Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

For Death By ISIS You Have To Go Out; Illegal Aliens Deliver

Archive.
    For Death By ISIS You Have To Go Out; Illegal Aliens Deliver

ANN COULTER
    Political Commentator
    10:03 PM 02/25/2015

You can always tell the media are hiding something when they obsessively focus on Muslim atrocities someplace else in the world. Cable TV could cover Muslim atrocities 24 hours a day, seven days a week, from 632 A.D. to the end of time, without repeating themselves.

For at least a year after 9/11, I used to turn on the TV, and if I saw a “Survivor” contestant, I’d think, “Good. No news.” These days, I turn on the TV, and if I see former U.N. ambassador John Bolton, I think, “Good. No news.”

By now, the public knows more about ISIS than they know about the Kardashians. But it has no idea that the very same Senate Democrats who claimed to oppose Obama’s amnesty when they were campaigning are currently filibustering a bill to defund it, and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is ready to cave.

ISIS has killed four Americans — in Syria. We’re not exactly talking about another 9/11. Here’s a tip: If you don’t want to be killed by ISIS, don’t go to Syria.

Meanwhile, illegal aliens have killed, raped and maimed thousands of Americans — in America. If you don’t want to be killed, raped or maimed by illegal immigrants in your own country, I have no tips for you. There’s nothing you can do. You’re on your own. Good luck.

Our politicians don’t care. They are obsessed with cleaning up the rest of the world, while we’re getting our clock cleaned at home.

Americans are at greater risk of being killed by Joran van der Sloot than by ISIS, since a lot more of us vacation in Aruba, as Natalee Holloway did, than in Syria. So why doesn’t Sen. John McCain drone on, day after day, Joran van der Sloot is winning. We’re neither degrading nor destroying Joran van der Sloot.

With the media’s Soviet-style censorship about immigrant crime, unless a member of your immediate family has been killed by an illegal alien, you might not have noticed the growing death toll, but here are some small, below-the-fold local news items just from the last two weeks.

On Monday of this week, Jaime Balam, an illegal alien from Mexico, appeared in court in San Francisco to face charges that he shot three American college students, one fatally, because they happened to be wearing the wrong colors. “I would never expect something like this to happen in my life,” the murder victim’s father said. “These guys, they destroyed my life, me and family, for nothing.”

Also this week, Juan Javier Mejia was captured in Mexico and returned to the U.S. to face charges that he and his half-brother, Abram Daniel Palacios, gunned down Ivan Carrillo in San Jacinto, California. Mejia has previous convictions in this country for rape and assault with intent to commit rape and burglary, while his half-brother Palacios has prior convictions for narcotics possession, criminal threats and spousal battery.

Also just this week, jury selection began in the trial of illegal alien Dora Ramirez, who, along with her illegal alien husband, Ulises Arturo Reyes Mercado, is alleged to have lured her lover to a rural area of Alabama, where they shot him in the head, execution-style, then fled back to Mexico. Ramirez later returned to live in Decatur, Alabama, with her illegal alien parents, while Mercado is presumably still in Mexico, eagerly awaiting his “family reunification” under Obama.

Last Friday, Feb. 21, Margarita Garabito was convicted in the brutal beating death of her 10-year-old stepdaughter. When the girl was found, she had an open 7-inch wound on her skull, all her ribs had been broken and her body was covered with bruises. Or, as Garabito said — through a Spanish interpreter — “God knows I have a good heart.” Well, I think that goes without saying, Margarita.

The day before that, on Feb. 20, Bassel Saad, the Lebanese immigrant who killed John Bieniewicz at a soccer game in Livonia, Michigan, last year, pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter.

Last Tuesday, Feb. 17, illegal alien Juan Ramon Garcia tried to run over a U.S. Border Patrol agent with his car, according to authorities. Garcia had five more illegal aliens in his vehicle. He’s charged with assault on a federal officer, human smuggling and impersonating Suge Knight.

The previous week, on Feb. 11, illegal immigrant Ricardo Picasso was sentenced to 139 years in prison for murdering 25-year-old Eric Reyes at a house party in Lindsay, California. His lawyer is pretty sure he can get that down to just a century.

On Feb. 6, the same day that ISIS killed Kayla Mueller — the most recent American to be killed in a country thousands of miles away from here — 17-year-old Jacob Koffman was stabbed to death in a residential area of Sherman Oaks, California. Police arrested Ennio Avolio and are still looking for two other Hispanic men who were seen fleeing the crime scene.

ISIS is not at our doorstep. Illegal immigrants are not only at our doorstep, but millions of them are already through the door, murdering far more Americans than ISIS ever will.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/25/fo...liens-deliver/

About Dora Ramirez.

Decatur mother of 4 guilty in murder of alleged lover

Bayne Hughes/Decatur Daily
    Dora Ramirez is taken to jail after being found guilty of murder Friday in the 2005 execution-style killing of a Decatur man.

Posted: Friday, February 27, 2015 10:47 pm
    By Bayne Hughes Staff Writer

ATHENS — A Decatur woman's words "convicted herself" Friday as a jury deliberated for just 30 minutes before finding her guilty in the 2005 murder of Andres Flores Galicia.

Prosecution and defense attorneys said the key moment of Dora Alicia Ramirez's trial was when Limestone County Circuit Court Judge James Woodroof admitted her recorded interrogation by sheriff's investigators into evidence.

Woodroof set an April 28 sentencing hearing for a tearful Ramirez. The 29-year-old mother of four was taken immediately into custody and transported to Limestone County Jail.

Defense attorney Dan Totten tried in a Tuesday hearing to keep the recording out of the trial. He argued Ramirez didn't understand hat it meant to waive her Miranda rights before the interview because of a language barrier.

On Friday, the jury heard the interrogation recording.

Ramirez told Chief Investigator Stanley McNatt and then-Lt. Randy King, now chief deputy, that her husband, Ulises Mercado, became jealous of Galicia and demanded she "prove my love for him."

She worked for Galicia at his gas station and garage on Sixth Avenue in Decatur. Prosecutors said the two called each other often and were likely involved romantically.

At the time of the slaying, Sheriff Mike Blakely said the two were having an affair.

In the interview, Ramirez said she called Galicia from a pay phone at a Limestone County convenience store and told him she needed help because her car wouldn't start.

She said one man acted as lookout, Mercado hid in a nearby tree and another man hid behind her car on Mooresville Road. When Galicia arrived, Mercado and the other man stepped out and killed him.

Galicia was shot once through the nose and twice in the back of the head, said Dr. Valerie Green, a medical examiner with the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences.

Mercado is believed to have fled to Mexico. The other two men were never identified.

"That (interrogation) was probably the only evidence we had," said prosecutor Stephanie Billingslea, an assistant state attorney general. "Otherwise, we'd never know the details of what happened to Galicia."

Totten agreed, saying the jury apparently agreed with the prosecution that Ramirez "was trying to be a good wife when we said she made the call out of fear."

Billingslea told the jury in her closing statement that Ramirez was just as responsible as the other men, even though she didn't pulled the trigger.

"She is an accomplice," Billingslea said. "A partner in crime."

Totten said Ramirez, who recently became a U.S. citizen, was a 19-year-old illegal alien who "was scared all of the time" of getting caught and sent back to Mexico. She moved to Decatur at age 12.

The trial began Tuesday and then snow canceled two days of court. The judge and attorneys said they never had been involved in a trial delayed by snow.

The case was initially delayed 10 years ago as investigators tried desperately to track down Mercado.

Changes in prosecutors and defense attorneys also delayed the case. District Attorney Brian Jones had to recuse himself because he briefly represented Ramirez.

The defense filed a motion for a speedy trial and the charge was dropped. However, the state picked up the case again and Ramirez was indicted for a second time in 2013.

Totten said it's difficult to say whether he regretted pushing the case to a conclusion.

"I don't know what's worse — having the Sword of Damocles hang over your head or getting knocked over the head by it," Totten said.

http://www.decaturdaily.com/news/dec...c8f61bc3d.html

Jaime Belam.

Mexico native back in Bay Area for trial in ’09 killing

By Kale Williams
    Updated 8:41 pm, Monday, February 23, 2015

Photo: Xx / Daly City Police
    Jaime Belam, one of three men suspected in the February 2009 shooting of Moises Frias Jr. outside the Daly City BART Station, was extradited from Mexico and appeared in U.S. District Court in San Francisco for the first time Monday.

A gang suspect appeared in U.S. District Court in San Francisco for the first time after he was extradited from Mexico on charges ranging from racketeering to the slaying of a college student in Daly City six years ago, prosecutors said.

Jaime Balam, 26, a Mexico native and citizen who also went by the name “Tweety,” was wanted as a suspect in the murder of 21-year-old Moises Frias Jr., who was shot and killed Feb. 19, 2009, in a car near the Daly City BART Station because his friends were wearing red — a color claimed by a rival gang — according to police.

Two of the other three men in the car were also injured, but they survived. None of the victims were associated with gangs, investigators said.

“I would never expect something like this to happen in my life,” Moises Frias Sr. said shortly after two men — Danilo Velasquez and Luis Herrera — were arrested for the crime. “These guys, they destroyed my life, me and family, for nothing.”
    In 2012, Velasquez was sentenced to life in prison after he was convicted of racketeering, conspiracy and weapons charges in Frias’ death. Herrera, who pleaded guilty to racketeering and conspiracy and admitted to driving the car, was sentenced to 35 years in prison.

Balam was deported to his native Mexico eight days after the shooting, but before he was identified as a suspect. All three men were suspected of being members of La Mara Salvatrucha, or MS-13, a violent gang that operates in numerous Central American countries and in many states in the U.S., according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

Balam was indicted by a federal grand jury in 2012 on allegations of racketeering, conspiracy, the slaying of Frias and other acts of violence. He was arrested in Mexico in October 2013 and subsequently ordered to be extradited Feb. 10, 2015, said Melinda Haag of the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

“We are happy to see that Mr. Balam was brought back to the U.S. for prosecution in this case,” said Daly City police Capt. John Gamez. “This brings a long-awaited closure to the innocent victims and their families.”

Tatum King, acting special agent in charge for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Homeland Security Investigations in San Francisco, agreed that the extradition was a long time coming, but he said it showed the willingness of multiple agencies to work together across international borders.

“As this case makes clear, we will not allow our borders to be barriers to bringing accused violent criminals to justice,” he said. “In addition to the tireless efforts by (Homeland Security) special agents in the Bay Area and Mexico City, we also owe a tremendous debt to authorities in Mexico, whose cooperation was vital to assuring this defendant’s return.”

Balam is facing at least seven felony charges, including murder, conspiracy and racketeering. If convicted of all charges he could face multiple life sentences.

He was scheduled to appear in court on March 3 for a status conference, Haag said.

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/...#photo-7566266