Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

May Jobs: HISPANICS GAIN�Whites Lose

http:// vdare. com/ rubenstein/060604_nd.htm

June 04, 2006
    National Data, By Edwin S. Rubenstein

May Jobs: Hispanics Gain�Whites Lose

While headlines focused on a surprisingly weak May jobs figure, the �other� employment survey�based on households rather than businesses�recorded a whopping 288,000 gain in total employment. Ethnic Hispanics received nearly one-quarter of the total, or nearly twice their labor force share.

Because so many Hispanics are immigrants or children of immigrants, Hispanic employment is the best proxy we have for the impact of immigration on employment.

Here are the May employment gains by racial group:
    bullet Total: +288,000 (+0.20%)
    bullet Hispanic: +65,000 (+0.33%)
    bullet White: +103,000 (+0.05%)
    bullet Black: +35,000 (+0.14%)

In percentage terms, Hispanic job growth was more than six-times that of whites and twice that of Blacks.

This is happening, or course, because Hispanic immigrants are cheaper than U.S.-born workers. Many are paid �off the books��freeing their employers of the onerous burden of payroll taxes and unemployment compensation.

At least part of May�s increase may be attributable to the heightened prospect of amnesty, now that the Senate bill has passed.

Unemployment data show white workers losing ground to both Hispanics and Blacks. In May the number of unemployed Hispanics fell by 74,000, or 6.7 percent; unemployed Blacks fell by 83,000, or by 5.1 percent. But the white unemployment count rose by 19,000 persons�or by 0.4 percent.

Although the White unemployment rate in May (4.1 percent) was below that of Hispanics (5.0 percent) and Blacks (8.9 percent), the gap is obviously narrowing.

Monthly changes in Hispanic and non-Hispanic employment since the start of the Bush Administration , expressed as an index number, are tracked in the following graphic:

From January 2001 to May 2006 Hispanic employment rose by 3,423,000, or 21.5 percent, while non-Hispanic employment increased by 2,777,000, or 2.3 percent. The ratio of the growth rates, which we call VDAWDI (the V-Dare. com American Worker Displacement Index) rose to a record 118.5 in May from 118.3 the prior month.
    CLICK LINK TO SEE CHART
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Very interesting article.
    More evidence that we are headed down a path of disaster.
    WAKE UP AMERICA!!!
    <div align="center">"IF it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight-Dial 1-800-USMC"</div>

Yes, this is an interesting article and disturbing.

Just so happens I ate out recently at a chain buffet where I noticed by appearance, name tags and hearing Spanish spoken that the majority (i.e., 2/3 to 3/4 my estimate) of employees were Hispanic. I noticed this with the main buffet line including cashier, food servers/preparers and wait staff.

I had not eaten at this chain in two years and was shocked. Note: This is NOT a national steak house chain where I've noticed the same trend.

If it hadn't happened to be my daughter's birthday - she chose the restaurant because it's one of her favorites - and she had not brought a friend along to eat, I would have walked right out the door.

I will be contacting this company very soon as well as the well-known steak house and some fast food chains to express my disapproval and tell them they've lost my future business until they hire only US citizens including legal immigrants. They also should not discriminate in employment. Their employees should represent the percentages of different groups in the population, not hire mainly from one.

It has been reported many times that North Carolina has one of the fastest growing Hispanic populations, mostly Mexican, and the majority are illegal aliens, not legal immigrants.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Hi 2nd,

Total: +288,000 (+0.20%)
    Hispanic: +65,000 (+0.33%)
    White: +103,000 (+0.05%)
    Black: +35,000 (+0.14%)

Surprise!!!! But of course, this is all WAWD (work Americans won't do).
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

This is a sad fact for both White and Black Americans.

The American working class is going down, thanks to Bush

They also should not discriminate in employment. Their employees should represent the percentages of different groups in the population, not hire mainly from one.
    The powers that be fully anticipated that argument and nipped it in the bud with their preemptive "they only do the jobs Americans won't do" campaign.

Gee, whats an employer to do?