Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I think that the Mexican Nationals IN Mexico who will be protesting "Nothing Gringo" are on the right track. For years their economy has been run by self-serving Spaniards to the natives misfortune. That US corporations, NAFTA, and others are also picking at the bones of the people is no less a cause for revolt.

Unfortunately, I think the Mexican Nationals confused the issue by finding solidarity with the Illegal Aliens protests here. It was their choice to come here illegally, take jobs and take benefits from the US born and legal here that the Illegal Aliens are NOT entitled to.
    As such is the case, Mexican Nationals in Mexico should realize that they have more in common with the US born who fight against Illegal Immigration. Illegals who come here to work for 'Gringos' who exploit them, are only strengthing the US and Multi-National globalization of Servitude .

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    "Don't Buy Gringo Products. Long live the Boycott,"
    What do you guys think of the word, "gringo" ? They use it all the time and I read here where one of our members said that it is actually a very racisit and bad word. I'm curious as too whether WE should take it very SERIOUSLY as we would ANY and ALL racist words. What do you guys think?
    It's just a word, don't let it bother you. I say let them use it all they want to show how racist and hypocritical they are.
    It can only hurt their cause. Personally I find it amusing, it exposes their low self esteem.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What do you guys think of the word, "gringo" ? They use it all the time and I read here where one of our members said that it is actually a very racisit and bad word. I'm curious as too whether WE should take it very SERIOUSLY as we would ANY and ALL racist words. What do you guys think?

Are we too nice by letting this ride ? Or does this word not matter. Or do we not matter enough to decide about this word ? (Just being sarcastic).

I know we matter and I think IT'S ABOUT TIME we start to treat ourselves as we would treat others and watch out for ourselves and STAND UP FOR OURSELVES.
    I believe the word "Gringo" has to do with some soldiers wearing green uniforms, being told to Go-Green,,, aka Gringos not sure of the entire story.

Funny how they can call us Pilgrams and Gringos, but we can't say Aliens!!

I asked a Mexican national one time about what 'Gringo' means. His reply was that it means Green Gold, which would be the paper money of the United States.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

gringo originally referring to elite europeans in latin amer

The word gringo was originally used in latin america to describe elitists settlers with money(regardless of skin color/ethnicity). This now deraugatory term went out in the early 1900's. The word gringo was used as a descriptive word meaning those who had money. It had nothing to do with nationality etc. It was a term used by euro descendants, indigenous, mestizos (because unlike mexico, race was not and is not an issue-stupidity in south america is an issue(however mexico links it to social class in South America by trying to turn the natives against both the mestizo as well as euro descended in latin america)) -basically all citizens of the pre-industrial latin america-however it was used in a gigglish, accepting, sarcastic sense.

Hey!! This is great news that the Mexicans in Mexico are protesting and demanding better wages and the purchase of their own products. This is outstanding and long over-due. All their relatives here illegally need to pack up and go hit the streets of Mexico and demand higher wages and health insurance and paid sick leave and maternity leave and 401 Ks and profit-sharing and paid vacation and a 40 hour work week and automatic over-time and social security and it's fine with me if they say "Gringo Go Home" because after all:

We want all our industries back in the USA where they belong, right?

GO MEXICO!!

Get US out of Mexico!!

Get Mexico out of US!!

Then you can buy our products we make here and we'll buy your products you make there and be great friends!!

It's so simple and...so legal...don't you LOVE IT?

Ole!!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

As for myself, I take great pride in the fact that I never learned Spanish and NEVER INTEND TO! So I don't know what gringo means. It couldn't have a meaning that is worse than the way the hispanics are slapping us around with their "YOU OWE ME EVERYTHING" blather. They surely aren't too proud to take our tax-funded benefits while calling us bad names.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12