Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Border guard: Show stepped over the line

http://www.sun-sentinel.com

Border guard: Show stepped over the line

Tom Jicha
    TV and Radio Writer

July 26, 2006

Pasadena, Calif. · The producers of the FX series 30 Days seemed to get caught with their political agenda showing, resulting in one of the liveliest sessions of the summer network press tour.

The concept of the series places people from different backgrounds or with contrasting political beliefs together for a month to walk a mile in one another's shoes, thereby gaining an appreciation of the other side.

Tonight's season premiere delves into the hottest issue on the political scene, immigration reform. Frank George is a legal Cuban immigrant and participant in the vigilante group the Minutemen, which voluntarily patrols America's southern border. For 30 Days, he moved in with a Mexican family of undocumented immigrants in east Los Angeles. If George had his way, he would deport them and all other undocumented immigrants.

The apparent goal of the program is to make the point that if people such as George got to know those who are here without papers, they wouldn't be so militant.

George charged that the producers took things he said out of context to establish this point. He said 95 percent of the show reflects the reality of his experience. However, the final 5 percent makes it appear as if he has had a dramatic change of heart. Didn't happen, he said. He gained perspective during the month, but his opinion didn't change at all.

"My wife and I looked at this, and I felt the floor had come out from under my feet. `My God, what have they done? I have been misrepresented.' This is what I have believed all along: no amnesty, no immigration reform plan of any kind from this president; put the regular military on the border and seal it so nobody can come over illegally.

"Were they fair to me with respect to that representation? I would say no."

George said he called the producers and complained, "You guys screwed me. Let's be very clear about that. Everything that you have shown in this last 5 percent is out of context. Give America the truth as to who I am and what I believe."

In fact, as soon as his stay in east L.A. ended, George said he headed straight for Crawford, Texas, to protest outside President Bush's ranch that the government isn't being tough enough on those here illegally.

"We stand entirely by the episode," executive producer R.J. Cutler said. "We feel it is truthful and fair." Nothing was taken out of context, Cutler maintained.

"It was," George insisted. "It makes it seem like I've seen the light. They had an agenda and they played it out until the bitter end."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Tonight's season premiere delves into the hottest issue on the political scene, immigration reform. Frank George is a legal Cuban immigrant and participant in the vigilante group the Minutemen, which voluntarily patrols America's southern border. For 30 Days, he moved in with a Mexican family of undocumented immigrants in east Los Angeles. If George had his way, he would deport them and all other undocumented immigrants.
    Funny how a news story dealing with highlighting bias and agenda would use terms such as 'vigilante' and 'undocumented'. Gee, do you think the reporter has a particular bias when it comes to illegal aliens and the Minutemen?
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

I 've told already that I'm a LEGAL imigrant, from Brazil, so I can speak
    and understand spanish and portuguese, although I never do, normally people think I don't understand them.
    What enfuriate me the most is the way these people speak about the American people and about America. They are perfects foes inside this country. Only if our politicians could hear.And the worst are the ones who are here illegaly for a long time. What they want is to make money to send back to their country and also turn America like their country.

Only if our politicians could hear.And the worst are the ones who are here illegaly for a long time. What they want is to make money to send back to their country and also turn America like their country.
    Minnie,

Have you written your Representative and Senators concerning this? You have a unique perspective, that could shed a bright light on the real intentions of illegal aliens.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Yes I did, several times, every time I hear something and get angry . I come to the computer and write a letter to them. It dosen't show they care , imagine one is Mell Martinez......Debbie Wassermas Shultz...
    Yesterday I was in the supermarket and I met one of them, he came through Mexico, but is brazilian, he works here as a handy man and is here for about 7 to 8 months, he began telling me that now he is charging $500.00 per day, that for less he wont work. (not for me of course and he knows i don't hire illegals) He sends home at least $6.000,00 a month. Couldn't an American or a legal be doing these jobs ? It's not like they say "they charge less", they charge as much as a person who pays all the taxes, and have the advantage if he goes to the hospital WE pay his bill.
    Like him , we have millions.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Refering to the reality show, It is just the opposite, This is Fox Corporation deffending those illegalxs, if you get to have more contact with them, you start wishing the authorities to do something, they are so confident,and certain they can do whatever they want ,that a law obidient citizen gets very upset , beeing impotent to take any action.
    Yes deportation is the only way, I cannot understand why the people keep hiding these ...

Frank George

Since Frank George stayed with this family for a month, he should still turn them in to the proper authorities. Remember he knows their names, who they are and where they live.

This would prove his point: This would prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the network doctored up a misrepresentation of his point of veiw. If he turns in this family then it would make the network look like liars. It would vindicate his position all along.

I imagine if this happened the network and the producers of the show will have to do a follow up to the segment. Imigaine if this went to the evening news headline: Minuteman turns in a illegal family who gave him shelter during reality show!

This is nothing more than Fox PROPAGANDA, have you notice O'Reilly ,was always complaining about open borders, now not a word.
    I use to watch Fox and is amazing how now they forgot everything and don't talk anymore about.

Minnie, Quote,
    Yesterday I was in the supermarket and I met one of them, he came through Mexico, but is brazilian, he works here as a handy man and is here for about 7 to 8 months, he began telling me that now he is charging $500.00 per day, that for less he wont work

My god, for that kind of money he must be a pimp or drug dealer!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast