Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexican flag flies over Chasewood North in Jupiter . . . at

http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/ar ... 39,00.html

Residents of the Central Boulevard complex were surprised by weekend switch
    By KIT BRADSHAW
    kit.bradshaw@scripps.com
    March 29, 2006
    The Stars and Stripes have been replaced by the Mexican flag at Chasewood North, and residents of the condominium community off Central Boulevard are puzzled as to who made the switch.

"I woke up Sunday morning and looked up from my patio and then realized that the American flag wasn't on the flagpole," said Sue Miller a Chasewood North board member. "What captured my attention were the colors — at first I thought it was an Italian flag, but one of our residents said it was the Mexican flag.

Advertisement
    "I went to the flagpole, to see if the American flag was maybe on the ground, but they took it, and they cut the rope to get the American flag down and the Mexican flag up as well."

A best estimate of when the switch took place is Saturday night. Chasewood South, which also has a flagpole at its entrance was untouched; its American flag was still flying from its 20-foot flagpole.

At the present time, Congress is in the midst of a debate about immigration, seeking to radically change the immigration laws, perhaps by allowing the approximately 11 million illegal immigrants in the country to have a path to citizenship. But Miller said she can't figure out why this national debate would result in the American flag being stolen and replaced by a Mexican flag in Chasewood North.

"I'm flabbergasted that someone would do this, and I'm wondering why here," Miller said. "We have some Hispanic residents here, but not a large Hispanic population, and I'm curious if this occurred anywhere else in town."

It may be several weeks before the Stars and Stripes once again fly over Chasewood North, according to Miller, who at one time was the resident manager of the complex.

"We tried to get the flag down but couldn't, so we need to hire a company with a boom truck to get up there and replace the rope and put up the American flag," she said. "I would guesstimate that this would cost $500 or more to do."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"We tried to get the flag down but couldn't, so we need to hire a company with a boom truck to get up there and replace the rope and put up the American flag," she said. "I would guesstimate that this would cost $500 or more to do."
    They just keep costing us more and more It would be worth the $500 however, just to get rid of that stupid Mexican flag. It's an invasion, folks, no doubt about it.
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Well, I signed in and left the paper a piece of my mind, or what little I have left of it. That is disgusting, and this article should be sent with a nasty note to every Senator and Congress person out there.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Just another Law broken by someone breaking laws. Now i would guess it was an Illegal person but then they would be offended if i said that out load. Aw the Hell with them. If your Illegal the only Rights you have is to Leave My country. :P
    Your Rights END where MY Rights Begin. You have NO Rights if You Are ILLEGAL.

It should be on the news for all of America to see and hear.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just heard on the Sean Hannity show that the same thing happened at a school in Cali this week. They took the American flag down, put the Mexican flag at the top, then turned the American flag upside down under their flag
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Quote Originally Posted by rebellady1964
    I just heard on the Sean Hannity show that the same thing happened at a school in Cali this week. They took the American flag down, put the Mexican flag at the top, then turned the American flag upside down under their flag
    Rebel I heard this on Hannity on the way home tonight. He then said flying the flag upside down was a sign of distress.

The truth is this country is truly in distress.

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    Quote Originally Posted by rebellady1964
    Rebel I heard this on Hannity on the way home tonight. He then said flying the flag upside down was a sign of distress.

The truth is this country is truly in distress.
    I believe that pictures like this one will fuel the fire even more. I have noticed that we have alot of new people here at ALIPAC and I do believe that the Mexican's protests and the Mexican flags really opened some eyes. I've had alot of phone calls this week from people who know that I am an activist here(ones who previously were not interested in our cause) asking how to help. I, of course, tell them to join ALIPAC and make those phone calls to our senators and congressmen and let them know how DOWNRIGHT WRONG it is to let this kind of thing occur here in America. Tell them that we want our borders secured and no guestworker/amnesty. I am so glad that "show" the Mexicans put on in our streets is backfiring on them

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Is it just me or is the area claimed to be that "Aztlan" crap growing?
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast