Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Britain flooded with immigrants

Article published Nov 19, 2007
    Britain flooded with immigrants
    November 19, 2007

London Daily Telegraph - LONDON — Britain is experiencing unprecedented levels of immigration, with more than half a million foreigners arriving in a single year, figures showed Thursday.

Last year, 510,000 foreign migrants came to stay for at least 12 months, according to the Office for National Statistics. At the same time, 400,000 people, more than half of whom were British, emigrated.

An exodus on this scale has not been seen in the United Kingdom for almost 50 years.

Overall in 2006, there were a record 591,000 new arrivals. Only 14 percent of these were British citizens coming home.

It is the first time the number of foreign migrants has topped half a million, and the statistics do not include hundreds of thousands of Eastern Europeans who have arrived to work in the past two years because most say they are coming for less than 12 months.

The figures suggest that only one-sixth of the immigrants last year were from states that joined the European Union in 2004.

The biggest influx was from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, with more than 200,000 migrants.

Since Labor came to power in 1997, nearly 4 million foreign nationals have come to Britain, while 1.6 million have left. Over the same period, 1.8 million Britons have left, but only 979,000 have returned.

Yet despite high levels of emigration and a low birth rate, the population still is growing rapidly because of immigration by the equivalent of a city the size of Bristol every year.

This is placing huge pressures on services such as education, health and transport, with councils claiming they are not getting enough help from the government.

Simon Milton, the chairman of the Local Government Association, said the government — which this month had to apologize for incorrect figures on foreign migrants working in Britain — had no clear idea of where all the immigrants were going and their impact on services.

"No one has a real grasp of where or for how long migrants are settling, so much-needed funding for local services isn't getting to the right places," he said.

"The speed and scale of migration combined with the shortcomings of official population figures is placing pressure on funding for services like children's services and housing."

Andrew Green, the chairman of the group Migrationwatch, said: "Two-thirds of yet another record level of arrivals come from outside the EU. They could and should be subject to much tighter controls."

Damian Green, the Conservative immigration spokesman, said. "These figures prove that immigration is still running at unsustainably high levels."

Communities Secretary Hazel Blears said the "effects of migration can put a strain on public services, especially when there is a large movement into an area in a short space of time."
    http://washingtontimes.com/article/2007 ... 03/foreign
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Am I crazy or do I really see a pattern of 'Open Boarders' in the Nations having the most National Pride and the MOST to lose?

Do I see the fingerprints of the Trilateral Commission?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    Am I crazy or do I really see a pattern of 'Open Boarders' in the Nations having the most National Pride and the MOST to lose?

Do I see the fingerprints of the Trilateral Commission?
    Why do you think the dollar is going down?They want to replace it with the Amero.