Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Politically-timed raids won't save Demon Bush

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/005032.htm

POLITICALLY-TIMED IMMIGRATION RAIDS
    By Michelle Malkin · April 20, 2006 09:05 AM

I speak regularly with dedicated men and women who work for the Department of Homeland Security, and especially agents from across the country who work for the Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

I can tell you based on my reporting over the last five years that the Bush administration's belated efforts to look tough on immigration enforcement at worksites amount to a cynical, politically timed effort to salvage the White House's guest worker program dreams and schemes. I'm referring to this story linked prominently today on Drudge and spread elsewhere:

Federal immigration authorities rounded up more than 1,000 illegal immigrants at dozens of sites and charged nine individuals of the firm that employed them, federal law enforcement officials announced. Seven current and former managers of IFCO Systems, which has offices in several states, were arrested and charged in connection with the employment of illegal immigrants, said U.S. Attorney Glenn Suddaby in Albany, New York.

Suddaby said two lower level employees were also charged in the case.

Wednesday's action against IFCO Systems -- an industry leader in the manufacture of wooden pallets, crates and containers -- came as Homeland Security and Justice Department officials prepared to announce steps to toughen internal enforcement of the nation's immigration laws.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials said Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff and other Bush administration officials and a federal prosecutor will appear at the agency's Washington headquarters Thursday. They will announce the new strategy aimed at employers and disclose the results of the enforcement actions targeting IFCO Systems.

Customs officials said agents made more than a thousand arrests in nearly 40 locations including Houston, Texas; Cincinnati, Ohio; Phoenix, Arizona; and Albany, New York.

Well, this is all sounds good and tough...until you look at the Bush administration's record for the last several years. Don't be fooled.

For those covering DHS Secretary Chertoff's press conference today, ask him to explain this:

employerstats.jpg
    Via Edwin S. Rubenstein. Sources: GAO, "Immigration Enforcement: Weaknesses Hinder Employment Verification and Worksite Enforcement Efforts," August 2005. Figures 3, 4, and 5. (1999-2004.); Dept. of Homeland Security, 2003 Yearbook of Immigration Statistics, September 2004. Table 39. (1997-199; Dept. of Homeland Security, 2001 Statistical Yearbook, Table 61. (1992-1996).

As Rubenstein points out, this means that from 1997 to 2003, worksite arrests under the Bush administration fell by a factor of some 97 percent since 1997--and plunged by another 2/3rds by 2004.

Where have they been all this time?

As for getting tough on employers, Rubenstein also notes these stunning statistics: "[O]f the 3,064 workforce investigations closed [in 2004], fines were imposed in just 3 (three!) of them – one out of one thousand. . By contrast, fines were imposed in about 11 percent of closed investigations in 1997."

Notices of intent to fine employers:

1997: 865
    1999: 417
    2000: 178
    2001: 100
    2003: 162
    2004: 3

Based on my reporting and interviews with ICE agents, I can also tell you that this week's dog-and-pony show will result in very few of the arrested illegal aliens actually being deported. Despite what the administration claims, "catch and release" is still the order of the day.

Just ask local and federal law enforcement officers in the Galveston, Texas, area, where in January of this year, following a collaborative effort between local police and area ICE agents, some 62 illegal aliens were caught at a day labor site...and released after local open-borders activists from LULAC kicked up a fuss and Washington ordered its local ICE agents to cave in. It happens every day.

More Bush-era catch-and-release background:here and here and here. and here. Must-read from indefatigable deportation analyst Juan Mann here.

You want "comprehensive immigration reform?" Then stop talking about making existing problems worse by piling on a new guest worker/amnesty program.

Clean our own house first.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

some 62 illegal aliens were caught at a day labor site...and released after local open-borders activists from LULAC kicked up a fuss and Washington ordered its local ICE agents to cave in. It happens every day.
    Guess LULAC runs the federal goverment also. This turns my stomach and angers me beyond belief!!! No wonder these radicals feel they have so much power because, I guess, they do!

So why is Washington caving in to LULAC? I read today on another thread that all of the illegals arrested in those raids were released. Is that true?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    So why is Washington caving in to LULAC? I read today on another thread that all of the illegals arrested in those raids were released. Is that true?
    Yep. The news got out in spite of someone's efforts to quash it. Homeland Stupidity now claims they are reserving this space for the serious criminals among the illegals arrested. How they determine who is a criminal among individuals with no identification is unclear.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    Yep. The news got out in spite of someone's efforts to quash it. Homeland Stupidity now claims they are reserving this space for the serious criminals among the illegals arrested. How they determine who is a criminal among individuals with no identification is unclear.
    I cant believe that this is happening! It makes my blood boil. So LULAC complained, probably about illegals RIGHTS, and OUR government folded.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    I cant believe that this is happening! It makes my blood boil. So LULAC complained, probably about illegals RIGHTS, and OUR government folded.
    LULAC has their pocket $$$ in our government - whatever's left of it before Jorge turns it into a dictatorship.

I guess the ones who protest the loudest gets the prize, it seems to me the only thing to do is for the 87 percent of us against illegal immigration to get out in force wherever we are in our own towns and cities and raise a little hell! We need to pick a day get some news media coverage on the day and date so we can get our permits to protest and get after it! that seems to be the only thing our government pays any attention to right? We need to stay home from jobs or take vacation days and just do it, if not, our country is going to be owned by the illegals and their families. No longer can Americans stay passive and let our government try to cram this down our throats just so they can sell us down the river for a few votes.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Michael Jerkoff's phony dog and pony show II

Chertoff's dog and pony show crap doesn't fool anybody with the sense God gave a rock even though this nonsense is being hailed by the government-media complex as "harsh treatment" finally getting done. What a joke. Bug-eyed baldy can round up a few hundred illegals and a handful of employers for the cameras, but we all know that after the media spotlight is gone, these illegals and their scumbag employers will slither right back into place and its business as usual for the illegal labor lobby and their co-conspirator cronies in the Department of Do-Nothing Insecurity.

If Jorge Bush and his allies in the treason lobby continue their assault on American sovereignty and the rule of law, they won't be fighting a terrorism overseas in the middle east, they will be fighting it right here in the streets of America. In the opinion of some, that is exactly what those repugnant dirtbags want to occur so they can justify seizing "extra-constitutional" (absolute) power under a declaration of national emergency and complete their plan to erase the sovereignty of the US along with our borders, our Constitutional rights, and impose a globalist political structure. I can think of no other reason why a President, a Congress, and a Senate would sign their own political pink slips, betray their own people, and violate the laws they swore to uphold were it not for absolute power unattainable via our elective system of representative government under the rule of law.

I suppose Jorge Pinata Bush, Red Ted Kennedy, Bill Fistuptheass, Flimsy Graham, Harry Screed, and Manchurian McCain see how well dictator thugs in third world hellholes live and wish to emulate their kind of permanent, insulated power and lavish privilege. Didn't we overthrow a government in 1776 for doing this? In fact, it is the government itself that is overthrowing the legally constituted and lawful goverment of the United States by deliberately and willfully ignoring, violating, and refusing to enforce the laws we elected representatives to pass and enforce. Indeed, it is they who are undermining and overthrowing this lawful government from within which by any other name is simply treason.

Don't forget our friend, Arlen Expectorant

All kidding aside, yes I would agree with you 100%, CaptainAmerica

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast