this boat because i talk with other people i know and we are all going through the same situation. most of my friends that have kids will not even attempt to raise them because it would mean giving up some luxury. many of the others will not even fathom the idea of having a kid. ive given up just about every luxury i can, save the internet. im a vegetarian, and a big part of that is because its very cheap to live on beans and rice. my whole family is vegetarian, so our food bill is very lean. my check every month pays bills and i have 20-30 bucks left over for goofing around, if im especially frugal. throughout the year, things come up and i put expenses on a credit card. tax time rolls around and thank God for the EIC because i use that money to pay off the things i couldnt afford and had to put on a credit card.

we sacrifice everything we can in order to have 2 little girls of our own. we want more kids, but i dont think we could afford them. i am constantly looking for new work that would pay more, but 90% of the jobs are just like mine. the 10% of jobs that are good jobs are competed for by all the others like me. apparently, i am not lying well enough on my resume because i get no interviews. ive been avoiding a second job because my job is very difficult physically and im exhausted when i come home. i also enjoy seeing my girls for a few hours as that is my one true luxury in life.

if you want to call me lazy, go ahead. when i see those illegals marching and saying that we need them, i just explode inside. they say Americans will not do those jobs and that is a lie. Americans will not do those jobs for 6 bucks an hour, because we cant live on 6 bucks an hour. we would do those jobs if they paid a living wage and had basic health insurance. my health insurance costs me 400 bucks a month and i only clear 1000 a month after taxes. why does it cost so much? so that illegals can get free health care, EBT and all the luxuries of being an American without even being one. do you think they would give my family that helping hand? hell no.

but we are the "entitlement generation"!

ill tell you who the entitlement generation is- the corporations who feel they are entitled to workers willing to work for almost nothing. they are screwing my generation and making it almost impossible for us to live. they refuse to give us benefits because illegals wouldnt need them- they get them for free anyways.

that is why i hate illegal immigration.

Banned
    forks,

Welcome to ALIPAC! As the father of 3 boys, I can relate to what you say. I think most of us here 'feel you'. That is why we fight. The tools we have are limited to those we were given by our founders, the rights to speak, assemble and vote being paramount. This battle is far from over, in fact it's just begun. Senator Sessions proved himself a great ally tonight, and we have many others.

As hard as it is, do not despair. My fight ends with my last breath, for my children's sake. As it is for you. As it is for all of us. Martin Luther King had a dream, and died for it. An Honorable man. We can DO no less, as OUR CAUSE is no less.

Wherever you are, keep calling your elected representatives, local, state and federal. Keep the pressure up, that's the only way we can win. And we NEED to win. For our children.

forks--what an outstanding post. I wish every Congressman would visit our site and read this post.

You speak the truth that I know for an absolute fact.

This is not the entitlement generation and anyone claiming that is a liar and saying it only to insult the American People.

The people calling Americans "lazy" and claiming the jobs illegals are taking are jobs "Americans Won't Do" are liars for the globalists and insulting the American People in the basest rudest manner.

This President, one of those making the false claim that these are jobs "American't Won't Do" should be jailed along with his cohorts in this fraud to mislead America and the World for slander.

I know how hard my parents generation worked; how hard I've worked; and how hard the younger generation like you are working to make ends meet.

Our whole nation is stressed out by this illegal labor competition and it must stop N O W.

We have more people than jobs and that is a recipe for stress; anguish and suffering.

You should be enjoying your life; you should by 31 be on top of the world; be looking down the road to security and comfort and enjoying your family and saving and building nest eggs for your children's college; and be happy.

No one is. Every American I know is stressed out and worried and while looking at their meager savings accounts, their rising costs and their flat salaries; no other jobs and foreign people everywhere...Americans are wondering....what's next? And know in their souls that whatever it is, it's not going to be good and we won't accept it. Then what? Turmoil, conflict, or worse.

This has to end and it is the duty of the US Congress to ensure that this Administration does its job or resigns or faces impeachment and removal.

Americans can not support the whole world.

America can not support Americans and millions of citizens of other countries.

America is in jeopardy because of Traitors who are in cohoots with foreign nationals, foreign interests, foreign businesses, and foreign governments.

And that is collaborating with foreign entities to the detriment of the United States and that is Treason.

Hang in there and know that we know your struggle and that we are proud of all that you did to work and get through college and get married and have children.

For those of us who are older, this battle is not for us. It is for you and your kids and their kids.

We need your age group in this battle with US. So thank you for being part of ALIPAC and sharing your story with us and the viewers of this forum. Tell all your friends how important it is for them to get involved to save our nation.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Forks wrote:
    where i live, most jobs pay close to what i make. the wages have been depressed to the point that they only pay enough to live on if you have both parents working. if they pay more, they dont offer health insurance. i need health insurance for my kids and heaven forbid something happen to me or my wife. so here is my dilemma, do i take a job making 12 bucks an hour and give up health insurance or do i keep the crappy one i have and make do with pathetic pay?
    Forks, I know exactly what you are talking about! I did the same job for 23 years, had worked my way up to over $19.00 an hour which is good pay for the area I live in. Due to illegal immigration, my wages were cut by over $6.00 an hr. Others lost jobs to China and were laid off then replaced with illegals. We were bascially told this: "Either take the pay cut and keep your job or lose it altogether". I reported the company to ICE after they laid me off for weeks at a time and let the illegals work, after we were told that NO ONE would be working. I went to my work place and found the illegals working while the rest of us were laid off and I was furious! BUT, NOTHING has ever happened there, no ICE, no nothing. I turned the company in to www.wehirealiens.com, too. I am now in school, at 41 years old , trying my hand at a nursing career and working part time(as of this week) at a hardware store(no NOT Home Depot ) for $8.00 an hour. It's hard to support a family at the wages you and I earn and I applaude you for not wanting your kids in daycare, I believe that a mother should be at home with them. But, most can't do it, it takes two incomes unless you are willing to give up some things and I see you have chosen to do just that. Having your kids raised by a stay at home mother is a wonderful decision. You hang in there
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

It is for my children and grandchildren that I fear.

Young families are working hard, against a lot of odds.

It angers me to see young working families unable to afford healthcare while they are being forced to provide healthcare for illegal aliens.

If we don't all get together and do something - the policians are going to do nothing but hurt us - the future for our grandchildren will be very dismal.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome, forks. I am in the "entitlement generation" as well, and I feel your pain. As the mother of 2 young boys I worry about what the world will be like in 20 years when they leave college and start looking for employment. It looks grim, my friend, unless we turn things around.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

Bro

You are the Salt of the Earth, and I assure you, you can get a better job than the one you have. Don't give up the one you have, but start looking for another one.
    Where my folks live in CO. the illegals make what you make, and you speak English and this puts you in the position of being their manager.

You say I wouldn't manage them, I don't know where you live, but here it is now solidly a part of life. Changing it will take time, no overnight fix, as much as I would like that. There are plenty of jobs dealing with the legitimate of course.

Keep your head up, you will succeed. cheers glenn

To say that someone speaks English and that makes them the managers of the illegals, is not the case here. Unless you are bilingual.

In fact, because there are so many Spanish speaking people, managerial positions demands someone be bilingual. In some schools in Dallas, a principal must be bilingual - in order to be able to speak to the parents!!!!1

A lot of the recent arrivees are bi-lingual -
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

forks, I applaud you. I'm 28 and am very keenly aware of what you speak. I currently work a job that pays 9 bucks an hour; I'm not a family man, so it's working out all right. Have had no real desire to start one -- which is just as well, because as you so correctly point out, the conditions facing our generation are not favorable toward that goal.

You, sir, are a living refutation of El Presidente's asinine insistence that Americans are at heart a bunch of lazy slobs. So am I, for that matter. My current 50-60 hour-a-week job is a vacation compared to the newspaper-delivery gig I did just a couple of years ago. An ugly, wearying, dirty, demeaning, dangerous, depressing job it was, at low pay and lower respect. George W. Bush, who had everything in life handed to him, could never imagine what it would be like to get up at 2 a.m. to work at physical labor every single day of his life, weekends and holidays, Christmas and Easter, for three years straight. "A job Americans won't do," he would call it, because blue-collar work cannot be reconciled with the silver-spoon upbringing he knew. But this American did it. He didn't have time for drinking binges.

Of course, we're hardly the first generation to have to deal with a tight labor market. But what's looming down the road is something our grandparents didn't have to face. At the rate that this country is being sold out, there is an excellent chance that you and I -- and God help them, our kids (assuming I can ever afford to have any, which ain't lookin' too good right now) -- will outlive anything resembling a free, prosperous United States of America. Unchecked illegal immigration is rapidly destroying it. And if we're going to have a future, it's got to stop.

In the meantime, the best option for anybody of our generation is to go into business for him or herself. I'm looking at a way to do that right now. Because working for somebody else, in today's America, is a virtual guarantee that you will be working until the day you die just to keep yourself above the poverty line.

Jesus, I'm starting to sound like a Democrat.

Forks,

it's mostly your generation that's fighting abroad and it's your generation that has stated to me they would volunteer to defend OUR borders without compensation.

I'm so sick of hearing about the jobs the American people won't do, when most American's have to work 2 jobs to support their families. Illegal aliens can afford to work cheaper because many are being subsidized by the federal government of the United States.

And another thing, the cost of living in Mexico isn't what it is in the United States, so $5.00/hr goes a long way south of the border.

The right to treat citizens and foreigners differently, is Constitutional and even Jesus Christ discriminated or knew the difference between the two . . .

"On their arrival in Capernaum, the tax collectors for the Temple tax came to Peter and asked him, "Doesn't your teacher pay the Temple tax?" "Of course he does," Peter replied. Then he went into the house to talk to Jesus about it. But before he had a chance to speak, Jesus asked him, "What do you think, Peter? Do kings tax their own people or the foreigners they have conquered?" "They tax the foreigners," Peter replied." Matthew 17:24-27:

"Our inheritance has been turned over to foreigners" (Jer. 5:2) by the federal government created by and for the citizens and the states.
    The federal government taxes "their own people" and appropriates the money to foreigners within and without the jurisdiction of the United States. And "If any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel". -- I Tim. 5:8 -- the government for the United States is worse than an infidel because it provides for the foreigners and not their own.

The Senate wants to live like kings and expects the citizens to live like animals or in a commune just to survive, not like 'families.' President George Bush says "Family Values Don't Stop at the Rio Grande" -- but the jurisdiction of the United States does and it's about time the President and the Senate learn that 'fact.'
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast