Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Bush deems guest workers key for economy

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20060 ... -3544r.htm

By Joseph Curl and Stephen Dinan
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES
    Published February 1, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    President Bush last night called for "stronger immigration enforcement and border protection" even as he told Congress to move forward with his plan to create a guest-worker program to fill jobs that no Americans want.

He also seemed to challenge those in his party who oppose a guest-worker program, saying the nation needs immigrants.

"We hear claims that immigrants are somehow bad for the economy -- even though this economy could not function without them," Mr. Bush said in his State of the Union address.

The only way to keep the United States competitive is to create an immigration system that "upholds our laws, reflects our values and serves the interests of our economy," he said.

"Our nation needs orderly and secure borders. To meet this goal, we must have stronger immigration enforcement and border protection," Mr. Bush said. "And we must have a rational, humane guest-worker program that rejects amnesty, allows temporary jobs for people who seek them legally and reduces smuggling and crime at the border."

The president pushed for his guest-worker plan in his past two State of the Union addresses as a way to help employers, but this year his focus on border security and immigration enforcement was much clearer.

"There has been continual movement on his part because he recognizes the Congress and the American people aren't with him, and we're going to fight him," said Rep. Tom Tancredo, Colorado Republican.

He and other Republicans took issue with Mr. Bush for not differentiating between legal immigrants and illegal aliens when he said the economy could not work without immigrants.

Rep. Lamar Smith, Texas Republican, said U.S. workers would be hurt by a guest-worker program.

"Studies show that competition from cheap foreign labor depresses wages and takes jobs away from American citizens and legal immigrants alike," Mr. Smith said.

He also said Mr. Bush's plan is unenforceable, because those here illegally cannot be expected to return to their home countries voluntarily.

In the official Democratic response to the State of the Union, Virginia Gov. Timothy M. Kaine said Mr. Bush does not have a rational immigration policy and that the result is a "confusing patchwork" for states and localities to handle.

He shied away from a specific call for a path to citizenship for illegal aliens, even though most party leaders in Washington have endorsed that.

"We should welcome those who seek to lawfully join and contribute to our American family," Mr. Kaine said. "At the same time, we must ensure that our homeland-defense efforts begin with consistent federal action to protect our borders."

In the Spanish-language Democratic response, Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa specifically called for "comprehensive immigration reform" and for giving "hardworking people who play by the rules a greater opportunity to realize the American dream."

Sen. John Cornyn, Texas Republican, said Mr. Bush was right to call for action on the border and for his guest-worker plan.

"The bill I've introduced strengthens our border enforcement and comprehensively reforms our immigration system," Mr. Cornyn said. "We need both stronger enforcement and reasonable reform of our immigration laws."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Bush deems guest workers key for economy

Quote Originally Posted by Brian503a
    http://www.washtimes.com/national/20060201-120444-3544r.htm

By Joseph Curl and Stephen Dinan
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES
    Published February 1, 2006

"We hear claims that immigrants are somehow bad for the economy -- even though this economy could not function without them," Mr. Bush said in his State of the Union address.
    Bush is so full of stenching doggy doodoo I wonder who he is trying to fool? Certainly not the majority of American citizens

I didn't bother watching Jorge Bush's recent state of the union address. I figured it was more of the same BS!

IMPEACH! IMPEACH! IMPEACH!
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Is that why when a Walmart opened in Chicago recently, 16,000 people applied for 325 jobs? During the past five years of Bush’s presidency the US has lost 16.5% of its manufacturing jobs. The hardest hit are clothes manufacturers, textile mills, communications equipment, and semiconductors. Workforces in these industries shrunk by 37 to 46 percent. Major industries have shriveled to insignificance in half a decade. Is that what he means when he says we need more guest workers?

Free trade, offshore production for US markets, and the outsourcing of US jobs are killing the middle class. Every industry that faces foreign outsourcing or import competition is losing jobs, including both Ford and General Motors, both of which recently announced new job losses of 30,000 each. The parts supplier, Delphi, is on the ropes and cutting thousands of jobs, wages, benefits, and pensions. Is that what he means when he says we need more guest workers?

If the free trade/outsourcing propaganda were true, would not at least some US export industries be experiencing a growth in employment? If free trade and outsourcing benefit the US economy, how did America run up $2.85 trillion in trade deficits over the last five years? This means Americans consumed almost $3 trillion dollars more in goods and services than they produced and turned over $3 trillion of their existing assets to foreigners to pay for their consumption. Consuming accumulated wealth makes a country poorer, not richer. But good thing Bush is working hard to bring us more cheap foreign workers.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

He hears claims?

Anybody in the real world KNOWS illegal immigration is bad for the taxpayer. Bush wants to take from the taxpayer and give to the illegal-or should I say "legal guest worker".

The "economy" he's talking about are his big business buddies.

It's obvious this man has no clue what's really going on in the US. Maybe the Minutemen could invite him along for the next border watch.

BTW reptile, I believe there were 25,000 apps for these 325 jobs. No way the economy is thriving.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    :
    BTW reptile, I believe there were 25,000 apps for these 325 jobs. No way the economy is thriving.
    Here's the article for anyone that missed it about Walmart.

https://www.alipac.us/ftopict-16171-walmart.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What does this a-hole know about running an economy? He couldn't even spell economy. Name one business Jorge ran (or shall I say got handed to) that he ran successfully? Answer is none. All of them went bankrupt or he had to sell them because they were in such huge debt. I wouldn't trust the guy to run a local lemonade stand for kids let alone run our nations economy. How could people be so damn stupid in reelecting this chump?

I didn't bother watching Jorge Bush's recent state of the union address. I figured it was more of the same BS!
    We are right on queue. I didn't watch it either. I pretty much predicted everything he was going to say because he usually says the same things over and over like a damn robot. Sometimes I wonder if he even convinces himself that what he's doing is right. His brains are so fried from all the past drinking and drugging that he doesn't know fantasy from reality. He really belongs in a mental ward.

IMPEACH! IMPEACH! IMPEACH!
    Great minds think alike. I second your statement above.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn