http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?S ... 1826-8365r

Bush again calls for guest worker plan
WASHINGTON, April 28 (UPI) -- U.S. President George Bush Friday said he is against Monday's planned boycott over immigration rights and pushed his proposed guest worker program.

At a White House news conference, Bush said he's against boycotts in general although he recognizes the right of people to "express themselves ... in a peaceful ... respectful way."

"But I recognize it's hard to enforce the border and have interior enforcement if there is a smuggling network that's bringing people across and there's a forgery network that's providing people false documents. And, therefore, I believe a temporary worker program will make it easier to enforce the border, as well as have interior enforcement," Bush said.

"If somebody is coming across to do a job on a temporary basis, they don't need to sneak across. They don't need a coyote to stuff them in the back of an 18-wheeler. They don't need to walk across the desert and risk their lives. And so a rational way to make sure our border is enforced is to have a temporary worker program. And that's what I support."

Bush called on Congress to develop a comprehensive plan to enforce border security and implement workable domestic enforcement policies.