NC Mexican Consul General Visits Rockingham County Sheriff Sam Page

Sheriff Sam Page Extends Invitation to NC Mexican Consul General to Visit Rockingham County Sheriff’s Office
Date of Release: April 16, 2012
(Wentworth, NC) – On Wednesday March 28th, 2012 Rockingham County Sheriff Sam Page, along with other Sheriff’s from across North Carolina, attended the House Immigration Committee Meeting held in Raleigh, NC. This was the fourth of six scheduled meetings, allowing the legislative committee to listen to all sides pertaining to the North Carolina Immigration Policy.
Sheriff Page has attended all of these meetings to date, making himself available to the committee for any law enforcement questions and concerns. It had been reported that the Mexican Consul General for North Carolina, Carlos Flores Vizcarra, would be present to address to the committee on March 28th, however during the meeting it was announced that Mr. Vizcarra had a conflict and would not be able to that day.
Following the meeting, Sheriff Page extended an invitation to the Consul General’s Office in Raleigh to meet and discuss Mr. Vizcarra’s thoughts on the current immigration laws and solutions for the future. “I was really looking forward to hearing commentary from the Consul General on North Carolina’s Immigration policies”, said Page.
Mr. Vizcarra graciously accepted Sheriff’s Page’s invitation and the two met at the Sheriff’s Office in Wentworth, NC on Wednesday April 4th. During their meeting, Mr. Vizcarra provided an informative 1 ½ hour Powerpoint presentation covering the services provided to Mexican Nationals residing in NC, Matriculate Consular Identifications, the Mobile Consulate Program, recent Census information, economic impact, and information regarding trade between the US and Mexico.
Sheriff Page and Mr. Vizcarra also discussed, US Border Security and policies, issues surrounding the Mexican Cartels and their impact and operations inside the US borders, and the impact of Criminal Illegal Aliens on Rockingham County and North Carolina.
“I really appreciated this opportunity to discuss my concerns about the future of our US Immigration Laws with the Mexican Consul General, our relationship with Mexico; and where our US Congress is at currently in dealing with these important issues. The truth of the matter is that we have over 11 million Undocumented Aliens living within the US, and I, along with many others, are awaiting answers from Congress on what they are willing to do to secure our national borders and discuss solutions to the issues surrounding our present immigration laws. I was very impressed with the Consul General. He and I agreed on two very important issues: He supports legal immigrations and agrees we need to better secure our porous US Borders. I don’t know where these discussions will lead, but I greatly appreciate the opportunity to have met and dialogued with Mr. Vizcarra about issues not only affecting Rockingham County and North Carolina, but the rest of our nation as well”, said Sheriff Sam Page.

NC Mexican Consul General Visits Rockingham County Sheriff Sam Page | Rockingham Update – RCENO.com