Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GRINGO IS A SLUR....

To the person who maintains this board:

"GRINGO" is a national, racial, and ethnic SLUR, and is used ONLY as a derogatory term.

I suggest that you regard it as such from this time foreward, and treat it in the same way that you treat slurs which indicate Mexican origin.

If you are going to try to be respectful of Mexicans and other groups, then it is incumbent upon you to be equally respectful of White Europeans (WE).

To those who read this board: I suggest that, starting now, you neither accept, nor allow the use of the word "GRINGO" in any media, whether broadcast or print, and that you contact any the manager or management of any media which uses that offensive term.

MAMIE: Thanks........don't worry about the name.......being AMERICAN is more important!

[b]NEW PRESIDENT[/b]

We have to TELL our parties that we are UNITED on the ILLEGAL ALIEN issues. At this time, neither the Democratic nor Republican parties has a CLEAR, DEFINABLE position on what to do with the ILLEGAL ALIENS already in the United States, nor what to do to prevent more of them from breaking into America in the future.

If WE (and I don't mean White Europeans) don't tell THEM what WE want, then the political parties will present us with two weak-kneed idiots to pick from when it comes time to vote Bush into the annals of infamy. (By "we", I mean LEGAL American citizens of all races and backgrounds - except for all people of Islamic faith)

For the record, I exclude people of Islamic faith because their faith is in every way, incompatible with Western ideals and freedoms, and their faith demands automatic opposition to even the most basic concepts of DEMOCRACY. I wish it were not so, but I prefer being honest to being killed.

If that honest expression of belief based on precedent and fact is enough to get me kicked off of this board, then this is not the forum for me.

Diego, I think you have made an excellent point about the word "Gringo".
    You know I never thought it was too bad of a word, but I think you're right. I think we should start screaming and having a royal American ACLU fit over it !!

As far as getting banned for what you've expressed, I doubt very seriously that you will. You have clearly come across as someone who is not intentionally being unfair or interested in causing anyone harm in anyway.

I am sure that William might comment on what you said, however he is a very reasonable, fair minded and good person, not to mention a GREAT American, so please do not feel that he will be unreasonable with you.

In the meantime, I think you've made an excellent point about our "quiet acceptance" of this word.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

To those who read this board: I suggest that, starting now, you neither accept, nor allow the use of the word "GRINGO" in any media, whether broadcast or print, and that you contact any the manager or management of any media which uses that offensive term.
    Diego (James,) you are representative of the type of people who made this country what it is today. Thank you.

I've heard the word "Gringo" and a few other choice names that would sound innocent enough in the proper context spit out around this neck of the desert thousands of times over the past ten years. I've heard names that I've learned are never meant as a compliment for anyone, anywhere, any time. They are getting more frequent and more vicious.

I don't think you should have to change your name to anything, but that is your choice. It appears that many names have been changed to something completely different than what they started out being and many have been amended to take away a string of letters or an ending that dentoes a specific nationality in hopes of Americanizing it over the years. I appreciate the sentiment, that is for certain, but I find it a shame that people should have to find it necessary to do that in order to make a statement just because our government doesn't have brains enough to close the borders and guard the ports and airports more diligently to stop illegals from getting in here.

I have long been dead set against hyphenated-Americans who deliberately choose to set themselves apart for whatever reason. I find that question on polls, on applications and other documents asking a person's nationality and race offensive. We are either Americans or we are not Americans. There is no middle ground. It is a shame that our own government has been instrumental in making this an issue to be reckoned with.

And William will value your presence here as much as the rest of us do, I'm quite certain.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    I heard that ICE may be mobilizing for the day of the march as well. Has anyone else heard that?
    Wow. I hope you heard right jp. It would be wonderful to have even a few picked up. That way it will scare them all back into the woodwork.
    But I'll believe it when I see it.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: [b]NEW PRESIDENT[/b]

Quote Originally Posted by Diego
    We have to TELL our parties that we are UNITED on the ILLEGAL ALIEN issues. At this time, neither the Democratic nor Republican parties has a CLEAR, DEFINABLE position on what to do with the ILLEGAL ALIENS already in the United States, nor what to do to prevent more of them from breaking into America in the future.

If WE (and I don't mean White Europeans) don't tell THEM what WE want, then the political parties will present us with two weak-kneed idiots to pick from when it comes time to vote Bush into the annals of infamy. (By "we", I mean LEGAL American citizens of all races and backgrounds - except for all people of Islamic faith)

For the record, I exclude people of Islamic faith because their faith is in every way, incompatible with Western ideals and freedoms, and their faith demands automatic opposition to even the most basic concepts of DEMOCRACY. I wish it were not so, but I prefer being honest to being killed.

If that honest expression of belief based on precedent and fact is enough to get me kicked off of this board, then this is not the forum for me.
    Diego, we kick people off our boards for violating the rules found at the top of these forums.

You are welcome to express yourself here and organize here as long as you do not have some fringe group agenda or violate our rules. In one of your posts above our word censors caught a racist term that is now blocked out R*******R

You need to explain yourelf on his one. If you attempt to use any racist language on our boards you will be banned.

W

Heck I'm thinking of change my handle from CIO to Old Gringo.

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    I heard that ICE may be mobilizing for the day of the march as well. Has anyone else heard that?
    I've heard that rumor all over the place too. I also heard that they are even staying home today and sunday because they are afraid of ICE raids.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Heck I'm thinking of change my handle from CIO to Old Gringo.
    Actually, if you got called a gringo or a gringa enough times and had the word spit in your face, you wouldn't be fond of it at all. I think it should be one of those words that gets erased from the boards entirely. I got called a "gringa" a couple times yesterday. I imagine if I go out anywhere today, I'd hear it again.

Hopefully, all the hate monger racists who call people those types of names in this city will stay home Monday, May 1, so I won't hear it at all for a change.

I like Diego!!! I like his attitude!!!

Hey Diego, Welcome!!! I like you and your attitude!!! Everything you said about illegal aliens is true, so help me God!!! Never apologize to any illegal aliens for your viewpoint on illegal alien criminals and illegal immigration. They are the ones who, like my ex-husband did, need to APOLOGIZE for invading our country by entering illegally. They need to be deported.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast