http://www.kcentv.com/news/c-article.ph ... &nid=10825

A song by local musicians getting mixed reviews
Watch Video

Updated: Sep 22, 2006 8:07pm
Three central Texas musicians are striking an emotional "chord" with a new song.

Some in the Hispanic community say the song perpetuates racial stereotypes, but fans are buying hundreds of copies of the single, titled "so long Texas, Hello Mexico." the musicians call it a "humorous musical art" that fits the times, but others are singing a different tune. Rita Jones of Axtell wrote the song in an hour. Longtime Waco radio host and musician Johnny Bradshaw provides the vocals. The song is about a Texan who heads for the border. The song can be bought via a website ( www.JohnnyTex.com )that's had 16,000 hits in just a few days, according to Bradshaw. It's been featured on a CNN website, examined on the front page of the San Antonio Express News and embraced by a National Anti-Illegal Immigration Group that wants to make a video with the band.

Cynthia Cisneros said, "Its just heartbreaking that someone would say stuff like this." Cynthia Cisneros and others at Trujillo's restaurant, on the circle in Waco, are outraged. Janie Lopez said, "I think she's stereotyping the people who come from Mexico, it's probably people thinking just like her. No sense at all." Jones says she's offended to have to dial 1 for English in her own country. Rita Jones said, "and somebody had to say something about it I'm tired of my country being taken advantage of. Both Jones and Bradshaw say they want this to be a good natured song with a message. Johnny Bradshaw said, "I'm not a racist, but a situation is a situation and this song addresses a situation that needs to be addressed."

Hear the song at www.JohnnyTex.com

As per usual, those who complain the loudest are those who either are lawbreakers or those who want more lawbreakers in the USA. And those who take huge advantage of the tolerance of US citizens and laws.