Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pols asked to bring Milena’s children to U.S.,

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRe...ticleid=148820
    SAN JOSE, COSTA RICA - The mayor of the Costa Rican city that Big Dig victim Milena Del Valle called home is calling on Bay State officials to fulfill the devoted mom’s dream of bringing her three children to America.
    Tunnel tragedy:
    “Make it easy for them,” demanded the mayor of San Jose, Johnny Araya Monge, last night.
    Last week’s tunnel disaster robbed the children of their mother, he told the Herald, it shouldn’t also steal their chance of becoming U.S. citizens.

“I think this family must receive help for legal reasons, for institutional responsibility and for humanitarian reasons,” the mayor added.
    The 38-year-old Del Valle - killed a week ago by falling I-90 Seaport connector tunnel ceiling panels - had been sending money home to her kids planning for the day they’d join her in Boston.
    Some Bay State pols say they’re ready and willing to answer the San Jose mayor’s plea.
    “Absolutely, I will,” said U.S. Rep. Michael Capuano (D-Somerville), when asked if he would help expedite the citizenship process for the children.
    “If and when they call me, I will work on it,” said Capuano, whose district includes the Jamaica Plain neighborhood where Del Valle lived.
    But Capuano said the ultimate discussion would rest with federal immigration officials.
    Del Valle’s children, Raquel Ibarra Mora, 23, Kaleb, 20, and Jeremy, 17, all live in her native Costa Rica.
    At Saturday’s memorial service for Del Valle, her husband, Angel, said when he realized at the tunnel that his bride had died, “I promised her, ‘If your children want to come to the United States, that will be.’ ” Both he and Milena were U.S. citizens.
    “We will certainly do everything in our power to honor her wish to bring her children to the United States,” said Sandra Salstrom, spokeswoman for U.S. Rep. Martin Meehan (D-Lowell). “Milena Del Valle’s family has suffered a tremendous loss, and every consideration should be given to aid her children in immigrating here to be with her husband.”
    Immigration advocates said Del Valle’s separation from her children, whom she solely supported while they remained in Costa Rica, typified the need for immigration reform.
    “The tragedy of Melina’s death isn’t just the tragic failure of the highway system,” said Ali Noorani, executive director of the Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition. “The fact that she was never able to reunite her family was a tragedy of our immigration system.”

It very sad this woman died in the Big Dig collapse however, just because she died does not mean her children deserve or are entitled American citizenship. And these are not little kids they are in almost all adults. The husband, is her second and these kids are from a previous marriage. So their family is still in Costa Rica, not in Masschusetts. The husband is not their real father either. I say they do not deserve special treatment. And so do the other 71% who voted in the poll I am about to post in the Polls area.
    "What part of illegal don't you understand?"

Hate to be cold......but I agree.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Voted "No" Should her children be given special treatment on immigration due to her death?

Poll: Yes 29% No 71%

The Mike Capuano who is my Representative is a dirtbag and I have sent him at least a hundred emails on immigration and will send him another one on this.

And we also have the low-hanging fruit guy in on it as well:

Quote: “The tragedy of Melina’s death isn’t just the tragic failure of the highway system,” said Ali Noorani, executive director of the Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition. “The fact that she was never able to reunite her family was a tragedy of our immigration system.”

And how is that the american taxpayers obligation Ali?
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Maybe it's just me......but it seems almost like we are being tested on how firm the general population is on immigration. The law is the law and it applies to everybody!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think her family is taking advantage of an unfortunate situation. Not to mention the millions of dollars settlement they are going to get when they sue the state. All the rest of us would get is the settlement not special priviledges when it comes to bringing people into this country at the head of the line.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I find it sickening, disgusting and immoral to use those "children" to bait the American public.

I completely agree with crazybird - NO! NO! NO! What part of NO don't you understand?