Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Retroactive to 1847

http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/ci_3533334

Retroactive to 1847

Salt Lake Tribune

Perhaps Rep. Glenn Donnelson, R-North Ogden, should spend more time reading United States and Utah history instead of the U.S. Constitution.

If he did, he would find that what was to become in 1896 the state of Utah was founded by a group of illegal immigrants in 1847 fleeing intolerance and persecution. At that time this land we call Utah was part of a sovereign country called Mexico. The area that included what is now Utah did not become part of the U.S. until 1848, thanks to the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo.

Historians tell us that part of this area was once called Aztlan, and that early native peoples migrated from this territory to central Mexico. So, Mexicans who are now migrating to Utah are simply coming home. Utah celebrates the illegality of its founding pioneers by putting the date 1847 on its state flag, through a monument (This Is the Place) in east Salt Lake City, and by having an annual Pioneer Day in July.

Speaking of pioneers, did any of these people cross any rivers on their trip to Utah from back east? Did their backs get wet? If Rep. Donnelson's HB7 were retroactive to 1847 would he reconsider the measure?

Luciano S. Martinez
    Murray
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Okay Luciano. You're historically correct. Let's see what happens to Utah when it goes back to Mexico. If you think it's going to be anywhere near as beautiful, Democratic, and law-abiding you're insane.

The "illegal" Mormons saved that part of "Aztlan". The illegal Mexicans can't do anything but sink what they had saved.

And you know that. You just can't admit it out of "brown pride".

No Luciano Martinez is not even historically or ethnographically correct. The Uto Azteca Tanouan linguistic stock extends from Utah all the way to Nicaragua. Both the American Southwest and Mexico are divided among more than this one stock.

Martinez does not seem to suggest that Nicaraguans Indians of the linguistic group who make just a fraction of the income of the the averge Mexican should be welcome to ignore the far more stringent immigration laws of Mexico.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes, how true. It's funny how Mexicans get away with genocide on their own native people (Chiapas 199. Then they come here, both illegally and backed by the same government that "suppressed" the Zapatistas, claiming to be "indigenous".

I admit that I indirectly made a mistake by saying Luciano was correct by categorizing all Native Americans as the same ethnic group. That would be like saying Swedes and Italians are the same. To all my ALIPAC Native American friends I apologize.