Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

  1. #1
    Senior Member LawEnforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,219

    Minutemen's Adopt-A-Highway sign replaced !!!!

    http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/nort ... 4sign.html

    By Leslie Berestein
    UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

    7:34 p.m. July 24, 2008


    OCEANSIDE – A group opposed to illegal immigration that sued the state transportation department over the removal of its Adopt-A-Highway sign got a replacement Thursday.

    Caltrans announced that, as required by a court order late last month, it had replaced the San Diego Minutemen's sign in its previous spot along northbound Interstate 5 near the Border Patrol's San Clemente checkpoint.



    The activists obtained state approval to participate in the highway shoulder cleanup program in November and, while they initially applied for a portion of state Route 78, were given the spot on Interstate 5.



    They sued Caltrans, alleging free-speech discrimination, after the agency reassigned them in January to a stretch of state Route 52 near Santee, a spot they refused to take.



    Caltrans officials cited safety reasons for the move, saying the controversial group might become a target or otherwise prompt a disturbance along the freeway. The location of the activists' sign near the checkpoint had drawn the ire of several critics, among them local Latino groups and some state elected officials.



    While the lawsuit remains pending, a federal judge last month ordered the agency to reinstate the group's permit to conduct highway shoulder cleanups at the original site. The agency had 30 days to restore the permit and sign.



    On Thursday, the group's attorney, Howard Kaloogian, said he hadn't seen the sign, but that he had heard from others that it was back up. He said the group was waiting for a new permit to schedule shoulder cleanups again. According to Caltrans, however, a new permit isn't needed, and the group is free to resume cleanup activities.



    Kaloogian said there was no new hearing date set for the lawsuit. Caltrans said the sign is to remain in place unless there is another court decision made as part of the ongoing suit.

  2. #2
    Senior Member cvangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,450
    I bet Enrique Morones is having a fit!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Santa Clarita Ca
    Posts
    9,714
    How sweet it is!

  4. #4
    Senior Member LawEnforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,219
    28 days after a Federal Judge ruled that Caltrans did "irreparable harm" to the Constitutional rights of the San Diego Minutemen by unlawfully revoking our legal highway permit, thereby squelching our free speech, Caltrans finally put our sign back up today that they had ripped out of the ground in the middle of the night on Jan. 28th.

    We are all thrilled to see our adopt-a-highway recognition sign back up standing more proudly than ever. The U.S. Constitution has thankfully trumped the lies and coercion of the La Raza illegal alien activists and the corrupt California Mexican Caucus, especially Assemblymember Lori Saldana who joined forces with Enrique Morones late last year to wage a destruction crusade against the fine, multi-ethnic Patriots of the San Diego Minutemen. Her dirty scam on the citizens has been exposed!

    Judge Hayes saw clear evidence that even the Mexican Government, via their Consulate in San Diego and agents like Morones who works for the Mexican Govt., put pressure on Caltrans to violate their own rules and the American Constitution, which District Director Pedro Delgado and Director Will Kempton then caved in to (see attachment).

    We've all won a huge battle against the open border reconquistas and their agents in elected office, but the war is not over. Caltrans has still not given us our second AAH site on southbound I-5 that they unlawfully denied to us on May 15th. They are obviously still trying to please Saldana, Gil Cedillo and their ilk rather than follow their own written regulations and the LAW! We will be asking them one more time, nicely to give us that site or we will haul them back into Federal Court where will again hold them accountable for their deeds.

    Also, the entire program is still suspended for new applicants while they continue to attempt to rewrite their regulations to exclude pro-law enforcement and border security groups from participating. That will never pass Constitution muster either. They are just wasting time and millions of precious taxpayer dollars. This long suspension is also leaving many California highways uncleaned or having to hire work crews to clean them. Gov. Schwarzenegger needs to get control of our state now, before the pro-alien liberals and special interest groups in Sacramento destroy it completely.

    Thank you to Americans nationwide who helped us win this critical legal fight for our rights and to have our message heard by all America!

    We dedicate this adopted freeway site to Border Patrol Agents Nacho Ramos and Jose Compean who are still fighting for their rights and freedoms that were stripped from them by corrupt Federal Government forces in the George W. Bush Administration.

    Now lets all work to get these American heroes out of prison!! The time is now to release these political prisoners!


    Photos Courtesy of Mark B.






    The San Diego Minutemen sign stands proudly next to Camp Pendleton (home of my 1st Marine
    Division) and right before the U.S. Border Patrol Station at San Onofre! There is no better spot in
    all of San Diego County for the dedicated Patriots of SDMM to be recognized!

    Cheers!!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Santa Clarita Ca
    Posts
    9,714
    Who was the judge?

  6. #6
    Senior Member LawEnforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    Who was the judge?
    District Judge William Q. Hayes

  7. #7
    Senior Member Populist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,085
    Good news, but downright scary that the radical ethnocentric interests and politicians almost succeeded in squelching speech that they deem politically unacceptable.

  8. #8
    Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,603

    OCEANSIDE: In clash with Minutemen, Caltrans fights on

    OCEANSIDE: In clash with Minutemen, Caltrans fights on
    State agency files response to lawsuit, demands jury trial
    By CRAIG TENBROECK - Staff Writer | Friday, July 25, 2008 6:13 PM PDT ∞

    OCEANSIDE ---- Caltrans isn't backing down in its legal battle with the San Diego Minutemen, despite a federal judge's assessment last month that the Minutemen's free-speech discrimination lawsuit against the state agency has a "high probability of success."

    On Friday, Caltrans filed its formal answer to the lawsuit, demanding a jury trial and denying allegations that Caltrans violated the Minutemen's constitutional rights by removing an Adopt-A-Highway sign bearing the group's name.

    Earlier in the day, legal representatives for the Minutemen discussed the case with Caltrans attorneys, said Howard Kaloogian, a former state assemblyman who is representing the anti-illegal immigration group.

    "They (Caltrans) indicated that they're going to continue to fight," said Kaloogian, who wasn't at the meeting but was briefed on it by a member of his firm.

    "I am shocked that they still don't see the First Amendment issue," he added. "To me it's glaring. It's obvious. To the court it was obvious. And they still don't see it."

    The Minutemen sued Caltrans in January after the agency took down the sign and revoked the group's permit to clean up trash near the San Clemente Border Patrol checkpoint.

    Caltrans officials said they were concerned about vandalism and confrontations along the busy freeway.

    The Minutemen accused the agency of bowing to the group's critics.

    Last month, Judge William Q. Hayes issued a preliminary injunction ordering Caltrans to replace the Minutemen's sign and reinstate the permit pending trial.

    There is "little, if any, evidence" that the Minutemen's participation in the Adopt-A-Highway program at that location posed a safety hazard, Hayes said.

    Caltrans put the sign back on Thursday.

    "The Minutemen are free to resume the cleaning of northbound I-5, within their assigned Adopt-a-Highway location," Caltrans spokesman Ed Cartagena said Friday in an e-mail.

    The lawsuit is still pending. No hearings have been scheduled.

    Jeff Schwilk, founder of the Minutemen, said Friday that he had only seen pictures of the replacement sign but was "thrilled" to see it back.

    "We are going to do a cleanup there, eventually," Schwilk said. "Nothing this weekend or anything that soon. But we'll do another cleanup in due time."

    Last month, Caltrans announced that it had temporarily stopped processing permits for its Adopt-A-Highway program so that officials could review the program guidelines. The suspension did not affect groups already enrolled in the program.

    Contact staff writer Craig TenBroeck at (760) 901-4062 or ctenbroeck@nctimes.com.




    http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/07 ... 585734.txt
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
    95,000 Americans killed by illegal aliens since 9-11

  9. #9
    lateone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    295
    I bet Enrique Morones is having a fit!

    You would think that having the word " Moron " as part of your name would be a bad thing.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •