Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sheriff Paul Babeu: Napolitano border statement false

Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu: Napolitano border statement false

Posted: 01/05/2011
    Last Updated: 15 minutes ago
    By: Brien McElhatten

PINAL COUNTY, AZ - Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu says drug activity is sharply increasing in his county, and he's taking the opportunity to criticize the federal government.

On Wednesday morning, Babeu's office released new numbers showing a sharp increase in the number of pursuits, calls to the border patrol and the amount of marijuana seized in Pinal County over the past four years.

See the full news release

Babeu took the opportunity to respond to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano's statement from June that the border is "more secure now than it has ever been."

"If the federal government is trying to claim victory, they're divorced from reality," said Babeu.

The reality for Babeu is an increase in smuggling activity in his southern Arizona county, which he says is the number one pass through county in the country for drug and human smuggling.

In 2010, 44,819 pounds of marijuana were seized in Pinal County alone. That's in addition to 335 pursuits and 370 calls to the U.S. Border Patrol. Those numbers were supplied by Babeu’s office.

While the amount of seized marijuana decreased slightly from 2010, pursuits rose by 46 and calls to the Border Patrol went up by 100. All three categories have skyrocketed in numbers over the last four years.

"The numbers show we have a serious problem here and it is increasing for us," said the Sheriff.

Officials with the Department of Homeland Security are singing a different tune.

“The fact is the apprehensions that signify attempted illegal crossings in Arizona have decreased 69.75 % from their high of 725,093 in FY2000 to 219,318 in FY2010. The fact is that seizures of narcotics and other illicit goods are up across the board and show that our approach is working,â€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

well I have family In that town & it bad . what he said it true & Janet said it more secure now then ever been I don't think so . she better look again have obama go down to see/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by southBronx
    Janet said it more secure now then ever been I don't think so .
    In a tV interview she said the most of the 911 terrorists entered the United States via Canada.

well I have family In that town & it bad . what he said it true & Janet said it more secure now then ever been I don't think so . she better look again have obama go down to see/
    Gov Brewer has sent a gazillion invitations to Obama offering to give him a tour of the border in person. He keeps turning down the invitations and does not want to come here to see for himself.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by vistalad
    Janet said it more secure now then ever been I don't think so .
    In a tV interview she said the most of the 911 terrorists entered the United States via Canada.
    I doubt that, it is a fact that many illegal Arabs enter the US via Mexico because they "blend in" there.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Related Post With Video

AZ: Pinal Co. Sheriff Paul Babeu: 'The border is not secure'
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-223662.html