Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

$12 mil forfeiture part of pleas in illegal alien labor case

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/news/15669992.htm

Posted on Tue, Oct. 03, 2006

$12 million forfeiture part of pleas in illegal alien labor case

Associated Press

CINCINNATI - Three people and the temporary labor companies they ran in Ohio and Tennessee pleaded guilty in federal court on Tuesday to charges of using more than 1,000 illegal aliens to sort air freight over several years.

All had been named in July in a 40-count indictment alleging that they encouraged and enabled illegal aliens - most from Mexico - to work at the ABX Air Inc. hub in Wilmington, about 40 miles northeast of Cincinnati.

Guilty pleas were entered in U.S. District Court by Garcia Labor Company Inc. of Morristown, Tenn.; Garcia Labor Company of Ohio Inc., based in Wilmington; Maximino Garcia, 43, president and co-owner of both companies; Dominga McCarroll, 43, his sister and former vice president of the two companies; and Gina Luciano, 40, director of human relations for Garcia Labor in Tennessee.

All three pleaded guilty to conspiracy to induce, aid and abet illegal aliens to reside or remain in the United States for commercial or private gain.

No date was set for sentencing. Each could be sentenced to 10 years in prison and fined $250,000. The companies could be penalized $500,000 or twice the gain received from the crime.

Maximino Garcia's plea agreement also calls for him to forfeit $12 million in proceeds from the operation.

Prosecutors said Garcia's companies contracted with ABX to sort freight at Wilmington Air Park from 1999 until January 2005. During part of that time, the companies housed workers and helped them submit fraudulent application forms and cash paychecks, prosecutors said.

A woman who answered the telephone at Garcia's Morristown, Tenn., office said she had no instructions on how to refer a call for comment from the company.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    I hope they give ALL of them the MAX!!!

Don't let these people off easy is all I ask for. Isn't it interesting that Hispanics were using their own illegals and exploited them. They most likely were not paid what an legal would make.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hope to see many more prosecutions.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I want to see Tyson chicken hauled into court!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How about the Mega farmers, condo cleaning and maintenance companies and construction companies to add to the list. There are many illegals building the new Trump condos in South Florida. How about we go after the Donald too?

Business owner pleads guilty in illegal (Ohio) immigrant cas

Here's another link: Business owner pleads guilty in illegal immigrant case
    http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/sto ... from_rss=1

I urge all of you to contact the judge in this case and ask that the maximum sentence be imposed. Long jail sentences will be a greater deterent than heavy fines. Further more, I hope his competitiors sue him for unfair labor practices. If you know any of this company's competitiors, please suggest they file a law suit againt the business owner - Maximino Garcia.

This is a treasonous crime of GREED. This business owner could have hired hundreds of Americans from OH and KY, yet he chose to hire more than 1,000 illegal workers. Ohio has lost hundreds of thousands of jobs since President Bush was first elected.

Email, call, or write the Southern District Court of Ohio -
    U.S. Magistrate Judge Timothy S. Hogan and ask for the maximum sentence to be imposed.

OFFICE ADDRESS
    Potter Stewart U.S. Courthouse, Room 706
    100 East Fifth Street
    Cincinnati, OH 45202
    Phone: (513) 564-7650

Sample letter to Judge re. Garcia Labor Co. business owner

Use your own words .................................................. ..........

Street address
    City, State & Zip
    Date

U.S. Southern District Court of Ohio
    U.S. Magistrate Judge Timothy S. Hogan
    Potter Stewart U.S. Courthouse, Room 706
    100 East Fifth Street
    Cincinnati, OH 45202

Re.: Garcia Labor Cos.

Dear Judge Timothy S. Hogan,

I read that Maximino Garcia, Dominga McCoarroll and Gina Luciano all pleaded GUILTY in federal court to conspiring to provide work for hundreds of illegal immigrants. I urge you to impose the heaviest possible fine and the maximum sentence for all of these defendants.

This business owner could have hired hundreds of Americans from OH and KY, yet he chose to hire more than 1,000 illegal workers. In the last several years Ohio has lost hundreds of thousands of jobs. He could have hired Americans.

The govt. has devoted numerous resources to the investigation of this case. I believe you must make an example of these business people. A maximum sentence of ten years in prison and a $250,000 dollar fine will send a message to other business owners. It isn’t enough for this business man to forfeit $12 million dollars. The nature of this crime is very serious and it is detrimental to America’s core values. A lengthy prison sentence is required !

Regards,

Your Name

I agree with you that jail time is a much better penalty than just a fine. In the end I think long jail time and a hefty fine should do it and he goes to a prison with hard criminals such as gang members and murders and not a cushy jail where people convicted of white collar crimes go. Make him pay!