Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

16 Fayetteville Mall Workers Detained For Being In U.S. Ille

http://www.wral.com/news/10486775/detail.html

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -- More than a dozen people from the Middle East who worked at a Fayetteville mall are in federal custody, accused of working in the United States illegally.

The 16 people -- 15 who are from Israel and one from Turkey, according to Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials -- were in the country on tourist visas and had arrived in Fayetteville within the past four months, an ICE spokesman said.

They worked at Cross Creek Mall and were being paid in cash by a vendor, according to investigators. ICE would not release the vendor's name or discuss possible charges, but said the illegal immigrants were being paid 15 to 25 percent of gross receipts.

They were detained Tuesday and are being held at a detention facility in Charlotte, awaiting deportation.

ICE officials said agents began investigating when Fayetteville police received a tip that the workers might have been involved with terrorism. A police spokeswoman said an officer visited a home at Village and Ireland drives where several workers were living and noticed suspicious documents and materials. She would not say what they were.

ICE determined they were not involved in any terrorism.

Mall management said the vendor is no longer welcome.

"Our business policy is: 'If you're not going to follow state and federal guidelines, we're not going to do business with you,'" said Cross Creek Mall spokeswoman Tammy Hopkins.

All righty now, bring it on home. I use to work off duty security there on my days off back in the 80's.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Added to Home Page as: 16 Fayetteville Mall Workers Detained
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=48162
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Hmmm......immigration officials can make a bust in Fayettville, but they can't go right down the road to the Smithfield pork plant?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Hmmm......immigration officials can make a bust in Fayettville, but they can't go right down the road to the Smithfield pork plant?
    That's a good 25-30 miles down the road, MW, and there are only 600 workers admittedly using "questionable" SS#'s.

Think we should send ICE a map

REMEMBER, NO SMITHFIELD HAMS FOR CHRISTMAS!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    That's a good 25-30 miles down the road, MW, and there are only 600 workers admittedly using "questionable" SS#'s.

we can do like I did on the Baldhead Island hit. Send email and faxes to all our state Representatives and to ICE demanding why? All including ICE get the same letter with the CC on it so ICE knows who else got it. It worked for me here. Also praise the locals for doing their job and ask why ICE who is federally funded can't do theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf

we can do like I did on the Baldhead Island hit. Send email and faxes to all our state Representatives and to ICE demanding why? All including ICE get the same letter with the CC on it so ICE knows who else got it. It worked for me here. Also praise the locals for doing their job and ask why ICE who is federally funded can't do theirs.
    Charles, did you put one together? We could do an en masse emailing if you get it together with all the contacts.

Seems like the perfect opportunity as no one can deny the ridiculous hypocracy in the numbers 25 MILES up the road.

This is a bit different than the one at Baldhead where the Coast Guard could not get help from ICE. But I think we can come up with a good email/fax letter for Burr, Dole and McIntyre. Also it has to be sent to the ICE HQ office in DC since the local (Atlanta) office does not post an email or fax number on the web site. That was also mentioned in the letter that it was impossible to even contact a local ICE office.

Will see what I can do. Like you I will be in and out today but by this PM or tomorrow morning we should have a flyable item.

April
    Pork Plants are the worst, I am originally from the Oklahoma Panhandle (no mans Land) and that area is totally filled with hog facilities and a huge Seaboard Pork Plant in Guymon, Oklahoma, there are hundreds possibly thousands, of illegals working there with no repurcussion. It would be great to include them on the flyer as a huge employer of Illegals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast