Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Guest-worker concept doomed to fail

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepubli ... ts232.html

Guest-worker concept doomed to fail

Nov. 23, 2005 12:00 AM

Regarding "No turning tail" (Editorial, Friday):

Contrary to The Republic's Editorial Board, enforcing immigration laws hasn't failed, because it's never been tried.

And a guest-worker plan is not "courageous," it's surrender. It's based on the same defeatist notion (we can't stop it so we might as well legalize it) used by proponents of legalizing drugs and prostitution.

Can the Editorial Board name even one successful guest-worker program here or anywhere? I didn't think so. That's because there are none.

Germany and Switzerland are coping with problems caused by guest-worker programs from decades ago. Saudi Arabia's guest workers live under conditions that have been called "modern-day slavery." America's bracero programs were ended because they lowered wages for American workers and increased illegal immigration.

The riots in France offer an object lesson in the folly of temporary-worker programs. The parents of those torching cars were invited to France decades ago to do jobs the French wouldn't (sound familiar?) and were supposed to eventually leave.

Only they never did.

It would be no different here. When guest workers refuse to leave, will The Republic lead the calls to round them up . . . or grant them amnesty?

The guest-worker concept is a fantasy that runs counter to human nature and experience.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes indeedy, Guest Worker Program is like the relative you invite over for the week-end and is still in the guest room 10 years later. They are the visitor that will always wear out their welcome; over-extend their stay; rob the refrigerator; take your favorite comfy chair; take the car and say, "I didn't think you'd mind", and then take your job you lost because they took car your car and you couldn't get to work.

They'll be ahead of you in the waiting room at the hospital; the hairdressers; the Wal-Mart; the tour of the new model affordable home; at the bank applying for the low interest loan; and the voting machine.

AND what Idiot thinks they are gonna LEAVE?

They aren't gonna LEAVE, they're gonna sneak all the relatives in illegally and cram 'em into that new house they got, that you didn't, 'cuz they got there first and there was a whole lot more of them than you!

Grrrrrrrrr!!!

NO GUEST WORKER PROGRAM, not now, not ever.

They can't spew that spin and expect it to stay down our gullets.

Heck no, we're the ALIPAC ALLEY CATS and we can all smell the stench of that Rat Trap from one end of this nation to the other.

I dare say not only is Guest Worker Program doomed to fail, but so would be anyone who supports one.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I like your analogy, Judy!!! My husband used to say that any guest who stayed longer than 3 days was like fish. They begin to STINK! And, that's just about my limit!

NO GUESTWORKER PROGRAM. This is just NOT going to fly anymore. Every single Senator I've heard recently is still STUCK ON STUPID. They STILL think we are going to buy into that plan. Are they READING their MAIL??? Are they reading their FAXES??? Are they listening to the PHONE CALLS from the people who ELECTED THEM??? They MUST be missing SOMETHING.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Grrrrrrrrr!!!

NO GUEST WORKER PROGRAM, not now, not ever.
    AMEN JUDY!
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

The truth is El Presidente has somewhere around sixteen million people in the U.S. that he cannot control in any way, shape or form. They control him. He knows it, so he wants to call them "guest workers" to avoid the truth from being noticed. They wouldn't care what he says, whatever he would ever tell them to do, is VOID from the get go.

They can break the laws, they can abuse the welfare system, they don't have to pay taxes, and they don't have to pay bills, they don't have to do anything they don't want to do. And in fact they're not about to do anything they don't want to. They know, well, what's he going to do, when there are so many of us. We will just "relocate".

They play by their own rules.

He wants to AVOID CONFRONTING THEM BECAUSE HE KNOWS they will not comply with any presidential order of any kind.

He's just some war monger in their eyes named Jorge Bush. They know that the more of them that come to the U.S. the more they weaken any authority over them by any president.

President Bush doesn't want anyone to NOTICE that his authority STOPS with illegal aliens. You're not suppose to realize or notice that. THAT is why a "guest worker" program is the Bush Administration's plan to avoid any confrontation with them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

George Bush thought that by letting them all in one of the benefits was cheap labor. Unfortunately, it has backfired on him.

Millions of Americans saw it coming. We tried to speak up, but we were ignored. We were called racists and all the other names. Well, you can't promote lawlessness and then expect lawfulness. Laws either matter or they don't matter. That's where the danger lies in this kind of mindless leadership.

Now this "inability to do anything mentality" has trickled down to the local police level. That's why they seem unable to deal with people who are illegally running around the U.S.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That is EXACTLY my feeling, Legal, about the lawLESSness and lawFULness. If you are capable of ignoring ONE law, you are capable of ignoring ALL laws. That's just a simple FACT. I don't CARE what their reasons, or EXCUSES, are for wanting to come here. That is just irrelevant. The ONLY thing that is relevant in this argument is that, if they have broken a law to GET here, they don't belong here. AND, as far as ANY of the ones who have been deported at least once being able to get a LEGAL visa, I am just against it. I think that, if they have come here once illegally, they should NEVER be able to come here LEGALLY. We just don't need to INVITE trouble and I believe that's what we would be doing by allowing them this "path to citizenship". This is NOT the kind of IMMIGRANT we want in our country. We have enough trouble with lawbreakers without INVITING them to come from other countries to join the hoards of lawbreakers already here.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton