Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Do 'illegals' have the right to protest?

http://www.azcentral.com/blogs/index.ph ... Columnists

Do 'illegals' have the right to protest?
    03/24/2006 02:39:19

The guy didn't leave his name, only a voice mail saying, "I bet an idiot liberal like you believes that those illegals marching up 24th Street have a right to be protesting here. Don't you. Well, the fact is that we should of parked paddy wagons all along the route and arrested the whole bunch of them. They got no rights in this country if they aren't citizens."

Perhaps, like a lot of people, this particular gentleman was absent for history class -- his whole life. The founding fathers didn't say that only American citizens have the right to free speech. They said that everybody has it. That we are born with it. Along with a bunch of other rights.

Not everyone in the world gets to exercise them, since they don't live in countries like ours. But here we respect the rights of each individual, citizen or not. So, actually, those people marching up 24th Street do have rights. And might know more about what it means to be an American than the people who want to throw them in jail.

2 comments • Permalink
    Comments:
    Comment from: logical1
    03/24/06 @ 14:45
    We don't need to throw them in jail... just toss'em back over the border.

They can protest all they want. I just wish INS had been there to take them back home.
    Comment from: Walter7694
    03/24/06 @ 15:37
    How would INS take them home? In a van?

It's amazing how clueless rightwingers can be about the sheer size and importance of Mexican labor in America. Mass deportations, walls, the American military cannot begin to address the reality of this situation. It's beyond the cheap demagoguery of pols like JD Hayworth. It's way beyond the airhead fantasies of the Minutemen. You're not going to change this situation with your witless "get tough" policies. That train is long gone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

You know, first of all I am amazed that the police don't arrest them and take them back across the border. I think it is because they were a mix of legals, and illegals. Can you imagine the problems for a police officer that approched a legal protester? As far as the illegals are concerned, I am sure that they have the"right" to protest. They do not however have the right to be here, so that sort of cancells out the right to free speech. I was pretty upset to see them protesting downtown.

Put someone with some spirit in charge of INS, and I'll show you that train can be stopped. Everyone here seems to have a basic clue of when these illegal protests are going to happen, and when they are going to happen.

10,000 marchers suddenly surrounded by say 2,500 gun wielding, tazer holding, riot gear wearing officials of the law demanding to see some ID's. No papers, to the pookie and then the border you go. You slam the lid like that down on one or two protests, end of the protests.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!

Sorry, somehow I posted double messages.
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

Dear Sir,

Did you see the masses of illegals in our city streets today? Did you by chance, see the Mexican flags, hear them yelling "Brown power"?

They flaunt their illegal activities in our face, and our OWN government is not doing a thing to protect true American citizens.

These people left their illegal jobs, hampered traffic and true American businesses doors! Have you even thought how many American's jobs were interfered with today?

I am so disgusted with you! Almost every foreign country is protecting their workers more than you are protecting OURS! Many Latin countries will not allow American's to interfere with their policies, but by golly, you are opening the door and handing them the keys!

Are our farmers going to provide health insurance for these so-called guest workers? Will they pay for every kid they drop, while here in the USA? Will they add extra taxes to the school districts? Pay for more incarcerations?

Also, I am baffled with why you are allowing foreign countries to dictate to us, how OUR immigration laws should be! How many other foreign leaders dictate their conditions to you?

How long before another race marches in the streets? Will you buckle under to them too?

I predict American's will not allow this to continue, they will protect what jobs we have left here, after OUR government outsourced them and brought in foreigners to take the rest!

You have denied Americans the pursuit of happiness, of protection and our way of life as well as our jobs. You say you want every American to have a home. Bullsugar! I know many young American families that can't get a home loan due to past financial troubles, but the loan companies (Wells Fargo, etc.) are falling all over themselves to hand out home loans to illegals with just an ITIN number!

Americans are demanding too!

A wall
    Deportation
    No guest worker program till you show us you can control this mess
    NO amnesty
    No anchor babies
    No entitlements to them
    Arrest employers who hire them

The time is now, for a 3rd party, one that respects the true American worker and middle class.

I sent this to the Prez, Vice Prez and Ken Mehlman..I was so mad when I saw the masses!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Quote Originally Posted by PintoBean
    10,000 marchers suddenly surrounded by say 2,500 gun wielding, tazer holding, riot gear wearing officials of the law demanding to see some ID's. No papers, to the pookie and then the border you go. You slam the lid like that down on one or two protests, end of the protests.
    Way to go, PintoBean, but where are we going to get those "officials of the law" today? Not here in Arizona, I can assure you neither in California.
    I can't hardly wait for "ELECTION REVOLT DAY"
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

Glad you sent your letter, Moosetracks. Our fingers are going to have to hurt from the keyboard if we are going to help our country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    Dear Sir,

Did you see the masses of illegals in our city streets today? Did you by chance, see the Mexican flags, hear them yelling "Brown power"?

They flaunt their illegal activities in our face, and our OWN government is not doing a thing to protect true American citizens.

These people left their illegal jobs, hampered traffic and true American businesses doors! Have you even thought how many American's jobs were interfered with today?

I am so disgusted with you! Almost every foreign country is protecting their workers more than you are protecting OURS! Many Latin countries will not allow American's to interfere with their policies, but by golly, you are opening the door and handing them the keys!

Are our farmers going to provide health insurance for these so-called guest workers? Will they pay for every kid they drop, while here in the USA? Will they add extra taxes to the school districts? Pay for more incarcerations?

Also, I am baffled with why you are allowing foreign countries to dictate to us, how OUR immigration laws should be! How many other foreign leaders dictate their conditions to you?

How long before another race marches in the streets? Will you buckle under to them too?

I predict American's will not allow this to continue, they will protect what jobs we have left here, after OUR government outsourced them and brought in foreigners to take the rest!

You have denied Americans the pursuit of happiness, of protection and our way of life as well as our jobs. You say you want every American to have a home. Bullsugar! I know many young American families that can't get a home loan due to past financial troubles, but the loan companies (Wells Fargo, etc.) are falling all over themselves to hand out home loans to illegals with just an ITIN number!

Americans are demanding too!

A wall
    Deportation
    No guest worker program till you show us you can control this mess
    NO amnesty
    No anchor babies
    No entitlements to them
    Arrest employers who hire them

The time is now, for a 3rd party, one that respects the true American worker and middle class.

I sent this to the Prez, Vice Prez and Ken Mehlman..I was so mad when I saw the masses!
    Moosetracks,
    You said everything I feel. I think they are all pushy and arrogant. All of
    them are, no exceptions. I also hate it when hispanic groups have the audacity to think that they have a right to change our laws, to for their benefit.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Amen!! This is going to get nasty. Maybe Washington will see their real intentsl It will be MORE and MORE demands. They better stop it now or we are in for a world of trouble.