Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bolton Upholds Proposition Denying Bond to Illegal Aliens

Bolton Upholds Proposition Denying Bond to Illegal Immigrants

Updated: Friday, 01 Apr 2011, 4:00 PM MDT
    Published : Friday, 01 Apr 2011, 3:58 PM MDT

PHOENIX - Federal Judge Susan Bolton has ruled in favor of denying bond to illegal immigrants who were arrested on felony charges.

Judge Bolton ruled in favor of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio and County Attorney Bill Montgomery. They were being sued by two national law firms and the National ACLU Representatives.

In 2006, Arizona voters passed Proposition 100, which precluded bail to arrestees who entered or remained in the state illegally and who were charged with serious felony offenses.

The ACLU claimed the law was unconstitutional and sued to stop it from being enforced. They alleged that the law was excessively harsh, a violation of the illegal immigrant's due process, and of their 5th, 6th, and 8th Amendment rights.

After several months of studying the evidence in the case, Judge Bolton resolved 5 of the 6 complaints in the county's favor. The 6th count of the original complaint survives the decision by Judge Bolton.

"I am happy to get Judge Bolton's decision. I always knew and felt that the County Attorney and I proceeded fairly and correctly to implement the mandate of the voters," stated Sheriff Arpaio.

"Proposition 100 was crafted to deal with an ongoing problem -- illegal aliens committing serious felonies and using the courts as a revolving door to escape justice by skipping out after getting a far too lenient bail."

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/ju ... s-4-1-2011
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well there is a piece of good news.

They were being sued by two national law firms and the National ACLU Representatives.
    NOW why does THIS not surprise me

Federal judge rules against ACLU, denies illegal aliens bail…press ignores

Dave Gibson

April 3, 2011

On Friday, Judge Susan Bolton ruled in favor of denying bond to illegal aliens arrested on felony charges. The ruling handed a defeat to the ACLU which filed the suit against Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio and County Attorney Bill Montgomery.

The ACLU claimed that denying bail to illegal aliens was unconstitutional, arguing that the law violated their 5th, 6th, and 8th Amendment rights.

The law, known as Proposition 100, was passed by the voters of Arizona in 2006 as a response to a surge in crime committed by illegal aliens across the state.

Shortly after the decision, Sheriff Arpaio said: “I am happy to get Judge Bolton's decision. I always knew and felt that the County Attorney and I proceeded fairly and correctly to implement the mandate of the voters.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn