Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Brewer, Obama discuss her book at Ariz. airport

kgun9.com
    By The Associated Press
    CREATED 4:16 PM

MESA, Ariz. (AP) Gov. Jan Brewer says President Barack Obama discussed her book with her and that he didn't give it a good review.

Brewer was at the Mesa airport Wednesday, among several state and local officials greeting Obama after he got off Air Force One.

Brewer was observed giving Obama an envelope and speaking with the president for a few minutes.

A news reporter said in a White House press pool report that Brewer later said Obama told her he didn't feel her book treated him cordially.

She says she invited Obama to go to the U.S.-Mexico border with her and to also discuss Arizona's economic comeback.

Brewer's book, "Scorpions for Breakfast," described a tense White House meeting last year between her and Obama on border and illegal immigration issues.

Brewer, Obama discuss her book at Ariz. airport - Home
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Arizona Gov. Brewer gets book critique from Obama

peninsulaclarion.com
    JIM KUHNHENN
    Associated Press
    01/25/12

MESA, Ariz. — Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer came to greet President Barack Obama upon his arrival outside Phoenix Wednesday. What she got was a critique. Of her book.

The two leaders could be seen engaged in an intense conversation at the base of Air Force One's steps. Both could be seen smiling, but speaking at the same time.

Asked moments later what the conversation was about, Brewer, a Republican, said: "He was a little disturbed about my book."

Brewer recently published a book, "Scorpions for Breakfast," something of a memoir of her years growing up and defends her signing of Arizona's controversial law cracking down on illegal immigrants, which Obama opposes.

Obama was objecting to Brewer's description of a meeting he and Brewer had at the White House, where she described Obama as lecturing her. In an interview in November Brewer described two tense meetings. The first took place before his commencement address at Arizona State University. "He did blow me off at ASU," she said in the television interview in November.

She also described meeting the president at the White House in 2010 to talk about immigration. "I felt a little bit like I was being lectured to, and I was a little kid in a classroom, if you will, and he was this wise professor and I was this little kid, and this little kid knows what the problem is and I felt minimized to say the least."

On the tarmac Wednesday, Brewer handed Obama an envelope with a handwritten invitation to return to Arizona to meet her for lunch and to join her for a visit to the border.

"I said to him, you know, I have always respected the office of the president and that the book is what the book is," she told reporters Wednesday. She said Obama complained that she described him as not treating her cordially.

"I said that I was sorry that he felt that way. Anyway, we're glad he's here, and we'll regroup."

A White House official said Brewer handed Obama a letter and said she was inviting him to meet with her. The official said Obama told her he would be glad to meet with her again. The official said Obama did note that at their last meeting, which the official described as a cordial discussion in the Oval Office, the governor inaccurately described the meeting in her book. The official spoke on condition of anonymity to describe a private conversation between the president and the governor.

Peninsula Clarion | The Newspaper of Alaska's Kenai Peninsula
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

oooh! I love that picture!

W

Maybe we should start a Poll to see who can get the date (If Any) when he will actually go to the Border and visit her?
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!

Don't you love these little ladie's standing up to the "Beast from the East" where the hell is Boehner, and the so called men in our congress?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Doubt he will take her up on dinner and a border tour. Come to think of it, has he ever been to the U.S.-Mexico border? Can't recall ever hearing of it.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Maybe she was asking him to pull her finger to find out how she felt about him?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hehee...look at our Jan (disrespectfully) POINTING HER FINGER AT THE POTUS! I LOVE IT! Tell HIM JAN!

Just got done reading some of the comments on this story on Yahoo. NOT ONE OF THE POSTERS THERE THOUGHT ILLEGALS SHOULD GET ANYTHING!!!!!!!!! NOT ONE!

You GO Jan!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast