Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Feds Say Arizona Violates Rights of English Learners

Feds Say Arizona Violates Rights of English Learners

Friday, September 10, 2010
    By Staff, Associated Press

(AP) - Federal investigators say the state is violating the 1964 Civil Rights Act by shortchanging thousands of students whose first language is not English.

Unless changes are made, the violations could lead to a loss of federal funding for state education.

The Arizona Republic reports one complaint alleges the Arizona Department of Education has reclassified "many thousands" of children as proficient in English even though tests indicate they aren't.

The second complaint says federal departments found the state eliminated two questions from its home-language survey in 2009.

The result was that students who are eligible for English-language services "are not being served because they are not being identified."

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/75171
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The FED is on a witch hunt and it shows.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The FED has lost it's collective mind ....

Don't blame us because thousands of illegal immigrant anchor babies are here and can't speak english ... if their parents had come here legally , they might have a better grasp of the language ... because isn't it required for legal immigrants to be able to speak limited english ?

if someones to blame , the FED is to blame for looking the other way while our country is invated .... the FED should pay all costs assoicated with their faluire to protect our country ..

Our Federal Government hard at work creating jobs and cutting spending.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

are not being served because they are not being identified
    I'll give you one guess at who is the biggest culprit in the failure of identifying any of these people or illegals. You are right. They are on a witch hunt now. Exactly what this government is not suppose to do or even be a part of.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

that the way it should be in every state English if not get the hell Out
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If they yank federal funding in my opinion Arizona has the right to boot each and every illegal from the school system! Can't prove your citizenship? BYE BYE

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    If they yank federal funding in my opinion Arizona has the right to boot each and every illegal from the school system! Can't prove your citizenship? BYE BYE
    If they yank federal funding, Arizona will have no other choice but to eliminate spending on illegals. The feds may cause the very thing that they are trying to avoid.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Federal Investigators from which agency?

I know that law requires AZ to education the illegal kiddies through high school but does the law require ESL instruction or can they use immersion? If I were head of AZ schools I would immediately discontinue ESL classes and present studies showing that immersion is beneficial to little anchor babies.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast