Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NCLR-SORRY, CHARLIE

http://www.nclr.org/content/news/detail/42246/

Sep 21, 2006

SORRY, CHARLIE, THE CLEAR ACT IS STILL BAD LEGISLATION

Washington, DC – In response to an ad hominen attack today by Rep. Charlie Norwood (R-GA), the National Council of La Raza (NCLR) reiterated its opposition to the CLEAR Act, legislation that will compel overworked, untrained law enforcement personnel into enforcing complex federal immigration laws, in addition to fulfilling their other duties.

“The CLEAR Act undermines the ability of law enforcement to do its job and compromises public safety. That stance has earned us yet another hit piece from Congressman Norwood in which he calls us ‘radical’ and ‘un-American.’ In a Dear Colleague letter today, Congressman Luis Gutierrez listed more than 100 law enforcement organizations and officials who also oppose the CLEAR Act for the same reasons we do. Surely Rep. Norwood doesn’t believe that they are ‘radical’ and ‘un-American,’ too.” said Janet Murguía, NCLR President and CEO.

“In a series of letters, we have patiently explained to Congressman Norwood who we are – an American institution founded nearly 40 years ago to help open the door to the American Dream to all Latinos – and educating him about our history, our network of community-based organizations serving millions every day of the year, the work we do in housing, health care, and education, and even what our name actually means. He has yet to give the courtesy of a reply or to respond to our request for a meeting, yet he continues to mischaracterize our organization and its work,” noted Murguía.

“Given recent news reports, we are not surprised by Congressman Norwood’s failure to acknowledge our request. With all due respect to Rep. Norwood, he has a record of attacking those who disagree with him,” continued Murguía.

Murguía cited an article in the Gainesville Times which quoted Norwood as stating at a hearing, “What I wanted was witnesses who agree with me, not disagree with me,” after a Congressional Research Service official testified that research does not support the Congressman’s view on the impact of immigrants. Rep. Norwood told the official that he planned to complain to her superiors.

“At the end of the day, Congressman Norwood can call us and everyone else who disagrees with him all the names he wants, but it doesn’t change the facts – the CLEAR Act is still bad legislation that will adversely affect the safety of not just the Latino community, but all Americans,” continued Murguía.

“Finally, it is our understanding that ethics rules prohibit House members from using taxpayer funds to carry out electioneering activities. We note in this context that Rep. Norwood’s press release, which was released on his congressional office letterhead, urges voters to threaten to ‘throw out’ members of Congress based on their votes on this issue. This has the appearance of a violation of House rules, and we therefore request that the appropriate body investigate. If it is confirmed that Rep. Norwood violated House rules, we urge him to reimburse the U.S. Treasury for this misuse of funds and issue a public apology,” concluded Murguía.
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    “....we are – an American institution founded nearly 40 years ago to help open the door to the American Dream to all Latinos
    I think the operative words here are 'all Latinos", as in all who choose to illegally cross our borders.

@#(^#$^$_@&_#

Oh PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

When are these people going to realize that we are onto their idiotic games?

We know how you operate and you are not fooling those of us that do our research! NOT ONE TIME have I EVER heard your groups dispute the FACTS! Why, because YOU CAN'T and YOU KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CHARLIE NORWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

NCLR has got nothing!! Bumpkus!! If people don't see through
    this, maybe we don't deserve to take the country back from
    these weenies.

the CLEAR Act is still bad legislation that will adversely affect the safety of not just the Latino community, but all Americans,” continued Murguía
    HEY!!!!!!!! Don't go speaking for me. Get this La Raza, don't go running your head on behalf of Americans because you don't represent any Americans that I know.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Take away their tax-exempt status!!!! They are forbid, by law, to lobby or to take part in "Get-Out-the Vote". Their function is to suck all the money they can from the taxpayers to spread around the Latino world in order for them to gain as much power as possible.

They claim the La Raza part only refers to the "community." and is not racist. BS, nice cover-up, but it fools nobody! Anytime a group of whites get together for ANY reason, they automatically become a "supremist" group, yet they can do this all day long. What if there was S.P.E.E.? (Society for Preservation of European Ethnicity)? Even though it could only be a cultural thing, it would be lambasted by these people and others as Nazis, racists, bigots, and worse. White people aren't allowed anything anymore. You can't possibly be proud. What ever happen to equal treatment. It seems reverse discrimination has become the rule, nowadays.

Could La Raza be more transparent?
    I freed thousands of slaves; I could have freed more if they knew they were slaves.
    --Harriet Tubman

I agree, they should loose ALL taxpayer funding.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: NCLR-SORRY, CHARLIE

“Finally, it is our understanding that ethics rules prohibit House members from using taxpayer funds to carry out electioneering activities. We note in this context that Rep. Norwood’s press release, which was released on his congressional office letterhead, urges voters to threaten to ‘throw out’ members of Congress based on their votes on this issue. This has the appearance of a violation of House rules, and we therefore request that the appropriate body investigate. If it is confirmed that Rep. Norwood violated House rules, we urge him to reimburse the U.S. Treasury for this misuse of funds and issue a public apology,” concluded Murguía.
    I would like to point out that Janet Margula and/or the National Council of La Raza hasviolated IRS Tax Code for the past 40 years operating as a 501 C 3 Tax-Exempt Public Charity while abusing hundreds of millions of tax payer exempted funds to perform lobbying activities to influence elections and public policy of the United States in direct violation of IRC pertaining to 501 C 3 Tax-Exempt Status.

If I were Congressman Norwood, I would demand a Congressional Investigation of NCLR and its 300 Affiliates throughout the United States that I'm certain would result in more than sufficient evidence to revoke their tax exempt status; require all the criminals to repay the funds improperly used for the past 40 years to end our nation; and send these arrogant Traitors to Jail.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Speaking of NCLR,

from their site "National Council of La Raza (NCLR), the largest national Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization in the U.S." COULD ANYTHING BE MORE RACIST THAN THIS?

and did you know you can register to vote on-line? I didn't until I saw it on NCLR with a link to the government site.

National Council of La Raza/ The Home Depot National Hiring Partnership http://www.nclr.org/content/programs/detail/30737/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast