Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Alberto Gonzales: Obama May Have Violated His Oath Of Office With Immigration Move

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Alberto Gonzales: Obama May Have Violated His Oath Of Office With Immigration Move

Alberto Gonzales: Obama May Have Violated His Oath Of Office With Immigration Move

TPM asked Gonzales after his speech if Romney should keep Obama’s new policy in place if he’s elected, or if he should scrap it. Gonzales dodged.
    “I’m already on record supporting helping these kids,” he said. “We need to provide some kind of help for these kids.”

Fmr. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales and President George W. Bush

Evan McMorris-Santoro June 16, 2012, 12:47 PM

Former George W. Bush administration Attorney General Alberto Gonzales doesn’t disagree with the thought behind President Obama’s executive action changing the way immigration policy will be enforced for the children of illegal immigrants — but he says that Obama may have violated his oath of office when he made the move.

“To halt through executive order the deportation of some undocumented immigrants looks like a political calculation to win Hispanic votes,” Gonzales told the crowd at the Faith & Freedom Coalition conference in Washington, D.C. Saturday, “and subjects him to criticism that he is violating his oath of office by selectively failing to enforce the law.”

This is not to say that Gonzales is opposed to what Obama’s trying to do.

“I agree providing help to qualified children of immigrants, the president’s new policy does nothing to secure our borders or require greater workplace enforcement nor deal with visa overstayers nor deal with the millions of undocumented immigrants who entered this country as adults,” he told the crowd.

Last week, Gonzales urged Mitt Romney to back away from some of his past hardline postions on immigration in order to close the gap among Hispanic voters with Obama.

“You run the risk that you’re going to be viewed as a flip-flopper,” he told the Huffington Post, “but I’d rather be right on the policy and accused as a flip-flopper than continue to be wrong on the policy.”

But Gonzales wouldn’t carry that through to Obama’s immigration policy change. TPM asked Gonzales after his speech if Romney should keep Obama’s new policy in place if he’s elected, or if he should scrap it. Gonzales dodged.
    “I’m already on record supporting helping these kids,” he said. “We need to provide some kind of help for these kids,” he told another reporter.

source: Alberto Gonzales: Obama May Have Violated His Oath Of Office With Immigration Move | TPM2012
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

ADDED TO ALIPAC HOMEPAGE News with amended title ..

http://www.alipac.us/content/alberto...tion-move-638/
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We have 48 Hours to Prepare to Fight Obama's Ambush Amnesty

by ALIPAC
    Published on 06-16-2012 02:12 PM Number of Views: 620

ALIPAC Activists:

All across the country it is evident that Americans are reacting with shock to Obama's ambush Amnesty decree announced Friday. Even the people who support the Dream Act Amnesty are saying they disagree with how Obama has gone about this. Remember, ALIPAC was the first ...

I don't blame the dreamers for even disagreeing with this action. I am going to play devils advocate for a moment here.

Let's pretend I am a dreamer. What Obama has done, is in his own words in 2011, illegal. I step forward to grab this amnesty. Congress grows a pair and does the right thing and impeaches him for this criminal act. Now instead of hiding in the shadows, not only I, but my entire family are highlighted and have admitted we are willingly and knowingly here illegally Odds are that after an impeachment hearing on this, Obots replacement will be dancing extra fast to show he is different. Myself and family have now moved to the head of the deportation line. Yes I would and should be leery of this shady deal. The risk is greater than the reward.

Now where do we find some members in congress willing to do the right thing and call him on his unconstitutional behavior? Dr. Paul, are you going to man up?
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So if you are gay or an illegal alien then Obama has been on your TV screens in the last few months announcing things that you really like.

For the rest of America, has Obama been on TV announcing anything he is doing that directly helps the rest of us?

I know ive never looked at my screens and said to myself "Hey look! Obama is doing something I like that will help me."

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OMG, Confuse the hell out of me!! Gozales is obviously pro-amnesty. IF republicans are to be entrusted with border control and DEPORTATION, why has Mr. Gonzales become a major spokesman for this issue?

The most I get from this is that I am very proud to be an independent!! But unearthing this guy certainly encourages me to STAY INDEPENDENT!

Kevinssdad,

This is beyond our opinions on illegal immigration, and even the pro illegals see it. It is about dictatorial actions and the breaking of the constitutional balance of power. In 2011 Obama himself stated that he could not legally and constitutionally do what he just did.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)