Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AZ: Suspicious package closes Grijalva’s office (Updated)

Suspicious package closes Grijalva’s office

Andrea Kelly Arizona Daily Star
    Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2010 2:06 pm

U.S. Rep. Raúl Grijalva’s congressional office is closed this afternoon as police respond to a suspicious piece of mail.

An envelope arrived with swastikas drawn on the outside and a white powdery substance on the inside, said Adam Sarvana, Grijalva’s spokesman.

The office is on lockdown as police investigate. Those outside the office are not allowed in, and the workers and constituents inside are not allowed to leave until police clear the scene, Sarvana said.

At about 1:45 p.m. there were several police and two fire vehicles outside the office.

It’s not the first time his office has been the target of threats.

Grijalva received death threats in April, shortly after SB1070 was signed into law and he called for a boycott in response. He closed his Tucson and Yuma offices as a result.

In July, after he called off the boycott, staffers found a bullet and a shattered window inside his Yuma office.

Grijalva appeared on a national news talk show this week complaining about racist tactics being used in the race.

Pima County Democratic Party Chairman Jeff Rogers said he’s disappointed in the level of discourse in politics.

Rogers blames this action on the kind of rhetoric coming out of the tea party and right-wing Republicans.

“It’s disappointing and I think it’s directly related to the level of rhetoric,â€

[quote]“I have to say it’s really interesting that when Democrats are most in trouble, something like this always happens,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

miguelina, you took the words right out of my mouth LOL! He is dumb enough to do this.

Banned
    I really think you may see more of this against the enemies of the United States

These losers are in such heavily gerrymandered districts with free and open voting by illegals keeping these agents of mexico in their positions.

Its only going to get worse

Bingo, this is obviously contrived!

Think about it. Real Nazis, the few that exist in America would not want to make themselves and their cause even more despised by conducting fake or real bio weapons attacks.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The message behind this letter is not Nazis hate Democrat.

The message behind this letter is "my opponents are Nazis"

Obviously, the Congressman's opponents would not want to send that message, but his supporters would want to send that message.

W

This is laughable. Ok, what so called "nazi group"(seriously, didn't they disappear in the 90's?) would send an envelope with swastikas on the outside containing a white powdery substance.

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to denounce his political opponent ( how convenient) and equate them with nazis. Where have we heard this before?

My bet is that some anchor baby or illegal invader rights group did it in order to provide an opportunity smear his opponent in this election.

Grijalva appeared on a national news talk show this week complaining about racist tactics being used in the race.
    And this racist is the one using it!

So we are to believe the Post Office would deliver a letter to a Congressmans Office with Swasticas all over it without notifying anyone or asking any questions ?

I hope the Police & FBI turn over every stone to find where this letter came from .
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    So we are to believe the Post Office would deliver a letter to a Congressmans Office with Swasticas all over it without notifying anyone or asking any questions ?
    since most of the post office is sorted by machines, yes its possible

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    So we are to believe the Post Office would deliver a letter to a Congressmans Office with Swastikas all over it without notifying anyone or asking any questions ?
    since most of the post office is sorted by machines, yes its possible
    It may be sorted by machine but is delivered by a human who looks at what they are delivering. I suppose they could have a bag they put all the Congressman's mail in but I am still skeptical.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast