Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush says national anthem should be sung in English

OUR EMPEROR HAS SPOKEN:

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/disp/st ... 27147.html

April 28, 2006, 12:59PM
    Bush says national anthem should be sung in English

By JEANNINE AVERSA
    Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- The national anthem should be sung in English — not Spanish — President Bush declared today.

"One of the important things here is that we not lose our national soul,'' he said.

A Spanish language version of the national anthem was released today by a British music producer, Adam Kidron, who said he wanted to honor America's immigrants.

When the president was asked at a Rose Garden question-and-answer session whether the anthem should be sung in Spanish, he replied: "I think the national anthem ought to be sung in English. "

He made his remarks on the matters during a wide-ranging briefing with reporters.

"I think people who want to be citizens of this country ought to learn English," Bush said.
    The president's comments came amid a burgeoning national debate — and congressional fight — over legislation pending in Congress, and pushed by Bush, to overhaul U.S. immigration law.

Large numbers of immigrant groups have planned an economic boycott next week to dramatize their call for legislation providing legal status for millions of people in the United States illegally.

"I am not a supporter of boycotts," Bush said. "I am a supporter of comprehensive immigration reform. ... I think that most Americans agree that we've got to enforce our border."

His remarks followed release of the Spanish language version of the song, called "Nuestro Himno" or "Our Anthem."
    Title 8,U.S.C.§1324 prohibits alien smuggling,conspiracy,aiding and
    abetting!

Anything else?

Am I seeing right? After that closed door hearing and implicit endorsement of Illegal Immigration?

Is this the same President? Would someone tell me what is going on?
    Title 8,U.S.C.§1324 prohibits alien smuggling,conspiracy,aiding and
    abetting!

Re: Anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasMoore
    Am I seeing right? After that closed door hearing and implicit endorsement of Illegal Immigration?

I heard him say it and almost fell through the floor! Considering he said 3 weeks ago that the Illegals touting Foreign flags was freedom of speech

Maybe Tony Snow is going to be able to help him after all

"One of the important things here is that we not lose our national soul,'' he said.
    Hold on just a minute pal. Shouldn't you have thought about this like 6 years ago before you started preaching on about open borders, globalization and the destruction of America as we know it? If your so concerned about protecting our national soul then why don't you protect our borders Senor Bush? Why don't you enforce our immigration laws Senor Bush? Why don't you stop giving away our jobs and our tax dollars Senor Bush? Why do you continue to spew your orwellian nonsense Senor Bush? Why do you continue to call the minutemen vigilantes Senor Bush? Why do you continue to have closed door meetings behind our backs to enact your destructive OBL agenda Senor Bush? Why? Why? Why? We are losing our national soul and your directly responsible and the blood of thousands is on your hands.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedCitizen
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasMoore

I heard him say it and almost fell through the floor! Considering he said 3 weeks ago that the Illegals touting Foreign flags was freedom of speech

Maybe Tony Snow is going to be able to help him after all
    Do you have the actual quote, not a reporters paraphrase, of what he said?

I can't find it anywhere.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

IL: "The Most Corrupt State in The Country outside of Mexico"
    This Brainless idiot is running on empty. He doesn't know which way is up.

This useless puppet saying what he needs to say to get by. How pathetic this moron has become.

"IMPEACH JORGE BUSH NOW!!"

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think that most Americans agree that we've got to enforce our border."
    That statement is so ridiculous it is insulting. President Bush had all the necessary power to enforce the borders after 9/11. Absolutely no one would have stopped him if he had sent troops to secure the border. He did nothing...zero...less than zero.

And saying the National Anthem should be sung in English. What a strong statement. Next thing he will say we should enforce existing immigration laws. Of course he will not get wild and support bills like HR 4437.